Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been using dermadoctor for a while now, It's excedingly better than using Benzoyl Peroxide, for those who don't know what I'm talking about. Here it is!

DERMAdoctor

Ain't Misbehavin'

medicated aha/bha acne cleanser

* 2% Salicylic Acid - Chemical exfoliant and highest level of Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) FDA approved to treat acne

* 15% Buffered Glycolic Acid - Chemical exfoliant. The most-effective Alpha Hydroxy Acid. Also works to unplug pores and remove blemish forming oils

* Witch Hazel - Astringent agent with potential antibacterial properties

* Sebum Sequestering Microparticles -Advanced, patented microscopic polymer sponges absorb excess surface oils without parching or drying

* Allantoin - Botanical extract with powerful anti-irritant affect on the skin. Prevents the loss of the protective barrier otherwise stripped away by aggressive acne and oil-control treatments

DERMAdoctor

Ain't Misbehavin'

medicated acne control serum

* 2% Salicylic Acid - Chemical exfoliant and highest level of Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) FDA approved to treat acne

* Tea Tree Oil - Natural astringent agent with potential antibacterial properties

* Sebum Sequestering Microparticles- Microscopic polymer sponges absorb excess surface skin oils without parching or drying

* Oleanolic Acid - A leukotriene inhibitor that works to reduce skin inflammation and redness

* White Tea - The most potent tea extract and a powerful rejuvenating antioxidant also contains EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate) to reduce inflammation and redness

* Nordihydroguiaretic Acid (NDGA) - Works to reduce masculine hormone DHT in the skin to reduce sebum and blemish production

and I also use

DERMAdoctor

Ain't Misbehavin'

intensive medicated blackhead treatment

every now and then, which contains Retinol which is what a lot of dermatologists prescribe for Acne.

* Maximum strength 2% salicylic acid (BHA), to unplug pores and treat acne.

* Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex Glycine provides astringent benefits, rapidly improving the appearance of blackheads and pore size.

* Retinol and glycolic acid to keep pores clean and clear.

* Advanced polymer technology soaks up excess surface oils, yet won't leave skin parched.

Now my reasoning for posting this is because I have a few questions

I start off my regimen with the cleanser, then I put on the serum and then sometimes I'll also use the blackhead treatment, using the blackhead treatment and serum at first actually increases my acne for about a week or 2 when I start to reuse it, if I ever stop. It brings small white heads up and gets rid of them quickly

The Serum is a god send when it comes to cystic acne, It speeds up the process incredibly and it also helps bring it to a very small pin point head rather than a large white head that consumes the entire lesion, its very easy to pop and there is no real scaring, just a small hole that shrinks up after about a week. I've found this to be extremely effective so I highly suggest using these things.

After about a month of using this regimen my acne seems to subside, but if I continue to use it like I always do my skin begins to produce excessive amounts of oil so I stop using my regimen which causes new blackheads to appear, which then cause cysts to appear after a while. So my question is, what do I do about the reoccuring blackheads after I MUST stop my regimen. Should I switch to just a simple soap based cleanser instead of the intensive stuff since its already done its job? Should I go to a dermatologist to get some anti-biotics?

I don't really know because I just went through a good 2 month period with no real acne but now I'm starting to get a few cysts, so I have to start up my regimen again. I need something for inbetween to keep it at bay but the stuff I use is to powerful to use for too long.

I've been icing my new cysts and it seems like its helping a bit.

Edited by Mike0q1

Moved from the Acne.org regimen forum to Over the Counter medications forum.

uhh... why?

Because it has nothing to do with the acne.org regimen, and contains no questions about the regimen. It's your own regimen.

uhh... why?

Because it has nothing to do with the acne.org regimen, and contains no questions about the regimen. It's your own regimen.

... then why not put it to the regimen forum thats about... non acne.org benzoyl garbage?

uhh... why?

... then why not put it to the regimen forum thats about... non acne.org benzoyl garbage?

This is an over the counter acne medication forum. Self-explanatory. Of all the other forums, where do you think YOUR OWN regimen fits best? Certainly not in the acne.org one.