Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
azz1

Candida Killing Diet

I have been going off and on an anti candida diet for the past two or three weeks. Off and on as in, I eat 90% eggs, meat, veggies, selective nuts and seeds, and then I end up binge eating on something "naughty" that will make me break out- ok, binge eating or drinking with friends. I also started using apple cider vinegar internally and topically which has helped a TON. I decided to start a log though, both to inspire and keep myself motivated and to encourage others. I work nights, and just this evening ate some crap from the vending machines and some junk energy bar and bread. The funny thing is that I don't really even enjoy eating it anymore- especially when I start to think about the inevitable break outs to come. So today, I am starting fresh, really committing to this for a month, and seeing where my body will lead my skin... hopefully to health and healing as I have already seen!

Diet:

Eggs, eggs, and more eggs!

Chicken, buffalo, sashimi

Almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds (yummy)

Onion, garlic, eggplant, lettuce, tomatoes (not sure if allowed), bell peppers, etc.

Supplements:

Zinc, Vit A, Vit E, Digestive Enzymes*** these are super helpful***, grapeseed extract, apple cider vinegar, Vit B, Spirulina. (Ok, I know, I take a lot of supps but it seems to be helping)...

Topically:

Sea salt wash (do not scrub, very gently) or sulfur soap or just water depending on how skin feels

ACV topically, once a day now

Eminence moisturizer

OCM-- once or twice a week

Also will be updating amount of nasty cigarettes I poison my body with daily- hopefully 0 very soon.

I will post pictures soon. Since I started eating cleaner and taking ACV as well as applying it topically, my skin has cleared about 60%, and I have had horrible cystic cheek acne, redness, small and large zits about. Sometimes 20 at a time... very depressing. So, I feel ready to be committed to say the least. I will be updating daily as I jump deeper into this diet! Feel free to let me knwo your experience/tips with candida. :dance:

Ok "first" day of eating to get rid of candida--- succesful thus far, even though last night was incredibly stressful and I am tired I still stuck to the diet, yay me (I am a huge stress eater).

Breakfast:

Pine nuts

Lunch:

4 eggs

1 onion

2 roma tomatos

Dinner:

Chicken breast

Almonds

My meals are kind of messed up because I work night shift and I usually eat a lot more veggies than that, but need to go to the store. Feeling low on energy but I think that has to do with working a 14 hour shift last night.

Skin seems to be about the same, used the OCM, apple cider vinegar and moisturizer today. I have some before pics I need to put up here but first... rest!

I don't think I will be able to do this diet for long without adding fruit back in-- at least apples - I am addicted to almond butter with apples!! :-)

Ok not much else to report. Oh... cigarettes-- about 3 I think. Not great. I'm tired of them though and really don't see the point of this casual smoking except sometimes when I want to eat I'll smoke instead. Need to stop this whole reliance thing.

Have a great day everyone, I'm off to bed finally!!

Big reason most people can't stick it out with an anti-candida diet is they don't have the right macro-nutrient breakdown. When you go low carb you HAVE TO go high fat or you'll feel like you got run over by a big rig everyday, and that's not even counting the die off that'll come eventually.

Where's the Coconut Oil? That stuff should be your best friend and is ESSENTIAL to your success IMHO. Coconut Oil should be the only oil you cook with.... Olive oil is good for sauteeing veggies or using as a dressing on salads.

Secondly pay close attention to how you react with certain veggies. I tend to be somewhat sensitive to night shades, so peppers and tomatoes are out for me. I also am sensitive to almonds now days (probably because of the candida issue) and if you don't soak them overnight to breakdown the phytes this could be a huge issue causing your skin to erupt.

And don't forget about water, should be your only beverage.

Lastly, make sure NONE of your vitamins contain the common allergens especially YEAST, most B-vitamins have it unless it specifically says its free of it.

Congrats on making your on log, now cut out the cigarettes and keep this thing going!! haha

Here's some list of what I eat in case you wanted to know:

Protein: All organic: grass-fed beef, wild salmon, chicken thighs with the fat, eggs (lots of them) occasionally some wild shrimp

Carbs: broccoli, spinach, kale, green and red cabbage, green beans, cauliflower

Fats: Coconut Oil, sometimes Olive Oil, Cod Liver Oil

My breakdown is roughly 60-65% of my calories from fat, 30% from protein and 7-10% from carbs

Its important to realize this isn't a calorie restricted diet, in fact you should be able to eat more since your eating nutrient dense food that's lower in calories overall compared to the sugary empty calories.

I'd also recommend adding in some sort of Fish Oil and regular Vitamin C to your supplement routine.

And don't cheat!!! Remember its all about planning!!! Just know that if you cheat, even once it will set you back, effectively making you take one step forward and two steps back.

Good luck, you can do this, once you get past the first month, you'll be so use to it and motivated that you won't even think about it. And don't forget to start researching a good detox plan to incorporate down the line.

PANIC

Edited by Panic!!

Big reason most people can't stick it out with an anti-candida diet is they don't have the right macro-nutrient breakdown. When you go low carb you HAVE TO go high fat or you'll feel like you got run over by a big rig everyday, and that's not even counting the die off that'll come eventually.

Where's the Coconut Oil? That stuff should be your best friend and is ESSENTIAL to your success IMHO. Coconut Oil should be the only oil you cook with.... Olive oil is good for sauteeing veggies or using as a dressing on salads.

Secondly pay close attention to how you react with certain veggies. I tend to be somewhat sensitive to night shades, so peppers and tomatoes are out for me. I also am sensitive to almonds now days (probably because of the candida issue) and if you don't soak them overnight to breakdown the phytes this could be a huge issue causing your skin to erupt.

And don't forget about water, should be your only beverage.

Lastly, make sure NONE of your vitamins contain the common allergens especially YEAST, most B-vitamins have it unless it specifically says its free of it.

