Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heyguys14

Exercise and acne

Do you think exercise will get rid of acne? I think it does because I love sweating and going for bike rides and when I get done, my face looks so much better, I think it's because of the release of sweat because it releases toxins out of your body.

What do you think

Exercise is good because of it's numerous health benefits - regulates blood glucose, increases insulin sensitivity and many others.

It improves overall health so there's a good chance it'll improve your acne. Will it clear your skin completely? Depends on the person, but without coupling exercise with a good diet, it probably won't clear it completely on it's own.

I think its because your face probably gets red and therefore camouflaging your red spots. I read a article about the relation of sweating to acne and i cant seem to give you a link cause i have no idea where i found it but it basically said that sweating really does nothing to clear you up. The acne is not in the pore that you sweat off but deeper in your skin. Therefore, it really does nothing to throw out the "toxins" that may be there. The only thing that sweating can cause is if your not clean and let the sweat stay on your face it can aggravate your acne and cause a break out. But this shouldnt discourage you from working out because working out has a plethora of benefits.

@ golden slumbers : Toxins are things in your body stored up over time from eating cooked food such as cake, chips, chicken sandwhich, weat break, anything that isn't plant-based get stored in your body and is called toxins.

& yes to help wanted, my face gets red but i have less breakouts if I'm working out

i agree with you too, yvonnelilly. when i go for a run or swim during the day, my skin always turns up better than i stay at home staring at my computer.

but one thing for sure, it doesn't stay long. the next few days i skip exercising, my skin starts to look horrible.. = (

It might not get rid of acne completely for some people but exercise is awesome for everything. It increases blood circulation, for one thing. Also the skin is one of the excretory systems in the body so thanks to sweating, it removes the toxins from our body, like you said before. So it definitely doesn't hurt!

Hm, this is a particularly interesting fact, I excercise as much as humanly possible ( lost a Lot of weight after my 'episode' so I needed to gain and build up muscle mass)

And I say yeah sweating surely does have benefits, not sure if it clogs pores though? I'm not a Doc, but I think like you guys, Toxins are easily rid from our skin by sweating them out. I mean losing water is one way, that's what Green tea does to get rid of the sludge build up in our colons.

So i guess it works the same way right?

am I making any sense? if not ignore me

lol

*My english is suffering this evening, clearly*

Edited by Durbaniter~Zitigated

Well, for many years I struggled with this dilemma: whether working out was bad or good for controlling acne. What I have found paralleled what I read-- that if you have a tendency to get nodular acne, then working out, and especially high straining, like heavy weight lifting, can cause more of a problem. However, over time the body seems to balance the effects out and the stress release and improved immune function of workouts counters the effects of straining/ blushing. It's the pressure on the capillaries that seems to cause the deeper eruptions to form. Any time you blush, you run the risk of acne worsening. If you find it improves your acne when you work out, then all the benefits of that stress relief, etc. are in your favor. Recently I went with Dan's regimen, more or less to suit me, and I am so surprised that it indeed was effective. Now I can work out all I want...

Thanks Dan for sharing this discovery.

I have a friend who just started going to the gym around september of 09. However, he only does heavy lifting. He never broke out until that point, now he has 2-5 "small cysts" on the average day. I believe that it was caused by lifting weights, because there is a pattern to it. He only breaks out on the left and right cheek in a very isolated area. Strange huh?

I have a friend who just started going to the gym around september of 09. However, he only does heavy lifting. He never broke out until that point, now he has 2-5 "small cysts" on the average day. I believe that it was caused by lifting weights, because there is a pattern to it. He only breaks out on the left and right cheek in a very isolated area. Strange huh?

Maybe its diet related. People who do weightlifting tend to consume more protein, like whey which may aggravate acne.

I think exercise helps, but I don't think it has to be like a strenuous sweat inducing thing. I get most of my exercise by simply walking or riding a bike, and I'm in good shape.

During periods of my life when I was exercising a lot I found that my skin was clearer. Plus it just makes you feel good and relieves a ton of stress, which isn't good for anything!