Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest frogskinshoelace

Anybody ever get paranoid in public?

Guest frogskinshoelace

I always feel like everyone is staring at my redmarks when I am out in public. It even got to the point, that anytime I hear two people laughing together, I think they are laughing at me. The worst part about this shit is the psychological damage it does imo. I know I am being paranoid after I get home, but I cant stop the feelings from filling my head. The other day I was sitting in my car, and some lady was definitely staring at me as she walked by. When she past, she turned her head and continued looking, as I saw her in my rear view mirror. I got out of my car, and said "What are you looking at?" in a pissed off tone. She said "Nothing", I said, "Fuck off". I never used to be this way, but it just happens to me. I dont even realize what I am doing when its happening. Ugh, it sucks.

I always feel like everyone is staring at my redmarks when I am out in public. It even got to the point, that anytime I hear two people laughing together, I think they are laughing at me. The worst part about this shit is the psychological damage it does imo. I know I am being paranoid after I get home, but I cant stop the feelings from filling my head. The other day I was sitting in my car, and some lady was definitely staring at me as she walked by. When she past, she turned her head and continued looking, as I saw her in my rear view mirror. I got out of my car, and said "What are you looking at?" in a pissed off tone. She said "Nothing", I said, "Fuck off". I never used to be this way, but it just happens to me. I dont even realize what I am doing when its happening. Ugh, it sucks.

I dont get people that rude, but i do feel the same way, especially when u actually have to talk to someone at work or something and you see them constantly glance at your breakouts. It pisses me off but i can not blame them because it is noticeable ya know which is why it depresses me so much at times. Other reasons are because lots of them are uneducated by it due to the fact they have never experienced it, so they automatically think its a cleansing problem. I really hate that :evil:

Yes, at wal-mart the fluorescent lighting makes my skin look red/oilier then usual and I can't help but to walk by the mirrors and notice that I was right which kicks in my anxiety which makes my face even more red.. I'm not for sure but just the air in large/indoor buildings makes my face look bad BUT, my cousin has 4x.. bad acne neck cysts it all and when I talk to him I never really look at his pimples ya know.. or even care so it's probably all in your head because people are more focused on how they look then how someone else does and if your on this site then I can already tell you that your probably thinking you look 50% worst then you really do so just get it out of your head.. nobody cares its cool

Edited by alpinestar18

Guest frogskinshoelace

I really hate ignorant people who think that I could just take a shower, and my red marks would go away. They have no idea how lucky they are that that works for them. Its genetic. Both of my parents, and my older sister had it.

Dont worry about trying to make me feel better alpinestar. I have the worst redmarks of all time. I have never seen a picture where anybody comes close to mine. Im not stupid, I know how bad they are.

Ahh just cut the crap. It is not like that, start living, show them the money. All people have problem and your red marks are just ... your problem. Live dude, get better and be happy.

Guest frogskinshoelace
Ahh just cut the crap. It is not like that, start living, show them the money. All people have problem and your red marks are just ... your problem. Live dude, get better and be happy.

Everybody has problems yes, but some peoples problems are worse than others. I wish I was privileged enough to say that my biggest problem in life was that I dont like my job, or that I was having relationship problems. Everyone just likes to bitch and complain about things that arent that big a deal for attention. Like 80% of people in this country have no idea what real problems are like. They would not be able to live a day in my life. It isnt "crap" so shut the fuck up. I cant get happy, I honestly dont remember what its like to feel that emotion. Douchebag.

Edited by frogskinshoelace

Everybody has problems yes, but some peoples problems are worse than others. I wish I was privileged enough to say that my biggest problem in life was that I dont like my job, or that I was having relationship problems. Everyone just likes to bitch and complain about things that arent that big a deal. They would not be able to live a day in my shoes. It isnt "crap" so shut the fuck up. I cant get happy, I honestly dont remember what its like to feel that emotion. Douchebag.

I feel you man. If you check out my pics in one of the posts I made you can see I have it bad. Its depressing because you get yourself to think "shit its not that bad" but then the moment you talk to someone face to face all that goes out the door. I know they are staring at my marks. I cant wait till this shits over with...i probably got 4-8months till my red marks fade

Guest frogskinshoelace

Thanks raptor for understanding. Your are pretty bad (no offense of course) Mine are honestly slightly worse. You can truly understand the mind fuck I have. Ive got my first laser treatment Tuesday. My doctor said my skin should return to normal by August/September. They took pictures at my consult, if they give me a copy of before/after pics I will post them on this forum somewhere.

I hear both of you man... somedays I don't think they're bad either but then for no reason they change darker again. I'm sure a major issue you guys have too is that you can never really judge their healing process b/c they seem to change so much... and ya face to face convos are the worse, especially in crappy lighting. Lately I try to look people in the eye almost just to see where their eyes dart of too... in my head I just pray they don't glance at my red marks, and if they do I'm like shit and I feel shitty again. Also man if you're marks heal within 8 months I applaud you b/c Ive had mine for almost 2 years and frogskin has had them for 4, but let's keep our heads up. I'm contemplating laser (IPL maybe) but I still need more info and more reviews on it first, and even then I wonder if I'm better off not fuckin around with nature b/c it's possible they can be made worse lol

Guest DireStraits
I got out of my car, and said "What are you looking at?" in a pissed off tone. She said "Nothing", I said, "Fuck off".

LOL

you must have been at breaking point there.