Congrats on making your on log, now cut out the cigarettes and keep this thing going!! haha

Here's some list of what I eat in case you wanted to know:

Protein: All organic: grass-fed beef, wild salmon, chicken thighs with the fat, eggs (lots of them) occasionally some wild shrimp

Carbs: broccoli, spinach, kale, green and red cabbage, green beans, cauliflower

Fats: Coconut Oil, sometimes Olive Oil, Cod Liver Oil

My breakdown is roughly 60-65% of my calories from fat, 30% from protein and 7-10% from carbs

Its important to realize this isn't a calorie restricted diet, in fact you should be able to eat more since your eating nutrient dense food that's lower in calories overall compared to the sugary empty calories.

I'd also recommend adding in some sort of Fish Oil and regular Vitamin C to your supplement routine.

And don't cheat!!! Remember its all about planning!!! Just know that if you cheat, even once it will set you back, effectively making you take one step forward and two steps back.

Good luck, you can do this, once you get past the first month, you'll be so use to it and motivated that you won't even think about it. And don't forget to start researching a good detox plan to incorporate down the line.

PANIC

PANIC! Thanks for helping me out my friend. I really appreciate your input. So far I have never noticed a correlation between any veggies and breakouts, but I will keep a close eye out. Is that really all you eat? Do you eat any sort of carbs at all? I Have been following this web site on candida diets: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/foodstoeat.htm, and they seem to allow brown rice, quinoa, millet, and other non wheat or gluteny type carbs. I haven't been eating these at all, but was curious if you did or if others had experienced this diet with success adding those things in.

Also, how long have you been on the diet for PANIC? Have you ever been able to add in more foods? The research I've done on anti candida seems to imply that after you have "starved" off the candida, and replaced the bad bacteria with healthier ones (or at least signficantly changed the balance)- you are able to start adding fruits, some wheat or cheese, etc, back in as long as you do so in moderation.

I guess if you have acne the proof, of course, is in the pudding.... haha literally. If it makes you break out your body either isn't ready for it or has a lasting allergy to it.

Oh and coconut oil-- mmmm yes I do use it, haven't for the last couple days for some reason, but really need to amp it up, I have been reading about how it is such a wonderful healing food topically and internally. I also love how it makes food non stick to the pan!! :)

I will check my vitamins for gluten or other additives- I've noticed at Freddies a lot of the vitamins contain soy for some reason....

Anyways, thank you so much for your help!! Enjoy your day. :)

That's good news, but still keep an eye out.[/b]

Is that really all you eat? Do you eat any sort of carbs at all? I Have been following this web site on candida diets: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/foodstoeat.htm, and they seem to allow brown rice, quinoa, millet, and other non wheat or gluteny type carbs.

Yeah that's all I eat, but I eat MASS quantities of it. I go through a huge head of red/green cabbage in 2-3 days, 4 heads of cauliflower a week minimum and so much broccoli they should name it after me. I also eat a couple handfuls of spinach everyday, usually in my eggs. Occasionally I'll eat zucchini, kale and chard. Leafy green are great for you and definitely help your body heal.

Here's the thing with carbs, they break down into glucose aka sugar in the blood stream. Regardless of what source they come from; fruit, grains, veggies you name it, they breakdown to sugar in the blood stream. Most of the candida diets you'll read online will tell you to either be very strict for a week or two, then start adding in some restricted foods like sweet potatoes, brown rice, millet etc. But in my opinion that's STILL going to feed the yeast when its running rampant in your system. My candida routine has three angles:

a) starve off the yest with a strict anti-candida diet (I never go about 70-80g of carbs all from veggies a day)

b) build up the immune system, through supplements, exercise, sweating, rest and eliminating stress

c) detoxify major organs with cleansing: colon, kidney, liver

After tons of research I realize that the diet is the main part, it will get things in check and relieve a lot of your symptoms, BUT and its a big BUT (haha), it won't kill off all the yeast, that's where detoxing comes into play. I don't recommend detoxing until doing the diet for a while so you can build up some of your immune system to handle all the toxins that will be flushed out. Some detox right before they start, you'll have to do what you think is best.

To me eating grains while on this diet will not get you very far, I'd avoid them for at least a few months, then see how you do by slowly re-introducing them.

I haven't been eating these at all, but was curious if you did or if others had experienced this diet with success adding those things in.

I think people who don't have a systemic or bad yeast infection might be able to get away with eating them, and to tell you the truth I'm not sure if I have/had a systemic candida over-growth or just a localized one, but I'm an all or nothing type of person. If I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it as strict as possible so I never have to do this again. I'd highly recommend staying away from grains for a good bit

Also, how long have you been on the diet for PANIC? Have you ever been able to add in more foods? The research I've done on anti candida seems to imply that after you have "starved" off the candida, and replaced the bad bacteria with healthier ones (or at least signficantly changed the balance)- you are able to start adding fruits, some wheat or cheese, etc, back in as long as you do so in moderation.

I'm in my 12th Week on this diet, this Friday I'll be finishing 3 months. I haven't added any foods back into my diet yet because I still need to detox. I'm starting a colon cleanse this week and will be doing this for a while, then move on to other organs before I even think about adding things back in. Parasites are very common when candida is an issue. I've learned that even though candida can and does cause tons of symptoms including acne, its usually another symptom of another imbalance in the system. In other words if you have candida and parasites, and you don't address the parasites, you will start having issues again right when you get off the diet. Detox is very important along with the diet. I imagine I'll be detoxing for a while, sticking to the strict diet and then adding in foods.

I guess if you have acne the proof, of course, is in the pudding.... haha literally. If it makes you break out your body either isn't ready for it or has a lasting allergy to it.

I don't have acne anymore, I've been clear for the past 3 weeks just from this diet alone. Although I did get a good sized pimple from trying Pau D'Arco Tea for a few nights last week, most likely a healing reaction, so I stopped using it. Parasites also cause food sensitivities, so its imperative to get rid of them, colon cleansing is suppose to be a great way to help kill parasites because they thrive in a dirty environment. Most people with candida don't have healthy bowel movements.

Oh and coconut oil-- mmmm yes I do use it, haven't for the last couple days for some reason, but really need to amp it up, I have been reading about how it is such a wonderful healing food topically and internally. I also love how it makes food non stick to the pan!! :)

Yeah get on the coconut oil, its probably the biggest supplement that will help you on this program. You should build up to taking 6 tbsps a day after each meal in addition to the amount you use to cook with. Go slow though or you'll be feeling like crap all the time. It took me over two months to get up to 6 tbsps a day and I still get die off symptoms.

