Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It's been a month now on 100% raw vegan (off and on for 6 months)..and it couldn't be better!

I'm looking in the mirror right now and I'm 90% clear. However, all these red spots make it look like i have a tonn of acne lol. I'm not upset about it though I'm really happy. You know why?

Because being raw makes you feel so happy. Like you wake up high every morning. My mom told me it's because fruit is the only thing that builds seraton in your brain or something like that, i dont really remember!

I use lemon juice on my face evrytime im in the shower and it does lighten my skin day by day. You may be thinking "lemons? No way is that gonna work!" lol but, it actually does ; )

I also use MSM lotion on my scars and MSM is an organic sulfer which is the reason we scar in the first place!! I didn't know that until i did a ton of research (thanks to the internet!). I found out that the reason we scar is because of a lack of MSM in our bodies.

Once you take MSM internally or externally, your skin will repair the scar. I even heard of people taking LARGE doses of MSM to get rid of raised scars, but I'm just talking about acne scars.

I'm glad I'm a girl and can wear makeup to hide all my red spots! Since I barely have acne. When I had acne, I didn't bother to wear foundation because you could just never hide it no matter what you do.

YAY FOR RAW! and LIVE FOOD <3

It's been a month now on 100% raw vegan (off and on for 6 months)..and it couldn't be better!

I'm looking in the mirror right now and I'm 90% clear. However, all these red spots make it look like i have a tonn of acne lol. I'm not upset about it though I'm really happy. You know why?

Because being raw makes you feel so happy. Like you wake up high every morning. My mom told me it's because fruit is the only thing that builds seraton in your brain or something like that, i dont really remember!

I use lemon juice on my face evrytime im in the shower and it does lighten my skin day by day. You may be thinking "lemons? No way is that gonna work!" lol but, it actually does ; )

I also use MSM lotion on my scars and MSM is an organic sulfer which is the reason we scar in the first place!! I didn't know that until i did a ton of research (thanks to the internet!). I found out that the reason we scar is because of a lack of MSM in our bodies.

Once you take MSM internally or externally, your skin will repair the scar. I even heard of people taking LARGE doses of MSM to get rid of raised scars, but I'm just talking about acne scars.

I'm glad I'm a girl and can wear makeup to hide all my red spots! Since I barely have acne. When I had acne, I didn't bother to wear foundation because you could just never hide it no matter what you do.

raw food rocks. the only thing to be mindful of is high sugar+high fat = disaster

raw food rocks. the only thing to be mindful of is high sugar+high fat = disaster

Says who?

I've had days where I ate tons of bananas, strawberries, avocados, salmon and olive oil which is plenty sugar laden and plenty fatty. I had zero adverse affects...

wow, I've really not heard of that, Yeah I love Lemon and ACV toners they work Brill!

But MSM? that's new to me, I might give it a try =) thanks for posting this

you're very positive it seems, So where can you purchase MSM Sulphur?

Otc? or is it restricted to Online only?

Happy that you're doing good! it's great to see others have successes, All I have left to rid now is Scarring / lesions

This might just be the 'miracle' i've been seeking. heck I've got nothing to lose I guess.

I've tried AHA Glycolic Acid, Vit E, Bio Oil and Jojoba atopically for scars and am taking Hydrolysed Collagen and Vitamin E internally.

so I might as well give it a shot. :think:

= )

Happy Skin Healing to you! ;)

JJ: you should try it! You can also google "scars vanished!" and there is a thread of people who used msm and their scars went away.

Raw food is amazing as well, it just makes you positive about everything!

Sahartar: your completely right about that. White sugar is the worst. But, I can eat as much raw honey as I want and never breakout bc it's raw! Lol I actually finish the whole jar in about a week it's so good.

You can get MSM from a health food store, you can take it internally as a powder or externally as a lotion. I got my lotion from sunfood.com and they sent me free raw chocolate!

MSM is just great. Along time ago I used bio oil and all kinds of creams but, now I stick with natural remidies. It even keeps your skin elastic so it prevents wrinkles which is always good. And on top of that, raw food can stop the aging process. This guy who is like 40 gets mistaken for a teenager lol, he's raw and it showss!

