Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
farishawk88

Good, less than 20$ moisturizer for oily zit covered skin

im a 22 year old guy, had acne since i was 12. My skin is oily as hell at at any given time i have 5-10 zits, a mixture of whiteheads and pustules, ive only had 3 blackheads in my life.

i take 100mg tetracycline twice daily

MORNING

wash with clearasil soap

wipe face with 2.5% salicylic acid pad

apply Oxy 10% benzoyl peroxide cream all over

AFTERNOON/EVENING

wash with clearasil soap

apply Oxy 10% benzoyl peroxide cream only on zits

BEFORE BED

wash with clearasil soap. If i decide to shave i will wash again with soap after shaving.

apply Queen May's Mint Julep Masque for 15min, wash off

I dont use a moisturizer mainly cus my skin is so oily it never gets dry or flakes but my acne isnt going away and i keep hearing u should so i am asking for help choosing one.

Ive had acne since i hit puberty and ive never used a moisturizer for any length of time and none of really done anything. I want to start again but i can never find a good cheap moisturizer that works well. All "acne/non oily moisturizers" are reviewed as crap or not working or even causing acne and increasing redness by many people. Im going to start putting lemon juice on a cotton ball and dabbing it all over my face as i heard that helps with scars and im also going to start putting vaseline on my acne/red areas before i go to bed as i heard that helps as well.

is there any decent moisturizer out there that is generally accepted to work well? ive looked up almost every one of the moisturizers ppl talk about on this site or my friends use but i check the reviews online and 75%+ of ppl say they are too greasy or caused them to breakout.

How long have you been on your regimen? I'm curious!

CeraVe and Cetaphil may make a product you like.

I know a lot of people recommend putting lemon on your face but just be careful with it. Sometimes it can irritate and dry out your skin since it will alter the PH balance. From my own personal experience, it did nothing for my scars or acne.

im a 22 year old guy, had acne since i was 12. My skin is oily as hell at at any given time i have 5-10 zits, a mixture of whiteheads and pustules, ive only had 3 blackheads in my life.

i take 100mg tetracycline twice daily

MORNING

wash with clearasil soap

AFTERNOON/EVENING

wash with clearasil soap

apply Oxy 10% benzoyl peroxide cream only on zits

BEFORE BED

wash with clearasil soap. If i decide to shave i will wash again with soap after shaving.

apply Queen May's Mint Julep Masque for 15min, wash off

I dont use a moisturizer mainly cus my skin is so oily it never gets dry or flakes but my acne isnt going away and i keep hearing u should so i am asking for help choosing one.

Ive had acne since i hit puberty and ive never used a moisturizer for any length of time and none of really done anything. I want to start again but i can never find a good cheap moisturizer that works well. All "acne/non oily moisturizers" are reviewed as crap or not working or even causing acne and increasing redness by many people. Im going to start putting lemon juice on a cotton ball and dabbing it all over my face as i heard that helps with scars and im also going to start putting vaseline on my acne/red areas before i go to bed as i heard that helps as well.

is there any decent moisturizer out there that is generally accepted to work well? ive looked up almost every one of the moisturizers ppl talk about on this site or my friends use but i check the reviews online and 75%+ of ppl say they are too greasy or caused them to breakout.

Hi, farishawk88,

I am a 37 year old woman who has suffered with f'd up skin since I was 12. I don't know if you've already tried it, but the only moisturizer that I've actually wanted to use is Biore Pore Perfect Shine Control Moisturizer. I actually need to order some now because currently I have nothing to use and my local stores are not carrying this anymore, but I've seen it on line. I haven't looked into how much shipping costs, but the purchase price is pretty reasonable (belive me, I'm on a fixed budget - on un-employment) My skin is very bumpy and red and oily, even at 37 years old. People compliment me and say that I look so young, but I know that it is only because my skin looks like a teenager's bad skin. I would post pictures, but as I'm sure you can understand, I don't very much like to have my picture taken and the few that I feel guilted into, with my young children, I'm caked with makeup (sorry, but the somewhat adantages of being a girl, still look disgusting though). This is the only moisturizer that I've ever used, in my almost 3 decades, that has felt comfortable on my skin and not irritated my acne and acually helped my face seem less greasy for a period of time. Believe, me, for decades, I've been to multiple doctors, from my primary, to assorted dermatoligists, to try and help my bad skin, and I've been told that I have a rare combination of overly oily skin and severly sensitive skin. I've even tried to pay out of pocket for procedures that insurance doesn't cover, like dermabrasion and blue light, and the only help I've found is from an occasional dermabrasion (150+$) and Blue Light

treatment (200+$). I had these procedures, 2 of each, over 4 months, from 11/08 to 03/09,

and was the happiest I've ever been in my adult life, with myself. My skin was clear and not red and not greasy, for those months, but as soon as I didn't go back for more treatments, due to financial reasons, my face got even worse than ever. If I could afford to go back to my local skin care center for more treatments, I would. So, I suggest, if you can afford it, to talk to your dermatolagist about these procedures. I know that when I could get these done, I felt much better about myself. Nobody knows like me, the emotional turmoil that bad skin causes. Of course, everybody's experience is different. I would like to let yo know that my skin is very very very sensitive. I can't even express how sensitive my skin is. And very Zitty and very very oily.

When I first got my dermabrasion and blue light treatment, I thought that I had made a horrible mistake, because I felt like a burn victim. The doctor said it was because of the severity of my sensitive skin and that I just couldn't have the two procedures on the same day ever again. I treated my face with caution and followed their orders and after the healing (a few days), my face seemed even better than before. I have never tried pills, such as Acutane, but I have tried multiple other topicals and alternative methods and I have some of the most sensitive skin around, so if alternative skin treatments are in your price range, then I think you could at least talk to your health care provider about such options. Best of Luck to you. If you hear of anything new; I'm still searching as well. God Bless.

Dude ur over washing your face to the point where ur making your body work in over drive. Thats the reason why ur acne is not clearing up because of you oily skin. Ask yourself these questions. Was my skin oily before I had acne? Is it oilier now than before? Is my families skin oily? Most of the time we over wash our face and our skin produces more oil, hence more acne. Try this. Take a week off all these products. Only wash your face with not to warm water two times a day and use an oil free moisturizer like Cerave. Watch how much your skin oil will decrease.

Why I know this is because I was going through previous photos of my skin, examined my family skin. They have natural combo skin but mine is oily. Then I remembered the day that I started to notice my skin becoming oily. Its because all that stuff im putting on my face. After the week break, try this regimen.

Morning

Wash face with not to warm water.(To get some extra oil out)

Moisturize with Cerave face moisturizer.( apply very little)

Before bed

wash face with Cerava face wash.(very gentle cleanser which moisturizes your skin)

Apply BP(Im not sure why ur taking such a high percent BP, but I would recommend dan's)

Moisturize with cerava face moisturizer

In the middle of the day if your face becomes oily. Run a paper towel cloth under cool water, remove extra water from towel and gentle wip face to remove oil.

For shaving. Ditch soap and such products that dry your skin. Use the Cerava cleanser with jojoba oil to protect your skin when shaving. I would recommend you add this step to your pm regimen.

Hope this helps

yes my skin has been oily my whole life, oilyness doesnt go down cept when i use oxy. also i wear makeup when i go to school, not the drugstore stuff tho only a bit of MAC facepowder, just enough to make the scars look less noticeable.