Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Post TCA peel complications (HELP please!).

Hey guys - sorry,

(included is pictures)

I applied 18% TCA peel from M.A.C on Thursday night (so around 3 days ago), did one layer, waited 5 minutes (then noticed some frosting), applied a second layer to unfrosted areas - but it was stinging too much, so I neutralized it within the minute. (And some crust from a healed pimple fell off with the TCA)

only a good portion of my left cheek frosted, and there was some frosting on some of my blemishes around the face.

3 days past the frosted areas are leathery, dry, and brown - and one blemish turned a little white, but it's getting darker I think (the one were pimple crust fell off during application), and one turned a lot more pink (while the skin around it is brown and dry).

My forehead and nose is not dark brown, but is also really dry, but a lot of my face is only a little bit dry (especially most of my right cheek, were a pimple also appeared, and between my eyes), so it appears the TCA didn't absorb evenly? Which kinda sucks considering my right side of my face was worse with blemishes than the left... and isn't drying half as much... FIGURES!

I did the AHA products 2 weeks or so prior to use, so it should have gone on more even...

will the areas that haven't turned brown/crusty by now likely not peel nicely, and I'll be left with un-even skin tone? Also taking vitamins, lots of water, applied STRICT aftercare (polysporin for 48 hours, and will use sunscreen when I go outside)

Thanks!

post-130754-1275848099_thumb.jpg

post-130754-1275848116_thumb.jpg

post-130754-1275848517_thumb.jpg

post-130754-1275848099_thumb.jpg

post-130754-1275848116_thumb.jpg

post-130754-1275848517_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guest

You WILL get peeling everywhere that you've applied the TCA, but where you didn't frost you probably won't get snake-like peeling, but just a gradual flaking off of skin. So the results there probably won't be as good. But don't worry, you won't get uneven skin tone.

You can never really get TCA to be applied completely evenly, but the trick to good results is to make sure it at least frosts everywhere. I know, the stinging is tough to overcome. Try doing the peel on one part of your face at a time. For example, do one layer on your forehead, wait five minutes, then do another layer on your forehead, and THEN move on to another part of your face. This gives much more control than applying layers of TCA to your entire face at once. Also, having a fan blowing in your face after applying the TCA really cuts down on the stinging.

By the way, you really shouldn't do any chemical peels until you get you acne sorted out. Putting TCA over active lesions is not a good idea. Plus all your effort will be wasted when new lesions pop up, leaving new PIH for you to deal with.

You WILL get peeling everywhere that you've applied the TCA, but where you didn't frost you probably won't get snake-like peeling, but just a gradual flaking off of skin. So the results there probably won't be as good. But don't worry, you won't get uneven skin tone.

You can never really get TCA to be applied completely evenly, but the trick to good results is to make sure it at least frosts everywhere. I know, the stinging is tough to overcome. Try doing the peel on one part of your face at a time. For example, do one layer on your forehead, wait five minutes, then do another layer on your forehead, and THEN move on to another part of your face. This gives much more control than applying layers of TCA to your entire face at once. Also, having a fan blowing in your face after applying the TCA really cuts down on the stinging.

By the way, you really shouldn't do any chemical peels until you get you acne sorted out. Putting TCA over active lesions is not a good idea. Plus all your effort will be wasted when new lesions pop up, leaving new PIH for you to deal with.

I usually only get pimples when I stress out - and the TCA made me stress out a little.

It's only one pimple , and it's not too big, as long as I don't pop it - it should be fine, right?

I called Makeup Artist Choice the other day, and they said it wasn't a big deal - as long as I don't f**k around with it :P

Wouldn't the inflamed skin on top of the pimple peel off?

It sort of sucks, because I can't put on any Ben.Perox. until it's all healed - so I just have to hope the pimple goes down : (