I will check my vitamins for gluten or other additives- I've noticed at Freddies a lot of the vitamins contain soy for some reason....

PANIC

That's good news, but still keep an eye out.[/b]

Is that really all you eat? Do you eat any sort of carbs at all? I Have been following this web site on candida diets: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/foodstoeat.htm, and they seem to allow brown rice, quinoa, millet, and other non wheat or gluteny type carbs.

Yeah that's all I eat, but I eat MASS quantities of it. I go through a huge head of red/green cabbage in 2-3 days, 4 heads of cauliflower a week minimum and so much broccoli they should name it after me. I also eat a couple handfuls of spinach everyday, usually in my eggs. Occasionally I'll eat zucchini, kale and chard. Leafy green are great for you and definitely help your body heal.

Here's the thing with carbs, they break down into glucose aka sugar in the blood stream. Regardless of what source they come from; fruit, grains, veggies you name it, they breakdown to sugar in the blood stream. Most of the candida diets you'll read online will tell you to either be very strict for a week or two, then start adding in some restricted foods like sweet potatoes, brown rice, millet etc. But in my opinion that's STILL going to feed the yeast when its running rampant in your system. My candida routine has three angles:

a) starve off the yest with a strict anti-candida diet (I never go about 70-80g of carbs all from veggies a day)

b) build up the immune system, through supplements, exercise, sweating, rest and eliminating stress

c) detoxify major organs with cleansing: colon, kidney, liver

After tons of research I realize that the diet is the main part, it will get things in check and relieve a lot of your symptoms, BUT and its a big BUT (haha), it won't kill off all the yeast, that's where detoxing comes into play. I don't recommend detoxing until doing the diet for a while so you can build up some of your immune system to handle all the toxins that will be flushed out. Some detox right before they start, you'll have to do what you think is best.

To me eating grains while on this diet will not get you very far, I'd avoid them for at least a few months, then see how you do by slowly re-introducing them.

I haven't been eating these at all, but was curious if you did or if others had experienced this diet with success adding those things in.

I think people who don't have a systemic or bad yeast infection might be able to get away with eating them, and to tell you the truth I'm not sure if I have/had a systemic candida over-growth or just a localized one, but I'm an all or nothing type of person. If I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it as strict as possible so I never have to do this again. I'd highly recommend staying away from grains for a good bit

I'm in my 12th Week on this diet, this Friday I'll be finishing 3 months. I haven't added any foods back into my diet yet because I still need to detox. I'm starting a colon cleanse this week and will be doing this for a while, then move on to other organs before I even think about adding things back in. Parasites are very common when candida is an issue. I've learned that even though candida can and does cause tons of symptoms including acne, its usually another symptom of another imbalance in the system. In other words if you have candida and parasites, and you don't address the parasites, you will start having issues again right when you get off the diet. Detox is very important along with the diet. I imagine I'll be detoxing for a while, sticking to the strict diet and then adding in foods.

I don't have acne anymore, I've been clear for the past 3 weeks just from this diet alone. Although I did get a good sized pimple from trying Pau D'Arco Tea for a few nights last week, most likely a healing reaction, so I stopped using it. Parasites also cause food sensitivities, so its imperative to get rid of them, colon cleansing is suppose to be a great way to help kill parasites because they thrive in a dirty environment. Most people with candida don't have healthy bowel movements.

Yeah get on the coconut oil, its probably the biggest supplement that will help you on this program. You should build up to taking 6 tbsps a day after each meal in addition to the amount you use to cook with. Go slow though or you'll be feeling like crap all the time. It took me over two months to get up to 6 tbsps a day and I still get die off symptoms.

PANIC

Panic, what kind of a bowel cleanse are you going to be doing? I'm currently on an anti-candida diet, taking increasing ammounts of coconut oil/day, and then waiting about an hour and taking a psyllium and bentonite shake. I started the p&b shakes 3 days ago... so far, nothing really to report, and the shake is essentially tasteless. Bentonite has literally no taste, to the shake tastes like psyllium, it's more of the consistency that's nasty. Anyways, I was thinking of getting colonics after a heavy day of antifungals... to get rid of the die off. But... I guess I just wanted to know what your plan is for colon cleansing.

Thanks! : )

PANIC

Thanks for all your awesome info!! Man I feel like I am in school studying this or something- it's intense! But our bodies are so complicated and intricate- it doesn't surprise me that we need a detailed specific plan to get ourselves out of the modern, destructive diet.

Ok so yesterday was a great day with the diet:

3 eggs, cocounut oil

Sashimi!! : 2 servings tuna, 2 servings salmon (YUMMM)

3 eggs (again bleh), 1 head of broccoli, 1 eggplant with olive oil (sauteed)

snack: almonds

Ok so I realize that I am not eating enough. Today when I woke up I was starving, like the kind of hungry where you think you are going to pass out any second. I went grocery shopping and bought a bag of sweet potato chips and ate some of them, which I know is not on the diet but I was literally about to pass out. I don't know what to start eating to get my energy/ blood sugar levels up? I am protein deficeint hypoglycemic, but usually need a good balance of carbs and protein to keep me chugging along. Maybe more veggies? I don't know.

Another thing is that I have felt like CRAP the last couple nights at work... extrememly exhausted, hot and then cold, feeling sick then feeling fine... I don't know if this is from a lack of sleep, the diet, or from starting my monthly this week, probably a combination of all three. I am taking candida stat which also kills candida, maybe I am over doing it I'm not sure.

SKIN:

Yesterday I started using coconut oil on my skin, I have used it before but kind of forgot about it. I LOVE the way it feels... after a long night at work coming home and massaging that into my face is sooo therapeutic. After doing an OCM I add apple cider vinegar and off to bed.

My skin is still looking a ton better than it did a few weeks ago, I am expecting a big breakout because of the binge I had a couple of nights ago... so far a tiny pimple on one cheek that i can tell will not last long, and a small pimple on the other side of my chin which does not look cystic and should be gone soon too. I really think that the digestive enzymes I'm taking -- Enzymedic digest gold with probiotics- are really helping to decrease the breakouts. All the rest of the pimples are in remission, I hope and think, are drying up/dissappearing, etc. I have horrible horrible scarring, I am a redhead and very fair skinned and scar like a mofo so I am hoping that some of the oils and the ACV will help with that over time.

Okay, tonight I am having a turkey salad, almonds, lots of coconut oil, some eggies and peppers so it should be a yummy night.

Be blessed everybody!

PANIC: I like your method of doign this so thoroughly you "never have to do it again". I need to get that mindset, I need to figure out the amounts to eat so that I am not starving to death and end up eating something unplanned. I don't want to gain weight either but it seems like it might be hard on this diet! :-P

REASONS NOT TO BINGE EAT

Ahhh okay so that binge from a few days ago is finally catching up to me... yup its day three and that's about how it goes. I have two smallish zits forming near my chin, and two new baby ones on my forehead, and one baby one on my cheek. At least its better than the monster cysts I used to get on my cheeks!! Haven't had one of those as a newbie in a while- at least not the kind sticking out from my face like a freaking billboard sign for candida.

BUT, I have always been a binge eater--- being bulimic for ten years (recovered now) does not help my mind set. Here are some great reasons not to binge though:

1. Binge eating is a distraction from life and emotion- it does NOT resolve issues, tiredness, or thirst.

2. Binge eating causes.... (da na na...) ACNE!! You guessed it. Especially on me. Into the tummy, out on the skin. It's not only depressing to feel fat and bloated after the binge, but the anticipation of the upcoming breakout is dehabilitating.

3. Binge eating can cause weight gain, or lead to unhealthy decisions not to gain weight (over exercise, induced vomitting, etc).

4. It's a waste of $ and food!! :P

5. Even if skin is "clearing up" it is NOT an excuse to binge!! It will make you break out! :P

Other Options (I am always a big fan of "outs"):

1. Always drink a ton of water when wanting to binge--- a lot of times I personally start craving sugar/carbs when I'm dehydrated.

2. Exercise!! Even a few push ups and sits ups can be distracting enough.

3. Pray, relax, use calming techniques for the body and identify the feelings and situation that is giving the urge to binge.

4. Eat a small portion of something healthy (anti candida for me).

5. Go for a walk

6. Call/do something nice for a loved one.

That's about it for now... I really don't struggle with binge eating as much as I used to, but a few times a month I really feel the urge and need to remember the results just ain't worth it!!

How do you know you have candida? Is your tounge white or what? If so, you should wash your mouth with a product like LISTERINE (which curiously contain Benzaic Acid).

A high % of people have candida, and like acne, the body immune system must control the growth of this fungus.

Edited by Corsair

How do you know you have candida? Is your tounge white or what? If so, you should wash your mouth with a product like LISTERINE (which curiously contain Benzaic Acid).

A high % of people have candida, and like acne, the body immune system must control the growth of this fungus.

Hey Corsair

Great question. You know, like you said, most people have candida. I am not worried about candida persay, if it was in check. I am worried about having an overgrowth of candida which has caused acne, brain fog, fatigue, and emotional problems.

The reasons I think I have candida overgrowth are pretty simple, and anyone with my past would be suspect, I think. I am twenty five. For the first 12 years of my life I ate a very healthy diet, my mom wasn't the type to keep candy or even cereal around. We ate healthy meals. When I was 13 I became anorexic, followed shortly by bulimia which lasted about 8-9 years. During this time, I was constantly eating sugar sugar sugar, and throwing up around 20 times a day (sounds gross I know, I was very sick, in and out of the hospital and treatment a lot). I know during this time I wrecked complete havoc on my digestive system and hormones. I stopped having my period, and I didn't have bowel movements very often at all. All I really put into my body was sugar and carbs, and my immune system, like you mentioned, was very compromised. When I was about 21 I decided I had to get better, that I would do anything to beat that stupid disease. This is never an easy process and does not happen overnight unfortuneately. I could not stop binge eating on sugar! I remember at this period of time- I was in college, eating large bags of reeses pieces, boxes of cereal, dozens of cookies, binges at fast food restauraunts- I was so addicted to sugar I could not just stop the binge eating. I stopped throing up, but kept putting that crap in my body constantly. Needless to say this was not the most happy time in my life.

I finally moved home and the binge eating slowed down. I had a fuller life, more friends, exerciseed a lot more. My acne during all of this time was moderate. About a year and a half ago I started a very stressful schooling program. I remember eating king size twix bars on the way to school, buying tons of chocolate and sugar to study with. Sugar was my drug. Moderate acne still, controlled by benzyl peroxide products like ProActive that in retrospect I wish I Never used. About a year ago I started getting a kind of acne I never had before: large nodules on my cheeks that protuded out several centimeters. Nasty! They weren't that frequent though. I would pick at them because I was ignorant and at the time didn't even think about it. Finally, this summer I started noticing a relationship between what I ate and what my skin did. I was working full time and in school full time and my skin broke out like never before. In Decemeber I did an experiement where I only ate fruit, veggies, and raw eggs for one week. No new pimples, and all the old ones quickly went away. Unfortunately I was using Murad at the same time and I ignorantly told myself it was the product. At Christimas time someone gave me a box filled with chocolate. I ate all the chocolate, plus cookies, cakes, anything and everything sweet sweet sweet. The next week I had about- I kid you not- thirty pimples all over my face. Wow, diet really does affect me.

Since Decemeber i really struggled with cystic acne quite badly. I know I have a candida overgrowth because of the way my body has craved sugar- thank the good Lord that the less I eat it, the less I crave it. I also had severe brain fog- inability to think clearly- which can be caused by candida overgrowth. When I eat candida free, I never get this. Another sign that my intestines were horribly messed up were my bowel movements- I would only have one about once every 2-3 days or sometimes longer, and they were hard and uncomfortable (sorry if that grosses you out, just the facts) :) Once I started eating a ton of vegetables and taking crap out of my diet, I now have bowel movements 2-3 times a day, and they are soft and "S" curved mimicking the shape of the colon. This is how they should be so I am taking that as a very very good sign.

