Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so, I've been on "the regimen" for about a week and a half as well as antibiotics for folliculitis, so my skin has really suffered a lot the past couple weeks. Before all of this happened, I had pretty normal (combination/oily) skin, so liquid foundation suited me just fine. Now, that just won't work...at least not until my skin gets used to the BP and whatnot. The foundation I'm currently using only accentuates the flaking and drying of my skin... it's pretty gross.

So, please can anyone suggest a foundation/concealer/powder that works well with dry, flaky skin AND does a good job covering red marks and scarring?

& any recommendations for moisturizer, w/spf that works well under makeup application, would be GREATLY appreciated.

My fiance comes home from Walter Reed Hospital next week and we're getting married, so I'd like to look somewhat nice :blush:

Edited by kristen2010

so, I've been on "the regimen" for about a week and a half as well as antibiotics for folliculitis, so my skin has really suffered a lot the past couple weeks. Before all of this happened, I had pretty normal (combination/oily) skin, so liquid foundation suited me just fine. Now, that just won't work...at least not until my skin gets used to the BP and whatnot. The foundation I'm currently using only accentuates the flaking and drying of my skin... it's pretty gross.

So, please can anyone suggest a foundation/concealer/powder that works well with dry, flaky skin AND does a good job covering red marks and scarring?

& any recommendations for moisturizer, w/spf that works well under makeup application, would be GREATLY appreciated.

My fiance comes home from Walter Reed Hospital next week and we're getting married, so I'd like to look somewhat nice :blush:

I am so sorry to hear that you are having a hard time!! Bummer :(

What is your price range and are you using an exfoliant?

My FAVORITE moisturizer is really expensive but it has SPF and it works just beautifully under my makeup. And I did not get dry skin at all once I started using this day and night (and I am on 2 topicals!). I would NEVER recommend something this expensive if it didn't work really well.

Reviews and information for the Caudalie AM moisturizer

My favorite concealer that I have been using for about 2 years:

Reviews and information for Amazing Cosmetics concealer

BTW- congratulations on your wedding. That is amazing and so exciting.

Reviews and information for the Caudalie PM moisturizer

Also the wonderful thing is if you buy from Sephora you can return within 30 days. (If you just don't like it.) I hate to be criminal, but you are getting married and I am sure you are on a budget, so you could buy these... use them for a month and then return if you want. ;)

Anyway hope this helps a bit. Let me know if I can make more/better suggestions.

well im a boy and im suffering from acne near about 7 years and i have tried each and everything on it so i have huge exp in this matter. well huni i have notied a few things tht could make ur acne worst.u can control ur acne but its nt a easy task.i mean i love to eat and drink.i love sweets and i love spice but these r the main casue of acne.i been using all kind of medicines enclouding AUCOTTANE watever its name is!!but it could help me but giving me dry lips and headach aal the time.

im a good looking guy but when ppl look at my face some times i feel shame coz of acne.im 24 years old now and going to be in 25 and just wanted to get rid of this shit!!!

once i had some big spots on my face.and i cried alot y?its happing to me.suddenly my face gets so much hot like its buring and the spots come on it.tht day i decided i will do something about my ACNE!!! it was like im going on a war widout knowing who my enemey is but i knew only one things tht its bigger then i think!!!

i took a look or my daily diet.i found i eat chocolates i eat pizza and oily stuff alot.so i cut the suger!!i know life is shit with out it but for a pretty face ya.i cut spicy from my food like chili and sult.and i started to drink alot of water.and trust me the results were great my face was getting clear but nt much as i wanted then after a huge research on internet i made GOOGLE my one and only friend in this war!!!i found about lemon juice.i gave this a try and OH MY GOD the results r amazing!!! my acne started to get clear clear and clear.so my advise get up in the morning take half lemon and squeez it in a glass and put water in it and drink it and doing the same thingy before u go to bed.go for a walk daily it helps alot in shine ur skin.and keep ur self happy as u can.GOD BLESS UH!!!mack

My FAVORITE moisturizer is really expensive but it has SPF and it works just beautifully under my makeup. And I did not get dry skin at all once I started using this day and night (and I am on 2 topicals!). I would NEVER recommend something this expensive if it didn't work really well.

Also the wonderful thing is if you buy from Sephora you can return within 30 days. (If you just don't like it.) I hate to be criminal, but you are getting married and I am sure you are on a budget, so you could buy these... use them for a month and then return if you want. ;)

Anyway hope this helps a bit. Let me know if I can make more/better suggestions.

Ha, thank you, dear. Price isn't really much of a concern right now. Thank you for all the recommendations. Have you tried this stuff, http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtm...;categoryId=RVP ? It SOUNDS like it'd be great for how my skin's behaving right now.

Ha, thank you, dear. Price isn't really much of a concern right now. Thank you for all the recommendations. Have you tried this stuff, http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtm...;categoryId=RVP ? It SOUNDS like it'd be great for how my skin's behaving right now.

I have!!!! I LOVE it. I wish I could still use it on my current regimen. The only thing IS... for the amount of time you have left, I would use a serum too under it to get that extra boost of moisture. :)

I have!!!! I LOVE it. I wish I could still use it on my current regimen. The only thing IS... for the amount of time you have left, I would use a serum too under it to get that extra boost of moisture. :)

Oh, awesome. Thanks for the suggestion.

What about your current regimen prevents you from using it?

I really like this for a serum; it's natural and gentle.

Energizing serum

Well I believe it was Wynne, she said that since it has lactic acid it might be too much because Differin is already exfoliating enough? Something like that :)

Energizing serum

Well I believe it was Wynne, she said that since it has lactic acid it might be too much because Differin is already exfoliating enough? Something like that :)

Oh, ;) Gotcha.

I'll check out these products asap. Thank you!

Energizing serum

Oh, ;) Gotcha.

I'll check out these products asap. Thank you!

Anytime!