Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
salbit

Starting on the Regimen

Hi everybody,

Today is my 6th day on the regimen. I have moderate acne (most of the time have 2-3 active pimples that are red and bumpy) and lots of red marks. I used the regimen back in 2007 which I think helped a lot to clear up my skin. Then I stopped it for a few years and last year my acne came back and was worse than ever.

It seems like that after getting onto the regimen, my skin is a lot worse-- i have about 5-6 active red bumps at the moment and they seem to take forever to go down (whereas before they just come and go!). My skin is also irritated, red and flaky. I know that this is what is expected, but I am just wondering if anybody had worsened skin when first starting on the regimen?

Thanks everybody

:angel:

Yep, same thing happened to me. I'm on my 7th day of the regimen and I'm still working through the purging process I guess. It sucks. Good Luck!

Yep, same thing happened to me. I'm on my 7th day of the regimen and I'm still working through the purging process I guess. It sucks. Good Luck!

Yes, good luck to us. Just need to stick with it for a little while and see what happens I guess... :dance:

Today is 8th day on Regimen. It's clearing up.However I have noticed that the previous fresh red marks have become deep purple. My pimples have taken more than a week to heal, this has not happened to me before...

Still lots of flaking, ordered jojoba oil and vegetable glycerin last night...

plz plz regimen plz work for me!!

*fingers crossed*

Yes I will stick with it!

Jojoba oil and glycerin came in today.

New Zealand here sells jojoba oil for $18nz (around $13usd) for 100ml, but for 250ml is only $25. I didn't see that though!!! Should have spent $7 more and get more than double the amount...damn it.

anyway will add that to my moisturiser tonight and see what happens to the flaking...

just used a lot of jojoba oil as makeup remover. works wonderfully! i wear bare minerals, and as time passes by during the day my skin gets very flaky towards the end of the day. i was using neutrogena towels to remove my makeup, but they weren't moist enough so i had to rub really hard to get the makeup off properly... this creates lots of friction that can actually worsen acne. but with jojoba oil, makeup comes off easily and the flakes get rubbed off too!

i highly recommend it as a makeup remover!

Hey, so I have not used the regimen yet and i really want to but i'm scared it's not going to work on me. Proactiv really messed my face and back up after I stopped using it and I don't want that to relive this ugly stage again. I need something to clear me up though..and fast. I like using extra virgin olive oil as makeup remover. It's a lot cheaper and it lasts for a long time. It does not clog pores or anything.

today is 12th day on the regimen. I'm sitll using a small amount in the morning and more during the night. The flaking is much under control and my face is not as red and irritated. However the two cysts on my left cheek are still there....:( i dunno y but after I started using BP the pimples take AGES to go away and the way they go down is really strange...like the skin around it just peels and peels and it goes flatter and flatter VERY VERY slowly....I'm so sick of them urgh!

My wedding is going to be in August. I want perfect skin by then haha even tho it's not gonna be possible....at least I hope I won't have active pimples and less hyperpigmentation!

Has anybody tried using products that help fading the hyperpigmentation while on the regimen? I know it's not recommended but I really really need to fade these red marks before my wedding! So desperate!

today is 12th day on the regimen. I'm sitll using a small amount in the morning and more during the night. The flaking is much under control and my face is not as red and irritated. However the two cysts on my left cheek are still there....:( i dunno y but after I started using BP the pimples take AGES to go away and the way they go down is really strange...like the skin around it just peels and peels and it goes flatter and flatter VERY VERY slowly....I'm so sick of them urgh!

My wedding is going to be in August. I want perfect skin by then haha even tho it's not gonna be possible....at least I hope I won't have active pimples and less hyperpigmentation!

Has anybody tried using products that help fading the hyperpigmentation while on the regimen? I know it's not recommended but I really really need to fade these red marks before my wedding! So desperate!

It does take time. Twelve days is so early in The Regimen, and I know that with your wedding coming up, you've kind of got a "deadline" for when you want to be clear, but keep in mind that this is a process, and that you have to be patient and stick with it, and that following the instructions precisely will give you the best results.