Everybody has problems yes, but some peoples problems are worse than others. I wish I was privileged enough to say that my biggest problem in life was that I dont like my job, or that I was having relationship problems. Everyone just likes to bitch and complain about things that arent that big a deal for attention.

+1 dude.

Im starting to clear up from accutane but now the red marks left behind (although not as bad as some here) seem to attract the attention of people im in conversation with. I get the impression most of them aren't looking at the red marks because they are 'repelled' by them but because it just naturally stands out to the eye, like the colour blue it always attracts the attention of the eye more than any other colour.

Btw it would help if you posted a pic of your red marks.

Edited by DireStraits

yeah its easy to feel that way, i lol'd when you said you got out and told her to fuck off LOL

people power :clap:

hopefully they will heal up quicker than you think man

You need to reframe your thinking.

Its easy to think that people are looking at you for all the wrong reasons.

When ever I catch a women staring at me... I just think "Yeah.... I am a sexy beast arent I?" ;)

It really helps you feel better about yourself. :)

I also send them a cheeky wink. ;)

Edited by Fraz_2010

Everybody has problems yes, but some peoples problems are worse than others. I wish I was privileged enough to say that my biggest problem in life was that I dont like my job, or that I was having relationship problems. Everyone just likes to bitch and complain about things that arent that big a deal for attention. Like 80% of people in this country have no idea what real problems are like. They would not be able to live a day in my life. It isnt "crap" so shut the fuck up. I cant get happy, I honestly dont remember what its like to feel that emotion. Douchebag.

True.

But everybody thinks their problems are the worst (including yourself).

People who may have (what you would consider) extremely minor problems, may still be affected by those minor problems just as much as your problems affect you.

I was talking to a friend a few days ago (he's in a wheelchair) and I was telling him how down I was getting about my red marks and scars. Then he said to me "You want to know something? I'd kill to be able to leap inside your body and be you, then I wouldn't need this stupid wheelchair anymore".

It really makes you think.

That is my point. Red will fade, but for other people their problems will never fade. Accept yourself and get better. So I now gtfo! ha

Guest DireStraits

pics or you're being too hard on yourself

Guest frogskinshoelace
pics or you're being too hard on yourself

Im not, believe me. I wouldnt be spending $2,000 to have it repaired if it wasnt as bad as I say.

I hear both of you man... somedays I don't think they're bad either but then for no reason they change darker again. I'm sure a major issue you guys have too is that you can never really judge their healing process b/c they seem to change so much... and ya face to face convos are the worse, especially in crappy lighting. Lately I try to look people in the eye almost just to see where their eyes dart of too... in my head I just pray they don't glance at my red marks, and if they do I'm like shit and I feel shitty again. Also man if you're marks heal within 8 months I applaud you b/c Ive had mine for almost 2 years and frogskin has had them for 4, but let's keep our heads up. I'm contemplating laser (IPL maybe) but I still need more info and more reviews on it first, and even then I wonder if I'm better off not fuckin around with nature b/c it's possible they can be made worse lol

Yeah I had similar marks about 3 or 4yrs...it only took around 6 months, not completely but you could hardly even tell unless you used those 16 times magnified mirrors lol...but then again thats when i exercised alot..well see....no stress = healing sped up 2 times

But if laser works out for you guys let me know...im down to pay up to $2,000 so i dont deal with these marks for 1 yr or more.

Wait so you had marks that lasted 3 or 4 years or had marks 3 or 4 years ago? lol

oh snaps my bad lol...i had similar ones 3 or 4 years ago...so i was clear for the period in between last time and this time...Controlling my stress and eating habits will not change from now on because i dont want to go through this any longer in the future.

I've dealt with this most of my life. It only gets to me when my red marks are really red and/or I have a lot of them. When I have a few red marks I don't care.

a few months back I had a pretty bad breakout but decided to go to school anyways (i did pop them >_<. at first it didnt bother me but then I went to the bathroom and saw my reflection. It looked so much worse than I expected. I couldnt stop thinking about it all day and I nearly had a panic attack in my political science class (a lecture hall) I had to end up leaving school early - I couldnt concentrate anyways...

Edited by Alex_09

Guest frogskinshoelace
a few months back I had a pretty bad breakout but decided to go to school anyways (i did pop them >_<. at first it didnt bother me but then I went to the bathroom and saw my reflection. It looked so much worse than I expected. I couldnt stop thinking about it all day and I nearly had a panic attack in my political science class (a lecture hall) I had to end up leaving school early - I couldnt concentrate anyways...

Ive been there. I missed a bunch of classes last semester because I was afraid to go out. It wasnt like I was being lazy, I just couldnt handle it. Once I got up, walked to class, and just starting freaking out by the time I go to the building my class was in. I turned around and went home instead of just going in and sitting down. That was the point when I decided I had to get laser treatment.

I definitely understand where you're coming from. I'm always paranoid about people looking at my red marks, because most of the time they actually are. I usually get upset before I get angry though and just feel like crying, like when my fiancee's jerk of a father gazes at them in disgust for large tracts of time. I've encountered or seen few people with worse red marks than I have, every pimple I get leaves one and they don't want to go away, I've had several for years and have so many on my chin / around my mouth area that they've just about blended into one massive red discoloration - I haven't even seen my chin its natural color in several years. Not even make up does a very adequate job of hiding them. I don't want to leave my house most of the time because I'm worried people will look at them, and they do. I look forward to the day when I can afford laser treatments.