Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Poivonie

Dry, flaky and non-absorbant. :|

So here's the deal, my skin is usually always dry. No matter how much moisturizer I put on. The thing is, my skin doesn't ABSORB the moisturizer, and I've tried dozens. The moisturizer just sits there, makes my skin look oily yet when I go close I can see it's still dry and flaky. :/ I have tried putting on only a little bit of moisturizer, but that doesn't fix the dryness.

How do I get rid of flaky skin without using something abrasive to "scrub" it off? I hate how dead skin just sits on my face. You know? :( Feels like I'm just hydrating dead skin on the surface, yet at the same time it never fully absorbs.

If you don't want to use a manual scrub, you could use a chemical exfoliant- AHA, BHA, retinol, sulfur. Why don;t you want to use a manual exfoliant?

If you don't want to use a manual scrub, you could use a chemical exfoliant- AHA, BHA, retinol, sulfur. Why don;t you want to use a manual exfoliant?

I just feel like that irritates my skin. .-. It hurts and my skin becomes red when I "exfoliate" it.

PETROLEUM JELLY! See my post :) It will allow dead skin to come off as well. I have tried it a few times... scabs and dry skin loosen up a lot.

Edited by bek_cogent

Have you tried mixing in some jojoba oil with your moisturizer? Also, as mentioned before, you could use a mild AHA moisturizer, maybe Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face lotion line (Sensitive Skin, Night Time, and Spf formulas), to help remove the dead skin cells.

what are you currently using on your skin?

Moisturizer and a cream cleanser at night.

That's it.

The cream cleanser actually moisturizes my skin a bit, which I like. But when I put on my regular moisturizer it just doesn't absorb. :| Before I washed with a moisturizer I just washed my face with water, and my skin still didn't absorb moisturizers. I also tried oils to moisturize, but no luck. Tried pharmacy brand moisturizers, no luck.

Basically when I put on moisturizer, there's sticky residue. I've tried a lot of moisturizers, including a lot of nivea brands.

Edited by Poivonie