Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fraz_2010

Rosacea or pigmentation?

I'm really not sure anymore...

I suffered from severe cystic acne a few years ago and took accutane for it which stopped the cysts, although I do still get annoying little whiteheads that can either appear on their own or in small clusters sometimes.

But ever since I finished on accutane, my face has had an element of redness about it. Sometimes it calms down, but then my face dries up and goes red again.

It usually either flairs up when i'm stressed out or anxious, or whenever I take a shower.

My skin looks fairly smooth in digital photos, but feels and looks rough in the mirror :S

http://i49.tinypic.com/2hcm8ba.jpg

What are other peoples opinions on this? anybody have any idea?

Its been about 2 years now, and my face still flushes up. I get so depressed when its at its worst, and I just dont want to leave the house. :(

I don't know whether its hyperpigmentation or rosacea...

Edited by Fraz_2010

Why did you hide your eyes and mouth on the picture , But you have a picture of you up in your avatar where you can see everything ? lol :ninja:

Anyway onto the question....IMO it looks more like just redness than actual pigmentation. Does your skin ever look shiny in certain lighting or mirrors ? That would be a good way to see if it was hyper pigmentation

Why did you hide your eyes and mouth on the picture , But you have a picture of you up in your avatar where you can see everything ? lol :ninja:

Anyway onto the question....IMO it looks more like just redness than actual pigmentation. Does your skin ever look shiny in certain lighting or mirrors ? That would be a good way to see if it was hyper pigmentation

Its a picture I took a while back and my teeth look terrible at the moment! :redface:

Yes, my face seems redder under certain lighting. Scars and blemishes are also more noticable in different lighting and angles as they cast more harsher shadows. My skin looks quite alright in my bathroom and livingroom mirrors. But i'm sure if i put the mirrors up to a window and looked in them, i'd feel like jumping out the window. :lol:

The problem is trying to figure out how other people see my face. :think: