Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meowmeowbark

what should i do about my whiteheads???

i was searching up pictures of whiteheads on the internet and i found one that looks exactly like my skin right now:

http://www.acne101.co.uk/images/1823_f2.jpg

that picture basically describes how my skin always is.

how can i make these whiteheads go away and never come back?? :(

benzoyl peroxide doesn't seem to be working much. and i use it morning and night xP

i have been for the past 3 months along with a gentle cleanser & jojoba oil to moisturize.

before i started using BP i had even more whiteheads though, but i still have ALOT on my face that aren't going away.

i just recently started using Dan's AHA a few days ago and at first i thought it was helping but it turns out i was just looking at my skin in good lighting when i thought it was working. truthfully, it doesn't seem to be helping, either :/

what should i do? :(

Edited by meowmeowbark

Stop using benzoyl peroxide. You might be allergic. I know I am because I get more pimples. Asl your dr. to prescribe tretnoin which is the generic of retin A...it dries ur skin and peels the 3day. I use it and i love it. except for the peeling part. I always manage it...people don't even notice anything. bottom line, tretnoin renews the skin by cell turnover. try it.

Stop using benzoyl peroxide. You might be allergic. I know I am because I get more pimples. Asl your dr. to prescribe tretnoin which is the generic of retin A...it dries ur skin and peels the 3day. I use it and i love it. except for the peeling part. I always manage it...people don't even notice anything. bottom line, tretnoin renews the skin by cell turnover. try it.

every time i stop using BP, i get more acne.

so it is helping a little bit, just not that much. it is the only thing i have found that kind of works on my skin.

i have been using bp at night time for as long as i can remember because it slightly works.

just 3 months ago i started using it morning and night & it helped more. my whiteheads are still horrible, but not as horrible.

i don't think i'm allergic to it.

i do have an appointment with my derm in 2 days so i will ask about the tretnonin.

do you think that stuff would be okay for a person like me with sensitive skin?

Edited by meowmeowbark