Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

Ok i have rad marks on my cheeks and my neck. Like everyone elses they look worse in sunlight. I also have 3 hypertrophic scars on my left jaw one of which is pretty big and sticks out. On my neck under my right jaw there is a bit of discolouration as well.

Now i had acne in these places but i also shave most of them too and was wondering if shaving may have been the main cause or if it will stop them from healing. I use an electric shaver and for some reason i think that might be worse than a manuel razor just because of the contant/ quick motions across the skin. Im now almost 19 and have been shaving since i was like 15 and always used an electric shaver. Whenever i shave my, neck gets kinda inflamed which is annoying and the skin is pretty sensitive which makes it a bitch to clean or put sunscreen on.

I was not always that cautious when i started shaving (it was before i had ever had acne) so i wonder if this has done serious damage to my skin causing it to be prone to red marks and just sensitive all together.

What do you guys think?

Guest frogskinshoelace
Posted

Regular razor blades always seemed to make my skin worse than my electric one. I guess everyones skin is different.