I found this list of signs and symptoms of candida overgrowth:

•Frequent stomach pains and digestion problems

•Skin problems (skin infections, eczema, psoriasis, acne)

•Foggy brain / Trouble concentrating

•Constant tiredness and exhaustion

•Anxiety

•Mood swings

•Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)

•Anger outbursts

•Irritability

•Headaches

•Intense cravings for sugars, sweets, and breads

•Itchy skin

Of that list, I have had skin problems, digestive problems, foggy brain and trouble concentrating, constant exhaustion, mood swings (big time, much better when I eat anti candida), irritability, headaches, intense cravings for sugars, sweets, and breads. I know this list here isn't even as comprehensive as some. I got that info from http://www.candidasymptoms.net/ if you are interested in reading up.

Last March, I was eating what I wouldn't have called candida free then- but just veggies, and I actually ate fruit then also which I don't right now, veggies, and nuts. My skin was great. I had a party and drank a bunch of whiskey and ate about 10 cupcakes (gross I know- hey I was the baker!) My skin broke out SO badly the next week, about ten cystic pimples all down one side of my face. I'm not sure if I need more evidence than that.

Sorry this is so long, it's been a loooooonnnng journey!

I am just going to include yesterday into this post:

Diet:

sweet potato chips- bad I know, was about to pass out at the store

Yummy salad: turkey with hot peppers, lettuce, avocado, bell pepper, olive oil

Leftover turkery, bell pepper

Eggs, coconut oil

Snack: almonds

Overall it was a pretty good day I think. I have noticed as I said earlier that my mood is much better when I eat this way which is such an added bonus. No new pimples today, although I am still recovering from my binge breakout that finally surfaced yesterday afternoon.

Cigarettes: 3 (bad)

So, does anyone know about the not washing your face with anythign but water method, and what do they think about it? I am really tempted to do it, right now I mostly wash with salt water anyways, but then use ACV which is working but I think drying out my skin. I was thinking about my neices and nephews, they never use anything other than water on their skin and it is obviously flawless, so glowing and beautiful. I think as teens we begin stripping that glow and then it never stops.... I'm afraid of mass breakouts though although if my diet stays clean i shouldn't have a problem.

Be blessed everyone!! :)

***DAY FOUR****

Yesterday went really well, my skin is healing nicely also. I have one new pimple on my forehead, which I think is also from my binge last weekend, but it could be from eating sweet potato chips, I am not sure.

Yesterday's log:

3 eggs, coconut oil

1 zucchini with ground turkey, peppers

1 T coconut oil (of which I am nearly OUT)

Almonds

Pumpkin seeds

Ciggies: 2 ish - better

Exercise: Quite a bit walking, moving boxes

up and down stairs

I am wondering if I should add Vit D to my diet. Hmmm... we'll see.

Ok so yesterday was not a good day. It started out fine, eating eggs, lots of veggies in the morning, and coconut oil. I went to work on homework at a coffee shop, however, and my blood sugar dropped super low. Being in the middle of a timed test, I had to eat something, and ended up eating some granolay type cake bar. After that I sort of freaked out, thinking I had to go on a binge of a lot of sugar and then get rid of it all through purging. Forutnately, although I did eat some more sugar I did not end up getting rid of it. I have a good support network for that side of things. I really need to analyze/work on why I get like that. Fear, I guess. I really wish I could just be able to do this anti candida diet completely, and I feel like 75% of the time I can, but then I mess up. I need to be more prepared I guess.

Well, all I can do now is keep trying. My skin is not breaking out as bad, still, I had no new pimples today although I am sure that binge will affect my skin later. I have been using honey and coconut oil on my skin and that's about it and I feel like my skin is much happier. And ACV sometimes. Yesterday I added vit D to my supplements so we will see how that goes.

Anyways I am putting yesterday in the PAST and know that today is going to be great, I can feel it.

Be well

So... so so so..

Diet has been good since my last "binge"... although I did break out on one side of my face from that.. I have figured out it takes about 50-60 hours for a binge on sugar or wheat products to show up on my skin. Well, at least I know what to expect. I am not sure why I am only breaking out badly on the one side of my face (not really complaining, its better than all over like it has been in the past)... The only thing I can think of is that that is the side of my face that I talk on the phone on... and I use my celly A LOT.

My diet the last couple of days has consisted of nuts, loads of veggies (lettuce, broccoli, bell peppers, onion), ground turkey, eggs, and that's about it. Seems like those are the things that break me out, but it's hard to tell because I had such a hard time not binge eating last week for some reason. I am really working on this, and working on once I start, knowing it's okay to stop and I don't need to continue bingeing just because I feel I have "messed everything up". It's so psychological, and I feel bad as I feel that I am in total control and screwing up my skin as a choice-- even though of course I do not want to choose that.

On another note, I am sooo tired of people telling me just to go on birth control, that I can't save my skin through diet or supplements. It's so frustrating! I just think...do you know how many stories I have heard of people's skin mucking up worse after they go on bc?? ALl things considering, my skin is doing loads better since I started eating healthier, and I do see a direct link to diet and acne!

I started doing a honey mask which I love, and have continued using coconut oil on my skin. Last night a friend of mine commented that I was "glowing" which I attribute to the coconut oil. Love that stuff! I stopped washing my face with anything but water and occasionally sea salt. It's ironic but my skin actually seems less irritated/inflamed when I don't wash it as much.

It seems like with everything I am doing, the occasional binges shouldn't be affecting my skin as badly, but it looks like I really need to stick to the diet to get clear skin. I am looking over PANIC's information and am thinking of cutting almonds out of my diet for a while too. They are not helping my weight anyways because I snack on them constantly.

Tonight/day my diet has gone well so far, am eating a lot more coconut oil, made a turkey salad for dinner, had two eggs and bell peppers for a snack.

I am going to really try hard for the next seven days to stick to anti candida. Hopefully I will have great success to report!

Smartie: I'm doing a psyllium/bentonite cleanse as well. Just started yesterday actually and spent part of the day in the bathroom! haha Its crucial as you probably know to really up your water intake while doing this if you want it to be successful. I drank almost a gallon yesterday.

Yeah I'd love to get colonics, and I might do that down the line, but for now I feel pretty confident from all the research that psyllium/bentonite is a good cleanse. I'm going to be doing a full body detox.

Starting with the colon cleanse, then parasite, then kidneys, and then liver flushing. I'm really hoping this is the last step along with then getting on some good homemade probiotics to put the candida issue back in check and never have to deal with it again.

I feel like the shakes are pretty much tasteless, I mix 1 tbsp of liquid bentonite and 1 teaspoon of psyllium in 8 oz of water and down it, then drink another 8 oz immediately after.

I may add in oil of oregano and or grapefruit seed extract over the following weeks, but I haven't decided on that yet. Still doing 6 tbsps of Coconut Oil a day (pretty sick of it) and 3-4 raw cloves of garlic as my anti-fungals. The more and more I research the more I think that this diet is all about building your immune system up to naturally put candida back in check rather than getting on different anti-fungals, although I could be wrong.

Ramiejae: Its all about planning.... I literally am always planning my day around my food, yeah it sucks, but its only temporary. And to get rid of candida and be happy again is worth the sacrifice. I always buy my food and then for the produce I cut it all up and store them in zip-loc freezer bags, so I can easily make a meal in 10-15 minutes when I need to eat. I think a big part of what makes people cheat or binge is 1) they go too long in between meals so their blood sugar drops 2) they don't want to have to spend another 30-40 minutes prepping and cooking before they eat. That's actually the reason sugar and processed food is so addictive, its easy and tastes good, but its terrible for you.

You've got to let your will power be stronger than your cravings. The first couple weeks on this diet SUCK A-SS!! You get INTENSE cravings and its hard not giving into them, BUT my mindset has always been, the sooner I go through the hard stuff, the easier it will be when I'm all better. I still get cravings, especially because I'm around bad food all day. Yesterday my sister made oatmeal raisin cookies, then I went to a grad party and watched everyone eat pizza, pasta and chocolate cake. I ate some chicken before and just drank tons of water and tried not to think about it.

DO NOT CHEAT!!!! It will DEFINITELY set you back days if not weeks. Essentially when you cheat your giving into the yeast, your feeding the beast to grow bigger and your creating a bigger problem. I'm sure it can be tough especially because life for most people is go go go, but just spend some time planning ahead and you'll be good, cook in bulk too and store it so you can just pull it out, heat it up and eat. This has been pretty easy for me in that regard because I have always been into lifting and made most of my meals, eating 5-6x a day.

Regarding the nuts, the main reason I'm staying away from them is because they are a magnet for mold and fungus and being in this condition will only feed the bad guys. I suppose I could eat nuts if I soaked them over night to break down the phytes which make them hard to digest, but I'm not taking any chances. Just back to the mentality that if your going to do something do it 100% strict.

I'm about to hit the 3 month mark, seems like its breezed by. Really really looking forward to re-introducing some carbs within another 4-6 weeks.

PANIC

Smartie: I'm doing a psyllium/bentonite cleanse as well. Just started yesterday actually and spent part of the day in the bathroom! haha Its crucial as you probably know to really up your water intake while doing this if you want it to be successful. I drank almost a gallon yesterday.

Yeah I'd love to get colonics, and I might do that down the line, but for now I feel pretty confident from all the research that psyllium/bentonite is a good cleanse. I'm going to be doing a full body detox.

Starting with the colon cleanse, then parasite, then kidneys, and then liver flushing. I'm really hoping this is the last step along with then getting on some good homemade probiotics to put the candida issue back in check and never have to deal with it again.

I feel like the shakes are pretty much tasteless, I mix 1 tbsp of liquid bentonite and 1 teaspoon of psyllium in 8 oz of water and down it, then drink another 8 oz immediately after.

I may add in oil of oregano and or grapefruit seed extract over the following weeks, but I haven't decided on that yet. Still doing 6 tbsps of Coconut Oil a day (pretty sick of it) and 3-4 raw cloves of garlic as my anti-fungals. The more and more I research the more I think that this diet is all about building your immune system up to naturally put candida back in check rather than getting on different anti-fungals, although I could be wrong.

Ramiejae: Its all about planning.... I literally am always planning my day around my food, yeah it sucks, but its only temporary. And to get rid of candida and be happy again is worth the sacrifice. I always buy my food and then for the produce I cut it all up and store them in zip-loc freezer bags, so I can easily make a meal in 10-15 minutes when I need to eat. I think a big part of what makes people cheat or binge is 1) they go too long in between meals so their blood sugar drops 2) they don't want to have to spend another 30-40 minutes prepping and cooking before they eat. That's actually the reason sugar and processed food is so addictive, its easy and tastes good, but its terrible for you.

You've got to let your will power be stronger than your cravings. The first couple weeks on this diet SUCK A-SS!! You get INTENSE cravings and its hard not giving into them, BUT my mindset has always been, the sooner I go through the hard stuff, the easier it will be when I'm all better. I still get cravings, especially because I'm around bad food all day. Yesterday my sister made oatmeal raisin cookies, then I went to a grad party and watched everyone eat pizza, pasta and chocolate cake. I ate some chicken before and just drank tons of water and tried not to think about it.

DO NOT CHEAT!!!! It will DEFINITELY set you back days if not weeks. Essentially when you cheat your giving into the yeast, your feeding the beast to grow bigger and your creating a bigger problem. I'm sure it can be tough especially because life for most people is go go go, but just spend some time planning ahead and you'll be good, cook in bulk too and store it so you can just pull it out, heat it up and eat. This has been pretty easy for me in that regard because I have always been into lifting and made most of my meals, eating 5-6x a day.

Regarding the nuts, the main reason I'm staying away from them is because they are a magnet for mold and fungus and being in this condition will only feed the bad guys. I suppose I could eat nuts if I soaked them over night to break down the phytes which make them hard to digest, but I'm not taking any chances. Just back to the mentality that if your going to do something do it 100% strict.

I'm about to hit the 3 month mark, seems like its breezed by. Really really looking forward to re-introducing some carbs within another 4-6 weeks.

