Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fraz_2010

Whats worse... Photos or Mirrors?

I may be in a minority here, but I always find that my skin looks far more smoother and blended in digital photos than it does when I look in a mirror.

In some photos, it just looks like I have some sort of tan, but in some mirrors, my skin looks red, blotchy and wrinkled.

How do people see me?

Do they see the guy that I see in the photos? :pray:

Or do they see that horrible looking person that I see in my reflection? :shock:

Anybody else ever wonder about this?

I think what most people see would be halfway between the photo and the mirror. I always look awesome in pictures, but, depending on the lighting where the mirror is, not so great. I think what others realize would be somewhere in the middle.

Home cameras can't capture the same resolution as the eyeball, so your skin suddenly looks clearer on a photo. But since other people have eyeballs, they see you more the way you see yourself in the mirror.

Of course, they probably see you in a better way than a mirror because 1. They're probably standing farther away from you than the ~1 cm distance you usually observe yourself with, 2. They probably don't care about your skin and aren't scrutinizing it closely, 3. They might be observing you in more flattering light than you usually observe yourself.

VIDEO is the worst. I went on vacation recently, and while editing it to make it into a documentary-style movie, I was able to see red marks on parts of my face I usually hardly notice. The kicker? My camera is an expensive high-definition camcorder, which captures details (especially on the skin) clearer than ever.

I actually look better in mirrors than on specifically my digital camera. It picks up every single little flaw on your face x2. Even my friends with decent skin hates my camera, lol... However, I do like how I look in webcam :)

What I wish was that there was the most flattering light above my head at all times. Everyone would think I'm gawjus, haha

I hateee car mirrors, yet I can't help but look in them! When I look slightly okay in them, I'm thinking "Okay, I look GOOD today." since it's usually so unflattering.

People claim the way most see you is when you sit by a window and look in a hand-held mirror or something.

VIDEO is the worst. I went on vacation recently, and while editing it to make it into a documentary-style movie, I was able to see red marks on parts of my face I usually hardly notice. The kicker? My camera is an expensive high-definition camcorder, which captures details (especially on the skin) clearer than ever.

I'm sure everybody will argue that they think they look terrible in High definition. Because nobody is used to seeing themself in such detail. Even people who have never had a pimple on their face will think they look terrible in HD. Just like people think they look terrible under certain lighting. Its the same for everyone.

I'm sure if other people see you in HD, they won't think anything of it because they arent looking for your faults, just like you arent looking for theres. But they will notice their own and feel self concious about it.