Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well after 3 years of trying to nail down why my skin is the way it is, I guess I'm finally reaching out to others for opinions and recommendations. I developed acne relatively late in life, around the age of 18, near the end of my senior year in high school. To my knowledge, my skin has always been somewhat oily and never really a "normal" skin type. I've tried numerous products, much like everyone else here on the boards. None have brought me back to 100% clarity but I've been decently clear a few times in the past years.

But I guess my problems/questions with my skin is this:

My skin is oily, I've accepted that. But I sweat very easily and my job has me out in the sun for up to 7 hours a day. So not only am I getting massive amounts of sunlight but I'm almost always sweating this entire time. Could this be a problem?

To my knowledge, the clearest my skin has been is when I've exfoliated daily. Either it being from

a facial scrub or a washcloth. When I don't, I develop lots of blackheads and whiteheads. But everywhere I've read has said that doing this only makes it worse. What does this mean?

I rarely ever get body acne. Maybe a small whitehead once every 3-4 months. But they clear up on their own in literally a day. And I used to have spots on my neck but now that I've been using bar soap for my body on them, they disappeared, quickly. Is the skin from my face that much different from my neck and body skin?

And lastly, I've tried the no product thing for the past 4 weeks to see if I could get clear from not causing any irritation, but it hasn't worked. Does this mean my acne is hormonal? I'm 21 years old.

I forgot to mention that I'm very active. I run and bike at least 4-5 miles a day and hit the gym at least 5 days a week. And I drink enough water for a swimming pool. I've been told I have a very attractive body which makes me focus on my face even more because it seems like it's the only problem I have with the way I look.

I have your answer my oily skinned friend. Read my post on solution for adult oily skin acne in the adult acne section. It worked for me.