Now that I've been raw for over a month, my taste buds have changed. I only desire fruits and veggies raw...and my skin is removing breakouts day by day until it's all gone I'm 95% clear : )

My scarring is also getting less noticable.

Also, if your someone reading this who has pitted scars; I feel for you; MSM helps it a lot; I've seen it happen to someone.

JJ: you should try it! You can also google "scars vanished!" and there is a thread of people who used msm and their scars went away.

Raw food is amazing as well, it just makes you positive about everything!

You can get MSM from a health food store, you can take it internally as a powder or externally as a lotion. I got my lotion from sunfood.com and they sent me free raw chocolate!

MSM is just great. Along time ago I used bio oil and all kinds of creams but, now I stick with natural remidies. It even keeps your skin elastic so it prevents wrinkles which is always good. And on top of that, raw food can stop the aging process. This guy who is like 40 gets mistaken for a teenager lol, he's raw and it showss!

Now that I've been raw for over a month, my taste buds have changed. I only desire fruits and veggies raw...and my skin is removing breakouts day by day until it's all gone I'm 95% clear : )

My scarring is also getting less noticable.

Also, if your someone reading this who has pitted scars; I feel for you; MSM helps it a lot; I've seen it happen to someone.

Thanks So much! because of You, I went out and bought some yesterday at my local Holland and Barretts. i'm also Ordering the Powder along with the Oil

I found something truly interesting

"Oil Pulling" it seems many have had great successes using this method.

I'll update you on my progress as time goes by!

Again thank you, I nearly gave up and began to accept Living with scarring to be a Permanent devestation with no cure.

You have given me hope, and I'm sure others who, when they take the plunge will agree so too.

I can't wait to see the changes, and finally feel great about my Skin again

Have a Beautiful day!

without knowing it, you've cheered me up

= )

Edited by Durbaniter~Zitigated

i think ima give this a try, i looked on google and found a couple but i was wondering if you could give me a list of some of the best foods/fruits to eat. and i drink plenty of water and wanted to know if i should start drinking prune juice?

I love threads like these, it always helps me get going again, I want to be on this diet, it's just hard!

P.S - MSM isn't always great for everybody...you can search numerous posts on here (including mine) of people being confident that MSM broke them out even worse.

Hey thats awesome! I am not 100% raw or even close but I am working on incorporating more raw foods into my diet.. could you tell us some of your favorite raw meals and snacks please?

Also wondering.. is the MSM good for hyperpigmentation? I know sometimes the words scars and hyperpigmentation get thrown around interchangeably, but I have ONLY PIH and not any indented or raised scars... is the MSM helpful for that?

Edited by tree23

Says who?

I've had days where I ate tons of bananas, strawberries, avocados, salmon and olive oil which is plenty sugar laden and plenty fatty. I had zero adverse affects...

says me - i've been raw a few years and other acne prone people say the same, high sugar fruits, sometimes don't even need to be that high plus high fats - avos and nuts = disaster

fat and sugar in raw food diet can create candida imbalance

goneraw.com is great for free recipes

MSM is good - i rub it in to my cleanser and face masks

greens are what will help most - juices and smoothies, again, watch the fat+sugar

well whatever you're doing it looks like it works for you ;)

i've heard about MSM and almost bought some but i have tried virtually every supplement with no change whatsoever. they had some MSM in capsule form at my grocery store on sale but i passed it up. i think the powder form would be best, any certain brands i should look for ? vitacost has 1 lb trimedica pure MSM powder for $21.84

sure could use it for scars since i have a lot of them :(

JJ: Wow I'm so happy for you!

I have also heard of oil pulling and how rapidly it pulls out toxins. I've done it before and it creates a lot of mucus in your throat that you have to spit out but, this just means it's getting rid of toxins.

It's funny because I just bought cold pressed coconut oil yesterday to keep up with oil pulling! It's hard to keep up with everyday but, I know if I do, the faster my acne scars are going away.

This morning I woke up and looked in the mirror and noticed how my acne scars are getting lighter! They used to be so noticable now they are fading.

I'm continuing to be a raw vegan, I've been applying MSM lotion everyday, I'm washing my face with only lemons...and that's all I've been doing!

Now I'm going to do oil pulling so my scars can go away much faster!

