Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, nice to meet you all! :) I'm sure many of you are as troubled as me and maybe this'll help you feel better.

I'm 17 this year and I have ezcema and acne, which are total opposites! I didn't have eczema before, but when I was about 14 I used a wrong product with too much benzyl peroxide content (i think that's the name, I'm not too sure) to treat my acne (which was kinda mild then). Then I began to develop rash-like, crusting areas on my skin. It was when I went to the doctor then I realised I have eczema. I have been living with it ever since. :'(

What's worse is that my eczema is worsened by sunlight, and I live in a super sunny country so I'm like a freak, always avoiding the sun. And even by avoiding the sun, the eczema persists. :'(

And lately, starting since last year, I began to have cysts. They're horrible and as a result I have a few scars already. My dermatologist gave me a cortisone shot but there's still a swelling patch there. There's also a lot of purple and dark red pigmentation on my face that won't go away! And needless to say, a lot of whiteheads and blackheads.

As a result of the eczema, I can't use the normal treatment you guys use to treat my acne. And I can't use steroids to treat my eczema because it will cause acne! All I do now is to apply non-comedogenic moisturizers.

Sigh, what could be worse? I hate taking photographs because of my horrible skin. I regret using the product that caused my eczema and i regret not treating my skin properly before. This is depressing eh?

Hey all! I'm new here, nice to meet you all, you guys are really nice people who want to help one another!

I'm 17 this year and I have ezcema and acne, which are total opposites! I didn't have eczema before, but when I was about 14 I used a wrong product with too much benzyl peroxide content (i think that's the name, I'm not too sure) to treat my acne (which was kinda mild then). Then I began to develop rash-like, crusting areas on my skin. It was when I went to the doctor then I realised I have eczema. I have been living with it ever since. :'(

What's worse is that my eczema is worsened by sunlight, and I live in a super sunny country so I'm like a freak, always avoiding the sun. And even by avoiding the sun, the eczema persists. :'(

And lately, starting since last year, I began to have cysts. They're horrible and as a result I have a few scars already. My dermatologist gave me a cortisone shot but there's still a swelling patch there. There's also a lot of purple and dark red pigmentation on my face that won't go away! And needless to say, a lot of whiteheads and blackheads.

As a result of the eczema, I can't use the normal treatment you guys use to treat my acne. And I can't use steroids to treat my eczema because it will cause acne! All I do now is to apply non-comedogenic moisturizers.

Sigh, what could be worse? I hate taking photographs because of my horrible skin. I regret using the product that caused my eczema and i regret not treating my skin properly before. This is depressing eh?

Hey, nice to meet you all! :) I'm sure many of you are as troubled as me and maybe this'll help you feel better.

Hey and Welcome to the Org ;)

It's eery that we share the exact same story, mine is almost identical to yours in every way

except that mine was progressively worsened by using/ being put onto Roaccutane (Isotretanoin) advized by my Derm. yea well she knew it all didn't she?

I ended up acquiring Rosacea on top of having mild acne (that's all it was back then) and Eczema!

So yeah I can fully empathise and relate to your sad plight.

Mine has gone now, by allowing the natural healing process our bodies possess, and by using the Right stuff in combonation with Healthy thinking.

It sucks, but don't lose sight in what's most important..Time Heals All Wounds.

that and Positive thinking, Inspiration can be your best friend sometimes.

Good luck to you "sigh"

And

Happy Skin Healing

:)

Look fella, sometimes people with cronic problems give an opportunity to other stuff, so research Essential Oils and look if there is something that helps. Also research on drugs for eczema, see the ingredients .. sometimes they contain essential oils or natural stuff from plants.

During my Accutane treatment I developed horrible eczema on my arms. My doctor told me to go to a drugstore and my a moisturizing lotion by CeraVe. The stuff is INCREDIBLE. I put it on three times in one night and by the morning, my hands were smooth like nothing ever happened. You could give it a shot! I'm not positive how it works with acne, since the eczema wasn't on my face but nonetheless it's amazing stuff.

Hey and Welcome to the Org ;)

It's eery that we share the exact same story, mine is almost identical to yours in every way

except that mine was progressively worsened by using/ being put onto Roaccutane (Isotretanoin) advized by my Derm. yea well she knew it all didn't she?

I ended up acquiring Rosacea on top of having mild acne (that's all it was back then) and Eczema!

So yeah I can fully empathise and relate to your sad plight.

Mine has gone now, by allowing the natural healing process our bodies possess, and by using the Right stuff in combonation with Healthy thinking.

It sucks, but don't lose sight in what's most important..Time Heals All Wounds.

that and Positive thinking, Inspiration can be your best friend sometimes.

Good luck to you "sigh"

And

Happy Skin Healing

:)

gosh thanks :) knowing that it WILL heal someday makes me feel SO MUCH BETTER!

If you have some kind of skin problem like acne then I would like to suggest you to use the skin products after consulting your doctor.

anyway, i chanced upon this website about evening primrose oil. it says evening primrose oil is beneficial to acne, eczema and rosacea! i'm currently taking it (started about 4 days ago), i think my eczema is getting better already! O: but it might be due to me avoiding air-conditioned areas as well.