Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lady25

Best bedtime snack?

I have problems with anxiety and depression and emotional eating used to be my way of dealing with them. I've been sticking to a whole foods diet recently and I'm doing well, but right before bed is like torturee for me. It's my usual binge time, and I've been doing whatever I can to prevent myself from giving in.

Right now I'm eating 1-2 riesen chocolates and a spoon of almond butter with a few sips of coconut water. This helps. Does anyone have suggestions for a more acne-friendly bed time snack. Or is this a habit that is just going to screw up my healthy eating?

Thanks...

I have problems with anxiety and depression and emotional eating used to be my way of dealing with them. I've been sticking to a whole foods diet recently and I'm doing well, but right before bed is like torturee for me. It's my usual binge time, and I've been doing whatever I can to prevent myself from giving in.

Right now I'm eating 1-2 riesen chocolates and a spoon of almond butter with a few sips of coconut water. This helps. Does anyone have suggestions for a more acne-friendly bed time snack. Or is this a habit that is just going to screw up my healthy eating?

Thanks...

almonds. my top pick

- almonds

- cacao chocoloate

- carrots

- any kind of fruit really

- peanut butter sandwhich

- Yogurt (plain) with some diced fruit and maybe a little bit of honey = heaven. may be a bit high on the sugar depending how much fruit and honey you put in though.

Edited by Alex_09

well i know its satisfying to eat right before bed but its really not that great for you. you should have at least 3 hours between you eat and start laying in bed because your body needs to fully digest the food.

well i know its satisfying to eat right before bed but its really not that great for you. you should have at least 3 hours between you eat and start laying in bed because your body needs to fully digest the food.

I don't believe that.

I don't believe that.

And you are right. But you should not eat very much. A very small banana or half a banana is a good bedtime snack. And to make it more satisfying for your craving, cut a slit in the side and insert a few low sugar dark chocolate pieces and heat until the chocolate melts. This is a common camping desert. I use Ghiradelli bittersweet chips and my toaster oven on a medium dark toast setting. Or you could have a small amount of plain yogurt with a few berries.

And eat plenty of tryptophan containing foods early in the day and get out in the bright light so your body makes seratonin.

Good Things for Sleep:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Good-Acne...50#entry2576850

Edited by alternativista