Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maya2010

Stick with Yasmin or add Spiro?

I was recently diagnosed with PCOS, my face went insane after I went off of Yasmin and took Retin-A for three months. I considered going on Accutane but have decided against it--turns out my acne was completely hormonal and now, two cycles back on Yasmin, my face is totally clear. I decided that for me Accutane is not a drug worth taking as a preventative strategy...

Sprio is my other alternative. However, I have absolutely no breakout (except for when I get my period... then I have maybe one) and I'm not really sure it's worth risking an Initial Breakout or any of the other risks.. including even more hormonal imbalance when I have to come off of it. (And it seems from what I've read here that after a certain point you won't be prescribed it anymore). I'm already so dependent on Yasmin and I don't want to develop more dependency, basically.

What do you think? Would love to hear any experiences coming off of Spiro while still on the pill... or not on it.. or any kind of advice about how worthwhile it would be to take Spiro if I'm relatively clear now and content with my skin (scars not included, of course).

Thanks!