Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sadd13

bactrim question?

hello all, i've just started on bactrim DS this week, i became resistant to mino after 6 months of using it, and i requested this to my doctor as the next step in my acne treatment, problem is it only comes in a 10 pack and only 1 dose (the 160/800 one) my doctor said it would be too strong to take but i insisted as i've heard many good stories on it, even when i was getting the medication all the pharmacists was saying it was rare for people to be using bactrim for acne, i live in Australia so maybe thats the reason not many doctors/pharmacists have picked up on the bactrim, i wanted to know how many times a day i should be taking this and what time of the day, i rekon it would be better during the day but then it's photosensity so not sure, any help greatly appreciated :)

hello all, i've just started on bactrim DS this week, i became resistant to mino after 6 months of using it, and i requested this to my doctor as the next step in my acne treatment, problem is it only comes in a 10 pack and only 1 dose (the 160/800 one) my doctor said it would be too strong to take but i insisted as i've heard many good stories on it, even when i was getting the medication all the pharmacists was saying it was rare for people to be using bactrim for acne, i live in Australia so maybe thats the reason not many doctors/pharmacists have picked up on the bactrim, i wanted to know how many times a day i should be taking this and what time of the day, i rekon it would be better during the day but then it's photosensity so not sure, any help greatly appreciated :)

hey man I gotta check up on you too! Since we've started within a few weeks we should keep track of eachother =D

yeah not sure if you read all my posts, but I just a had a sports physical last week and I asked my GP about Bactrim, and she said its not usually recommended for treatment of acne, but is usually stronger and more effective for some than the -cycline family. my dermatologist said I can take Bactrim whenever I want during the day, just be consistent with it. She also said I don't need to take it around meals or anything.

It's been a while since I took bactrum, I don't remember the dosage but I do remember it was a prescription for 3 months at 1 pill a day. Zh17 I would call up the derms office to see how much he wants you to take and like sadd said be consistent. Good Luck I have really good results with Bactrum! Keep us up dated..