Black13: I think the average prune juice they sell in stores does nothing for you. Since it's pasturized. The best fruits and veggies to eat are raw.. the food rich in color have lots of antioxidents like blueberries, blackberries, red cherries. But, as long as you eat lots of raw fruits and veggies as much as you can, it's the best for your acne and scars.

Jay326: Maybe it's a detox breakout! Which is actually good, your suppost to have breakoouts when you eliminate toxins actually, since your skin is eliminating the waste.

Tree23: Ofcourse! My scars were hyperpigmentation scars like all over my face and it worked for me.

Don't watch me: I suggest you get the powder form and make sure it's natural. I heard david wolfe has the best quality at sunfood.com. That's where I bought my lotion...and I'm going to get my powder from there once I get money! :)

OMG I'm sooo friggn happy...The acne scars on my back and shoulders are barely visible!! I highly suggest anyone who has scarring read what I do! Now I can finally wear a tube top dress and show my shoulders. I just noticed this morning lol

Life is so amazing! :)

Says who?

says me - i've been raw a few years and other acne prone people say the same, high sugar fruits, sometimes don't even need to be that high plus high fats - avos and nuts = disaster

And what makes you an authority?

Your personal experience does not equate a fact. And if my personal experience is the complete opposite of yours and I know acne prone people who aren't affected by sugary fruits and/or fats then that would suggest your statement is not a fact. Why?

Because it's a personal experience. It will vary from person to person.

OMG I'm sooo friggn happy...The acne scars on my back and shoulders are barely visible!! I highly suggest anyone who has scarring read what I do! Now I can finally wear a tube top dress and show my shoulders. I just noticed this morning lol

Life is so amazing! :)

Yep. When you take proper care of your body (and mind), life can be amazing because you'll look and feel that way!

Says who?

Your personal experience does not equate a fact. And if my personal experience is the complete opposite of yours and I know acne prone people who aren't affected by sugary fruits and/or fats then that would suggest your statement is not a fact. Why?

Actually there is a belief that fat increases insulin resistance, as well as a decent amount of scientific research to back this up. There is really no need to be so confrontational.

Says who?

Actually there is a belief that fat increases insulin resistance, as well as a decent amount of scientific research to back this up. There is really no need to be so confrontational.

I'm well aware of this belief. There's also significant research that high carb and high glycemic load foods are the cause of this.

I will always challenge things that don't seem quite right until otherwise can be proven. I won't apologize for that.

Says who?

I'm well aware of this belief. There's also significant research that high carb and high glycemic load foods are the cause of this.

I will always challenge things that don't seem quite right until otherwise can be proven. I won't apologize for that.

calm down dear.

i'm not just going on my experience here and trust me i have been round the block for 3 years on a raw diet trying EVERY possible way to clear my skin. however don't just take my word for it browse the following website forums

www.giveittomeraw.com - mixed raw diets

www.goneraw.com - mixed raw diets

30bananas a day - high fruit low fat

high on health blog

raw radiant health blog

http://www.rawradianthealth.com/blog/2010/...no-fruit-ep250/

and any other forum you care to mention - people with acne issues (not caused by dairy or some kind of intolerance) do NOT tend to find the answer just by going raw if they fuck about with sugar and fat. high sugar and high fat combined will equate disaster for your skin

i'm not saying it's a fact - just my experience and what I have read and seen from plenty others

as far as raw goes for me - minimal sugar has super cleared my skin. fruit and fat - not worth talking about - high fruit sugar/low fat was fucking awful and i have pics i can show you

peace x

Edited by suma

Says who?

calm down dear.

i'm not just going on my experience here and trust me i have been round the block for 3 years on a raw diet trying EVERY possible way to clear my skin. however don't just take my word for it browse the following website forums

www.giveittomeraw.com - mixed raw diets

www.goneraw.com - mixed raw diets

30bananas a day - high fruit low fat

high on health blog

raw radiant health blog

http://www.rawradianthealth.com/blog/2010/...no-fruit-ep250/

and any other forum you care to mention - people with acne issues (not caused by dairy or some kind of intolerance) do NOT tend to find the answer just by going raw if they fuck about with sugar and fat. high sugar and high fat combined will equate disaster for your skin

i'm not saying it's a fact - just my experience and what I have read and seen from plenty others

as far as raw goes for me - minimal sugar has super cleared my skin. fruit and fat - not worth talking about - high fruit sugar/low fat was fucking awful and i have pics i can show you

peace x

Don't worry. I don't get upset over online forums. Ever.

