Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joeyci91

Why it's not possible for me to change..

Well you really have bad habits. But you know how life is, nothing is for free, is like a "quid pro quo". Anyway, I drink alcohol different than beer and do not affect me much. Avoid drastic temperature changes in your face .. for instance too hot (add to that you are drinking). The food, you need to avoid fries stuff.

But, that depends on you.

Edited by Corsair

Hi guys. My lifestyle is kinda complicated. I'm on the road a lot and in many different places. I also have a drug habit. Nothing too crazy.. but it's just a part of my life. I wake up and smoke, weed and cigs. that's just how it is, and it won't change. I've been to rehab and it just doesn't change, because I don't want it too. I also eat garbage. For example, I just ate 4 uncrustables, and last night a bunch of easy mac. The only thing I drink is water. I take lots of vitamins. I'm not really too hot on the idea of taking antibiotics or other prescription drugs, but I have a derm appt. next month and if nothing gets better I might try it. But I really need some help. My acne ruins my confidence a lot. I met an awesome girl last night and I won't call her today because of my face.

What I'm trying to ask is.. Has anybody found a system wherein they can kinda eat whatever and smoke ciggarettes and drink occasionaly, and still keep the acne under control? Cause like I said.. it's just not realistic for me to change my entire diet, let alone my lifestlye. I'm thinking, maybe through the combination of proper supplementation, eating healthy when possible, and sticking to the regimen, would it be possible to still get clear?

you'll get clearer if you eat healthier of course you will, not sure about supplementation cos that hasn't worked for me.

it's not that it's not realistic for you to change your diet, you just don't want to - like you said

you can't expect to keep doing what you're doing and get different results - that would be madness

there are small changes you can make that will make a difference, build your self-esteem and so propel you to further disciplines, that's how it works. small steps practiced daily

as for the girl - i get it, i SOOOO get it but you know it's stupid. when you're on your death bed you'll think you were a total idiot for not calling her. call her, what's the worst that can happen? whatever it is you can deal with it. don't miss out - besides, you're gonna be clear soon right?

Is it possible to get clear and STAY clear like that? Highly doubtful.

There's is absolutely nothing unrealistic about changing your diet and lifestyle - which is a pretty pathetic way of living and eating.

You either want to destroy your body or you want clear skin. You aren't lucky enough to have both options at hand. If you aren't even willing to TRY to stop polluting yourself then you should probably stop complaining. That's like an obese person who complains about not being able to lose weight, yet never exercises, doesn't attempt to fix dietary habits and keeps popping miracle weight loss pills. If you're not going to do anything to remedy your situation, then don't complain about it.

I have absolutely no sympathy for people who are too lazy to even try.

Hi guys. My lifestyle is kinda complicated. I'm on the road a lot and in many different places. I also have a drug habit. Nothing too crazy.. but it's just a part of my life. I wake up and smoke, weed and cigs. that's just how it is, and it won't change. I've been to rehab and it just doesn't change, because I don't want it too. I also eat garbage. For example, I just ate 4 uncrustables, and last night a bunch of easy mac. The only thing I drink is water. I take lots of vitamins. I'm not really too hot on the idea of taking antibiotics or other prescription drugs, but I have a derm appt. next month and if nothing gets better I might try it. But I really need some help. My acne ruins my confidence a lot. I met an awesome girl last night and I won't call her today because of my face.

What I'm trying to ask is.. Has anybody found a system wherein they can kinda eat whatever and smoke ciggarettes and drink occasionaly, and still keep the acne under control? Cause like I said.. it's just not realistic for me to change my entire diet, let alone my lifestlye. I'm thinking, maybe through the combination of proper supplementation, eating healthy when possible, and sticking to the regimen, would it be possible to still get clear?

have you given the regimen a try?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? It's not POSSIBLE?? Do you know how much stuff I have had to give up in order to keep my skin under control?? I stopped drinking, I quit dairy, pop, coffee, refined sugar, and quit EVERY BAD FOOD THERE IS OUT THERE. I have not had ice cream in YEARS... I have not even ALLOWED myself to even look at a piece of pizza. Pretty much everyone on the Nutrition and holistic health forum who has gotten clear has had to completely change their eating habits. It's NOT an easy thing to do. In your case the only quick fix you are going to get if you are going to continue polluting your body, is accutane or some sort of topical solution.

Even just quitting smoking and the drugs will probably get you half way there! Nothing is impossible if you believe you can do it.... you just aren't willing to though. And I dont think anyone here can help you if you are not willing to help yourself first.

Sorry to be so harsh :(.... I'm not usually like this I swear haha. I wish you good luck with your skin! I hope you change your mind!

accutane will clear you and you can eat what you want. But it's an intense drug. I took it and the acne may or may not come back, but it comes back way better than before if it does at all. And you went to rehab for weed? Rehab is for addictive drugs. And weed is not addictive. I smoked weed for like 3 years a couple times a day. Had a med card and what not. I stopped though to get clear. I stopped cold turkey and same with all my homies also. If you wanta quit, just quit. The only thing that gets hard if you're smoking bud daily is having to deal with stress straight up, but other than that it'll help your face bro. And eating healthier is not that bad. Just switch from healthy to unhealthy slowly. Such as, subsituting unscrustables to a turkey sandwich with ezekiel bread. eat them leafy greens. Even if you don't like salad, just throw some lemon or vinagrette on it. Start buying the meats that you usually eat as antibiotic/hormone free meats. Make some dank omelettes for breakfast. Nobody doesn't like an omelette. Throw some onions, parsley, peppers on that bitch. Ends up being mad healthy. What i am saying is it's not that hard to transition to healthy. Don't try to switch over to some crazy diet that restricts all foods, just gradually make healthier choices.

It sounds like you have more serious problems than acne. You said it yourself - You dont want to change. How can you expect to accomplish anything without making sacrifices?! And if a girl really shows interest in you then you should take it! I have never personally met a girl who is attracted to guys with acne and addicted on drugs...

Guest DireStraits
accutane will clear you and you can eat what you want.

I really hope you're right about this, although now im able to eat foods i've had to restrict myself for so long to i am still breaking out from sugar. I have no problems cutting out sugar but what happens when im at a party?

I can't drink obviously while on the drug so the next option is a soft drink, which breaks me out.

accutane will clear you and you can eat what you want.

I really hope you're right about this, although now im able to eat foods i've had to restrict myself for so long to i am still breaking out from sugar. I have no problems cutting out sugar but what happens when im at a party?

I can't drink obviously while on the drug so the next option is a soft drink, which breaks me out.

Water, tea are decent options even at a party. The host/hostess won't mind at all giving you a glass of water or perhaps even making you a pot of tea. If you're talking about college parties, finding a clean glass MIGHT be the problem. ;)

I'm in the same boat as you bud, changing your diet IS hard! Although it comes to a point where you need to decide if you can accept your acne and keep eating how you want or make some healthier food choices in return for a clearer face. If you haven't tried many topicals yet, maybe you should start. Putting tons of BP on your face helps alot of people.

Bro I smoked bud and drank a lot on accutane and nothing bad ever happened. All of my blood tests were perfect. I also ate anything I wanted. I loved being on accutane, but it taxes your liver, which is probably why you don't want to drink on it, but i still did and nothing bad happened. I got clear for a year and was using retin-a the entire time after. Make sure your doc gives u some retin-a after the treatment. Then I made the mistake of stopping the retin-a and some acne came back. Not as bad as before but enough to make me go on a crazy candida diet and totally making it worse. Since I started eating healthier my acne went worse, but I am not going to stop eating healthy because it makes my acne worse. It gets to a point when you've been eating such healthy food that you don't even want to try unhealthy things cause it makes you feel like shit.

You need to make a decision.

Do i continue to abuse my body and enjoy temporary pleasures which will ultimately leave me alone and unhealthy or do i MAN UP and do what has to be done to be happy?

Its up to you.

Just a hint though, if you choose the later option. It doesn't involve any "regimen" or supplements, a good diet and balanced lifestyle will do more for you than any supplement or cream ever could.

Edited by ballsoftitanium

Although this morning I did have celery sticks and carrots for breakfast, I just do not seem to be able to totally change. It's a lot to do with there being SO many different aspects and possible causes of acne

Yeah, but the same diet of moderate to low GL nutrient dense, anti-inflammatory diet addresses most of them. Click here for lists of factors in acne and what to do about them. Note how inter-related they are.

And if you want to find habits you can stick to, you probably need to find something besides celery and carrots for breakfast. There's plenty of good ideas on what to eat here:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Food-and-...ce-t205099.html

Op sounds very switched on. I understand his situation. I can't quit caffeine.

My advice would just be to up the soluble fiber and lose the fish oil. Avoid dairy and just see where that takes you as a first step to recovery.

When i was in my teens a continously used to drinkup thurs fri sat + my diet consisted of mac's, kebabs, all JUNK. My skin was yukkk breaking out everday, oily..came to a point were i made excuses not to go out with friends..sad i know.. I went to the derm and have tried all diff types of antibiotics + creams prescribed for me..it helped..soon as i stopped the ACNE would return. I adopted a healthy lifestyle. I did it gradually, for e.g eating clean most days lean meats plent of greens drinking nothing but water. Occasionally visit the junk food outlets...stayed away from high GI foods..it was very difficult for me at first..once you see your skin improving..you feel more confident and have more energy from the great food your eating. Once you start seeing great results you will stop coming on this site:P and enjoy what life has to offer..girls, career choice, playing sport, keeping fit,. All the best buddy:)

Edited by simono

Everyone, thanks so much for the input and help. Those of you who said I'm being lazy and I think someone said "spineless" are 100% right. Although this morning I did have celery sticks and carrots for breakfast, I just do not seem to be able to totally change. It's a lot to do with there being SO many different aspects and possible causes of acne that I just want to say "screw it" and hope for the best. the regimen I use is the OTC versions Dan recomends if you can't buy his products right away. I do stick to that very strictly. I also take a efw different supps: herpanacine, MSM, a B compound, d3, and fish oil. I'm making an effort to quit cigs, but I only smoke like 5 a day. The weed is gonna be hard to stop, and so is drinking and the occasional other drugs like psychedellics, zanax, opiates, and stuff. I guess I just want to find a quick fix but I'm realizing that it's impossible.. Thanks again for all the advice, and the reality check for those of you who kept it real.

Haha. I like how everyone is being so extremely nice with you on here. ;) Tough love man.

I just want to encourage you by saying that even thinking about changing is a step in the right direction. Everything starts in the brain. You don't think you can do it now, but just start thinking positively and you wuold be amazed at the changes you can make.

I too need to quit smoking (not weed, bleh). I have struggled with food issues for a long long time. I used to believe I would never beat a severe eating disorder. It took a long time to believe that I could. But, it allll starts in your mind. Tell yourself you can, forgive yourself when you don't, and always try again.

You've got worse problems building than just acne. Acne is a sign that the body is in very bad shape. I don't want to scare you, but this is the truth. Be happy no matter what you do with your life, but acne is a symptom, and you can't easily fix it until you find the source of the problems going on in your body.

Start here. If you didn't have any acne at all, what problems do you experience with your body? Perhaps digestive?

To become healthy, you need to learn what is healthy. For you. Everyone is in a slightly different situation which affects symptoms like acne very sensitively. Some people will find everything effects their skin differently.

The diet really has to change. You need to improve your digestion so that your immune system has a chance. If you notice a certain food that aggravates your acne (which is most likely a food sensitivity), cut that out completely. Learn about food combining. Some foods were not meant to be combined, as you can not digest a lot of them at the same time.

Acne is not your problem. I wish you the best.

Edited by Mr. Crab

This post is over a month old, first of all. And you'll all be glad to know that the OP has changed his diet and lifestyle. He PMs me from time to time with questions.