Once you've been on The Regimen for at least a month and your skin has had time to adjust to using the full amount of BP (two pumps, twice a day), you can add in the AHA, if you'd like. The AHA can help sooth and exfoliate your skin, and help fade red marks.

Keep your chin up. I'm sure you'll look amazing at your wedding. ; )

Salbit, you have plenty of time to get beautiful skin. Seriously from all the personal reviews I've read the AHA added in the 2nd month works wonders for the red marks! Be careful though about adding products that do not match teh regimen, like the glycerin for example I'm worried you may prolong the healing process that you will get without the extra (glycerin). I'm excited for you I am also on the regimen the 6th day and I'm so thrilled about it. It WILL work for us =)

I've always been a very skeptical person about everything and I guess that's why I don't really believe in the hype about Proactiv. However I've tried Acne.org's regimen 3 years ago and I have to admit it worked while I was using it (pimples do come back if you stop though). My fiancee has been really supportive and he said my skin is getting much better although I can't really see that myself lol I hope he was giving an honest opinion...

Yes, I know 12th day is still quite early, I just gotta be a bit more patient :) These days have been very stressful and I do hope my skin will look good on my wedding day!!

I'm using more BP during the night than in the morning, as BP is still making me flake but not as bad and my face does not hurt anymore.

I do hope AHA will be helpful as I've read so many positive reviews on it how it makes skin super smooth! Can't wait to try and can't wait to get clear skin!

Salbit, you have plenty of time to get beautiful skin. Seriously from all the personal reviews I've read the AHA added in the 2nd month works wonders for the red marks! Be careful though about adding products that do not match teh regimen, like the glycerin for example I'm worried you may prolong the healing process that you will get without the extra (glycerin). I'm excited for you I am also on the regimen the 6th day and I'm so thrilled about it. It WILL work for us =)

Thanks! I know it's still an early stage and I just can't wait until I see the results! I haven't added the glycerin yet because jojoba oil is doing a wonderful job. I might leave it for later.

Thanks for your encouragement and I also wish you the best with regimen! Good luck!

Now into 3rd week of the regimen.

I had a HUGE breakout :( after the huge two cysts on my left cheek finally toned down, my right cheek started breaking out with lots of red papules like 5-6 in the same area really close together!!! And I have another 3 on my forehead.

And I think I accidently got some BP around my eye area and I have these tiny red spots under my eyes too. :(

I seriously wanted to quit this regimen. Now in week 3 I don't see much improvement. When I wasn't on this regimen I'd never break out this bad. I really do feel like quitting but my fiancee keeps saying I should stick with it for longer.......

In the past few weeks I've been quite clear and quite happy about the results. However, I'm having breakouts on my right cheek again :(! Haven't used any new products...can't really figure out why! Hope they'll go away soon!!!

Is it really bad to start out with good amount of Bp

If the side effects aren't to bad? Wont my skin just get used

To it? I started out with almost the full amount and am 8 days in

Should I go back to square one and use less?

hello. I am also in regimen. My 16th day to be exact. my first week was awful because of redness of my face,irritated and itchy but I saw a bit improvement. Week 2 was BRUTAL!! I looked like a walking human with tomato head, lol. my face was redder than the 1st week, so flaky and dry. still irritated and itchy. my old acne flatten and reduced in size but i had terrible breakouts especially in my chin, arghh! 20 new pimples plus white pus. duh. I felt devastated but i have hope in me that I should continue,It's to be expected anyway. Im in purging process. Today my week 3 day 2. my face is now less red,less itchy and less irritated. I still had breakouts but down to 10 maybe because I had menstruation right now, but I see improvements now, my family members noticed it too. :surprised:

uhm.. patient is definitely a must!! some clear for weeks, some for months. people have different type of skin. We have to stick to the regimen and dont give up. This will work on us. have faith fellas!

follow the regimen religiously,touching your face should be avoided and as much as possible dont use make up until your clear. (if you can?) lol.

GOODLUCK! :wub: