Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
autumns

Doxycycline Side Effects

hello,

I just got a prescription for doxycycline, 2x a day, 100 mg and i started taking it for about 5 days. the first 2 days i had a slight headache, then i was ok for a day, then i started feeling light headed (kinda like that feeling you get before u actually go dizzy). it was messing with my work, so i stopped taking the doxy (which apparently u're not supposed to do without physician's consent - whoops). so i haven't taken it for about 3 days, and my head still doesn't feel great. of course now i'm trying to determine whether it was the doxy that caused it in the first place or maybe i have a viral something.

anyhow, was wondering whether anybody had side effects to doxycycline and what they were.

Same dose of doxy as you for almost 2 months now, almost no side effects. Sometimes mild dizziness, slight headache. Tetracyclines can cause swelling of the intracranial areas. its temporary and slight though.

Smoothbeamin... B)

Yea and if thats the case just take it with food. All depends on the person.

GOOD LUCK.

thanks all! seem like i might have caught some bug, feeling better with ibuprofen and sudafed now, prob will start doxy again this coming week. hopefully no more side effects!

My skin is getting crystal clear now from almost 2 months of DOXY.....Keep on it and it will work. Combine it with topicals for less chance of developing a resistance to its effects. This has been scientifically proven as well. 2.5% BP in combo with doxy should prove an excellent regimen, WITH MOISTURIZER. I do differin at night, clindamycin in morning, and Sulphur/Sodium wash 2 x daily. I am hitting it hard right now and winning.

Smoothbeamin... B)

My skin is getting crystal clear now from almost 2 months of DOXY.....Keep on it and it will work. Combine it with topicals for less chance of developing a resistance to its effects. This has been scientifically proven as well. 2.5% BP in combo with doxy should prove an excellent regimen, WITH MOISTURIZER. I do differin at night, clindamycin in morning, and Sulphur/Sodium wash 2 x daily. I am hitting it hard right now and winning.

Smoothbeamin... B)

About 15-20 mins after BP GEL, yes GEL only. You can dab on some moisturizer. I would use neutrogena oil free. apply a thin film on top of bp each morn and night. I think it works well for me and does not clog pores. Pricy, but your worth it man..

Smoothbeamin... B)

just wondering... do u really have to stay out of the sun and all that? because i'm thinking of maybe taking a vacation to nyc and that would most probably involve walking under the sun, but i dont' want to get all sun burnt. will sunscreen do?

Doesnt your skin get red or irritated smoothbeamin???

I'm on my first week of differin. Havent seen much improvement yet.

But i heard that it reduces your acne with 50 pct after a couple of weeks. So i'm thinking about adding something else to it.

Maybe SA, or azelex ....