PANIC

PANIC

You are so helpful and encouraging!! Thank you for all your insight. I have a question for you though-- how do you know when its safe to start adding carbs?? How do you know when you have effectively "killed" the overgrowth of candida??

You are totally right about the being prepared thing... I find I am eating more, needing to eat more almost, but if I don't keep some nuts or seeds with me my blood sugar drops fast and those are the times I've ended up bingeing.

On a side note, this way of eating isn't a bad way to eat, there are a lot of yummy things to enjoy. I made chicken thighs tonight and had them with veggies, and I love love eating coconut oil because the texture reminds me of chocolate- melts in your mouth. :)

This diet is more challenging for me because I am used to bingeing on carbs... which has never been a good choice as a food source/emotional outlet anyways. Before I went anti candida my choice would be popcorn, because it never broke me out. But I am working on that anyways, so this diet just helps me to realize further the reasons why I am eating and the purpose behind the food.

I have a Dr. appointment coming up--- my MD thinks I am on birth control for acne... I SO want to show up with clear skin and then shock her with the fact that I did NOT go on birth control--- especially since she has told me diet is not related to acne. It so apparently is for me. I know I can do it--- once I start eating anti candida for a few days after a binge I feel almost like I am in a trance or a groove- I kind of like that. Candida killin diet.

Anyways thank you so much for your help, insight and support... :think:

Be well

Jamie

HONEY!!!

Okay, so I have discovered the healing properties of honey. I have used it as a mask a couple times now, first for about twenty minutes, then yesterday while I was sleeping (I slumber during days, work nights *bleh*). This is the first thing I have used on my skin that actually significantly decreased the redness and rosacea look on my cheeks from old acne. I love it!! I applied the honey raw by itself, then added coconut oil on top. I am SO excited, impressed with the results!! :)

It seems that the honey is lessening the severity of the infection, and reading up about it I found that it contains an enzyme, glucose oxidase (which I studied in micro last year, can't believe I remember that)- that, when combined with water, results in a hydrogen peroxide which is an antispetic. It is also a natural moisturizer, called a humecant (love that word) because it attracts moisture. "In treating open wounds, honey is useful as it could help prevent scarring by keeping the skin moist, encourage the growth of new tissues, and allow easy removal of any dressing by preventing dressing from becoming stuck to the skin" (http://www.benefits-of-honey.com/honey-properties.html). It also smells good and tastes good if you get a little on the lips. I have always loved bees (bzzz), so needless to say I am psyched about this! I just need to get some local organic honey as I have read the beneficial properties are much stronger.

Diet has been the same, have follwed it well.... broccoli, cucumber, four fatty chicken legs, a few Trio bars, a LOT less almonds/nuts (I didn't realize that pumpkin seeds were chock full of calories- looked them up, and I am cutting back)... ground turkey, no eggs yesterday kind of odd.

The only annoying thing in my diet the past day was experiementing with sardines, I ate a can and a few hours later had three little whiteheads on my chin-- it's from the salt, I know, I have had this happen from other things before, and I hate it, itchy little bumps. Guess I need to be more careful with canned products.

Other than that, my skin has not broken out anymore since yesterday's response to my lovely weekend binge. My forehead is completely CLEAR which I am loving, and I am feeling freer from the depression side effects of acne because I feel I have tools that can really help now.

God bless to everyone!! And go get some Honey!! :)

Last night/ yesterday has been good for eating. I am cutting way back on nuts and seeds, and need to research soaking almonds before consuming...

My skin is clearing, except for the heinously annoying breakout from the sardines/iodine yesterday. It blows my mind that the sardines made my chin break out like that-- at least four little pimples, one of them pretty big actually, about five hours after consumption. How shocking and annoying!! I was not expecting that. I found an interesting article that stated toxins in the iodine can cause the breakouts... and to be ware of shellfish and sushi. Crappy crapper, I eat sashimi all the time and have never sensed a b/o from it... But all it is is raw salmon. I have eaten quite a bit of salmon in the past, I think these foods are "safe".

So last night I have eaten:

1 head of broccoli

5 eggs (total) with some ground turkey

1 bell pepper

2 trio bars

Coconut oil

All veggies with olive oil

2 baked chicken legs

Yummy, I am starving right now though so am gonna have to figure somethin out to eat. I have been washing with jojoba oil only, this thoroughly removes makeup, and using honey as a mask with coconut oil. I think for a few days I am going to back off from masks and just coat my skin with coconut oil after rinsing before bed.

I met this sweet girl at FM in the wholistic area- yesterday. She works there, and is really into natural medicine. Her acne is very similar to mine. It amazes me how many people seem to have this very same problem related to the very same foods. One thing that she mentioned to me was that people "give themselves food allergies"-- which I completely agree with... eating hostile foods constantly, as we do in our culture, creates a hostile, acidic, inflamed body response. Interesting.

I've realized my entries are very long, blah blah blah. Sorry to anyone who has read them, but so far they have just been great help to me! :)

Takereasy

J

Last night/ yesterday has been good for eating. I am cutting way back on nuts and seeds, and need to research soaking almonds before consuming...

My skin is clearing, except for the heinously annoying breakout from the sardines/iodine yesterday. It blows my mind that the sardines made my chin break out like that-- at least four little pimples, one of them pretty big actually, about five hours after consumption. How shocking and annoying!! I was not expecting that. I found an interesting article that stated toxins in the iodine can cause the breakouts... and to be ware of shellfish and sushi. Crappy crapper, I eat sashimi all the time and have never sensed a b/o from it... But all it is is raw salmon. I have eaten quite a bit of salmon in the past, I think these foods are "safe".

1 head of broccoli

1 bell pepper

2 trio bars

Coconut oil

2 baked chicken legs

Yummy, I am starving right now though so am gonna have to figure somethin out to eat. I have been washing with jojoba oil only, this thoroughly removes makeup, and using honey as a mask with coconut oil. I think for a few days I am going to back off from masks and just coat my skin with coconut oil after rinsing before bed.