I have already been to every single one of those sites when I first started even considering a raw food diet and I still firmly believe it's nothing more than a person to person basis.

I'm one of those "people" with acne issues who cleared their skin by eating a mostly raw food diet. I eat a lot of fatty things and sugary things. I have lots of bananas, strawberries, avocados, fatty salmon, olive oil, tuna, grapes and so on. Actually, one of my most common desserts is chocolate pudding made with avocados, bananas, cocoa powder, almond milk and stevia. Fat + sugar. My skin is completely clear. No "disaster" here.

I don't doubt your experience. I also don't doubt the experience of others in the same boat. What I DO doubt is that every single person is going to have the same reactions that you did, because clearly they won't. You say you aren't claiming your statements as fact, yet you write them in a factual way - which I have to admit, is one of my biggest pet peeves. Using "people" instead of "some" or "a lot of" people along with "will" always implies definite when the situation is simply a possibility.

I know fruit sugars might be poison for some people. For others, fat may be a strong trigger. And others may have both issues, but that does not imply that all acne prone people will face the same problem if opting for a raw or mostly raw food diet. That's my point.

that's fair enough - thanks for your input.

i agree that it won't be negative for 'everyone' i use the term loosely, but i still wouldn't fuck about with sugar and fat - candida for one will thrive in a high fat and high sugar environment.

re the pudding - yep one of my faves too but i wasn't really referring to a banana and avo in a meal, i was referring more to high GI fruits and lots of nuts and seeds.

avos are certainly not as tricky as high nut/seed based recipes but it doesn't sound like that's what you're eating anyway.

There's a very delicate balance between what can tip the scale of high on either the fruit or fat side of things - if you've found a balance that's great. For me the balance is completely one-sided with high fat, low sugar.

i also agree with a lot of the other information on the forum lately about fructose and glucose and if there is excess of fructose i think this is not benefical and unfortunately they tend to be the higher calorie dense items if you're trying to maintain a lower fat intake.

i'm pleased i've found what works for me doing raw - it's also completely dependent on where you live - i don't think there is one right way of doing raw food but i just wanted to raise awareness to those contemplating the diet or on it and having problems to examine the sugar and fat issue if they think it might help

hope that's straightforward.

I have to admit, I ate plain baked potatoes the other day because I ran out of fruit, the next day I had a big pimple but, I'm sure it wont interfere very much with my raw diet. I'm currently on a juice fast since I got a new blender, and going to get that potatoe out of my system lol..

It really did make a difference in my mood eating something cooked, I felt depressed, tired, and not alive like I usually am, I started to think negatively about myself which NEVER happens when I'm raw.

Also, I'm finally buying the powder form of MSM!!! I bet my acne scars will be completely gone in 1 month from all the things I'm doing: Oil pulling, MSM lotion, MSM internally as a suppliment, no makeup, lemons as a face/body wash, bike riding 30min a day til I sweat and shower right after. AND green smoothies-the best thing in the world for you.

I'm going to keep track of this until my acne scars are gone completely : )

I have to admit, I ate plain baked potatoes the other day because I ran out of fruit, the next day I had a big pimple but, I'm sure it wont interfere very much with my raw diet. I'm currently on a juice fast since I got a new blender, and going to get that potatoe out of my system lol..

It really did make a difference in my mood eating something cooked, I felt depressed, tired, and not alive like I usually am, I started to think negatively about myself which NEVER happens when I'm raw.

Also, I'm finally buying the powder form of MSM!!! I bet my acne scars will be completely gone in 1 month from all the things I'm doing: Oil pulling, MSM lotion, MSM internally as a suppliment, no makeup, lemons as a face/body wash, bike riding 30min a day til I sweat and shower right after. AND green smoothies-the best thing in the world for you.

I'm going to keep track of this until my acne scars are gone completely : )

well done you're doing so great! if i eat cooked, which isn't very often, i can't be bothered moving, speaking, i feel like shit physically, mentally, emotionally... the longer you've been raw the worse the effects but i still keep my hand in with cooked food and have it probably once or twice a month