Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Even if you use the AHA at night, you should still wear sunscreen for several days after any AHA use, so just use it whenever it makes more sense for you. : )

How long have you been on The Regimen?

For people that have been on The Regimen for at least a month, and have adjusted to the full amount of BP, I recommend starting out using the AHA two or three times a week.

If your skin handles that well, you can try using it more often. I've found that two or three times a week is enough though.

Get something with at least SPF 15 for day to day wear if you're going to be using the AHA on a regular basis, and if you know that you're going to be getting a lot of sun, you might want to have something with a higher SPF.

I've been on the Regimen for about two months now I think ... or a bit more.

How should I use Jojoba oil with the AHA? I'm trying to sort it all out -- I have BP, AHA, and Jojoba Oil available.

I've been on the Regimen for about two months now I think ... or a bit more.

How should I use Jojoba oil with the AHA? I'm trying to sort it all out -- I have BP, AHA, and Jojoba Oil available.

This is what I do:

BP - 2x a day as per the regimen

AHA - night time after BP. I don't use it every night. Sometimes, 3 days straight, then I'm off it. Then again after a couple of days, right now I'm thinking of using it every other night.

Jojoba oil - I only use it nights - after BP. Or after AHA when I apply. Then I even put Cetaphil moisturizer afterwards.

Though I have oily skin, I believe my skin still needs moisturizing to counteract the BP and the fact that I don't put as much moisturizer in the day.

And lastly, I make sure use a day moisturizer with high SPF.