I met this sweet girl at FM in the wholistic area- yesterday. She works there, and is really into natural medicine. Her acne is very similar to mine. It amazes me how many people seem to have this very same problem related to the very same foods. One thing that she mentioned to me was that people "give themselves food allergies"-- which I completely agree with... eating hostile foods constantly, as we do in our culture, creates a hostile, acidic, inflamed body response. Interesting.

I've realized my entries are very long, blah blah blah. Sorry to anyone who has read them, but so far they have just been great help to me! :)

Takereasy

J

Hey girl! I hope you have great results with this diet... and your posts are not too long - I enjoyed reading your log thus far... best of luck to you!

That would be awesome if you could clear your skin without birth control and prove your MD wrong! Just keep sticking with this - even though it must be SO hard. As you know from my log, I love sugar/carbs also. I'm not sure if I could have the same strength as you to actually follow a diet like this. I'll definitely be monitoring your progress though - and hoping for wonderful success for you! Good luck! Can't wait to hear some more updates.

Yo Ramiejae:

Trio bars are a big no no!!! These are the likely cause of your break outs. First off they have fruit in them which is another big no-no on the candida diet, especially early on, secondly most of the bars that claim to be low or have no sugar, use sugar alcohols which feed the yeast. Look for things like glycerin, mannitol in the ingredients list.

I know its hard to let go of ALL the food we use to eat, but realize that IS the yeast screaming for food so they can multiply. I can almost 100% GUARANTEE that the sardines did not break you out, the iodine theory in my opinion is false.

Get rid of the bars and those new breakouts will clear up.

PANIC

Yo Ramiejae:

Trio bars are a big no no!!! These are the likely cause of your break outs. First off they have fruit in them which is another big no-no on the candida diet, especially early on, secondly most of the bars that claim to be low or have no sugar, use sugar alcohols which feed the yeast. Look for things like glycerin, mannitol in the ingredients list.

I know its hard to let go of ALL the food we use to eat, but realize that IS the yeast screaming for food so they can multiply. I can almost 100% GUARANTEE that the sardines did not break you out, the iodine theory in my opinion is false.

Get rid of the bars and those new breakouts will clear up.

PANIC

Panic, :)

Augh I can't get rid of my TRIO bars !!! Lol. They are my last thing I actually enjoy eating. Weep weep weep. Sigh. Okay. I'll do it.

BUT I completely disagree with you about the iodine. The sardines DID break me out, on my chin !! Fruit and sugar and carbs NEVER break me out on my chin, and I never break out so suddenly. IT was the sardines. I'll test them sometime in the long long aways future.

Augh WHAT am I going to eat?? Lol. Nuts and trio bars have been a staple in my diet for the last three months. Hmmm.... I guess I'll just have to figure something else out. :)

Thanks for your response!!!

J

Tell me about it I know it SUCKS big time, especially in the beginning.

I remember thinking I may have a candida issue way back in December, then once I read up on it and saw the proposed diet, eliminating basically over half my diet, I thought, "ehh there's got to be an easier way" so I kept eating my refined grains, fruit etc. And I kept breaking out.....

I was using Coconut Flour for a while, and mixing it with some water, eggs and a bit of cinnamon for my "treat" which was a dry pancake... LOL And believe me you really look forward to it when you can't eat anything else like it, but even cut that out because I was told that it was too many carbs in the flour... I don't really by that, its only 10 grams and I eat 15-25g of carbs in some of my meals, although they come from veggies.

Just know that this diet is not forever! And in the grand scheme of things, if you have to spend anywhere from a few months to a few years sacrificing by eating a strict diet to get clear skin and more importantly be healthy.... it is worth it.

With that said, I can't wait until I can eat some of the foods I miss so badly!!! haha

PANIC

Mmm Panic you are so helpful I love it!

I have thought about the coconut flour pancake thingy too, almost bought some flour the other day but daaaang is expensive. I will have to try that!! I can get obsessed wtih eating a certain food and eat it over n over again and have it not bother me so maybe that will be my new yummy.

I just ate some bacon---- do you eat bacon? I'm thinking not. High sodium. MMm so good though. THe only thing I thought I could maybe eat from a company party.

I am going to Finland, Germany, Spain and Ireland in one month!!!!! I really want to be completely clear before I go, or at least significantly. I am going to work so hard at this diet!! :-)

More lata.

Ok so let me just say I am jonesing for some sugar/ carbs BAD. LIke really really bad. I don't if it's cuz I'm really tired or because its been a few days or what. AUUUUUUGHGHHZZZZHGHGH!!

I started eating some chips, and stopped... drank some water instead, ate some nuts... AUGH this is HARD.

oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy. self CONTROL.

1 head of broccoli

1 bell pepper

2 trio bars

Coconut oil

2 baked chicken legs

Takereasy

J

Hey girl! I hope you have great results with this diet... and your posts are not too long - I enjoyed reading your log thus far... best of luck to you!

That would be awesome if you could clear your skin without birth control and prove your MD wrong! Just keep sticking with this - even though it must be SO hard. As you know from my log, I love sugar/carbs also. I'm not sure if I could have the same strength as you to actually follow a diet like this. I'll definitely be monitoring your progress though - and hoping for wonderful success for you! Good luck! Can't wait to hear some more updates.

Thanks girl! The diet isn't easy, but it feels really weird whenever I Start to put something no-no into my mouth that it almost makes it easier/simpler. :-)

My skin looks clearer today that it has in weeks, at least after I put my makeup on, so that should encourage ppl who are trying to work on their diet. And, almost binged on chippies today but Stopped Myself. YAY. Good job me. lol. Self control is all about PRACTICE. (and i hate it, pass me the cake.) ;)

Thanks girl! The diet isn't easy, but it feels really weird whenever I Start to put something no-no into my mouth that it almost makes it easier/simpler. :-)

My skin looks clearer today that it has in weeks, at least after I put my makeup on, so that should encourage ppl who are trying to work on their diet. And, almost binged on chippies today but Stopped Myself. YAY. Good job me. lol. Self control is all about PRACTICE. (and i hate it, pass me the cake.) ;)

Wow - nice job stopping yourself from a chip binge... that's impressive!!!!! Once I get just one bite of something, it's all over! I'm glad to hear your skin is geting clearer - that's awesome!!! Keep it up and good luck!