Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tony

More BP in the tube (Dan...)

Somewhere it says in your instructions for the reg, that you are talking with Nuetrogena about making a bigger tube of BP. How's the progress on that goin along, or is it at all? Just wondering. Be nice if I didn't have to buy a new tube every week.

I think Neutrogena is sort of a lost cause at this point. I've tried contacting them repeatedly and am ignored each time. I've left several voice mails and sent a letter. I have received no response from any of these efforts.

Since I think the small size of the bp tube is a huge problem, I am thinking about making a product myself, and actually have my brother looking into the possibility of producing it and distributing it. It would be a very large 4oz. tube most likely, and would be radically cheaper than you can find otherwise. I'm thinking about ways the sale of such a procuct could help people beyond price. Perhaps part of the proceeds could go to a scholarship fund for people who can not afford the bp, or something like that. Any ideas?

You would need to know a good chemist. Plus you would have to add a order form on your website. You would then have to be concerned with what container or tube you were going to use to put it in. What i recommend doing. Is hooking up with a place or a factory that deals with chemicals and ask them if they would give you backing or convince them that their is market for it. The easier soultion would be if you could buy large amounts of bp 2.5% on wholesale. Maybe where you can buy like 10 galllons of it. I would try to get a hold of a chemical processing plant. Or another company that sells bp products. And ask them how you can go about obtaining bulk levels of BP or what source company they use to get it from. Another idea would be to make a trip to the neturogena's company headquarters and go their in person. With some kind of partition. that people sign so the company can see that their is a market for it. You could also send a registered letter mail to them. So that they will be in a position that they have to sign for it in order to read it. Those are just some ideas. What do you think of those ideas Dan. :D

Guest fatman_uk

How about all proceeds go to makin a big manufacturing factory, then once u've got that, use the rest of the profit for... whatever u like, like the schlorship thing u sed. But if u did that i think some ppl may jus claim poverty for some free BP. JMO.

-Gaz

Dan,

I think it's great that you are thinking about making a product, and I would totally buy it. You might want to contact the folks at www.no_acne.org to find out how they got their start. Their product is only 2% BP, but it has a REALLY harsh exfoliant and some fragrances in it that my skin hated. But their product has worked for lots of other people.

As far as the benefit side of the product goes, maybe some of the profits could go to burn victims? They are often scarred for life by their traumatic injuries, (and we think we have it bad) and skin graft surgery ain't cheap! That's my 2 cents.

Jenny

Good idea about producing a larger sixed BP tube.

Ideas for spending profit??....

How about part funding independent MA or PHD Research projects that look at potential causes of acne. Maybe you could specifiy the scope of study that you would be prepared to suport ...

ie:

- diet

- potential that acne could be auto-immune in nature

- hormonal connections

Afterall I reckon many browsers at this site would likely be prepared to participate with information in some way particularly if they felt it wasn't soley going to benefit some multi-national drug company and induce them to make more money out of us!

I think the problem with asking Neutrogena to make a big container is that they are making so much money off of their small containers. After all, those of us who are devoted to the regimen will probably continue to pay the high prices regardless, and they probably know that.

- Chewy34

I'd pay 30 bucks a month for something 3 times as big, if I had to. :D I don't care about the cost, I hate going and buying one every week.

Guest fatman_uk

That'd be the same as buyin 4 at a time... if u want 4 u might aswell buy em seperate... i mean, if i wanted 3 or 5 i'd be pretty peeved, lol.

-Gaz

how bout an online petition? ive seen countless online petitions pop up all over the net. but the hard part is keeping the petition comments on topic. :D

I'm all about a bigger tube! It would really be helpful, so any way y'all can figure out to do it, GO FOR IT! I was so excited the other day because my bp was actually on sale for $4.74 instead of the usual $7 or how ever much it is. I bought their entire stock! But yeah, if there's another way so that Neutrogena doesn't monopolize this market, it really needs to be done. They need competition... otherwise they'll never lower their prices or make a more economically-sized tube.