Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heyguys14

How do you get rid of blackheads?

I have 2 blackheads on my cheek that I've had for almost a year. They are inside a small pimple, the pimple isn't pink, it's kinda white and flat. I'm a raw vegan and can't use anything that contains a chemical, does anyone know a natural remedy?

You do realize that even 'natural' remedies are all made up of chemicals?

Moved to nutrition and holistic health.

yvonne, the best thing I've EVER found for them is Bentonite clay. I got it at the health food store. I mix it with purified water to make a thick mud mask. I have started putting a few drops of olive oil into it and put it on. Let it dry and it will tighten up a lot. After it has hardened about 20 minutes I wash it off in warm water. Not one pore will be left clogged!

Clay mask, exfoliation or an extractor which is like a circle that you use to press all around the blackhead and force it out. And some people have claimed that massaging in oil worked too. Google oil cleansing.

What I do for my blackheads (except for the ones on my nose 'cause those are just stubborn) is:

[1] Boil some water.

[2] Pour it in a bowl.

- I also add some lavender oil in it or something for a good/relaxing smell. That's optional.

[3] Sit down somewhere comfortable with a towel over my head and with my face placed over the bowl.

- The towel keeps the steam from escaping and keeps the cold air out. Don't put your face too close over the bowl.

[4] Stay that way for about 15 minutes.

- The steam opens up your pores and cleanses them out a little. You can feel it :)

[5] Immediately after taking the towel off, apply Queen Julep's Mint (or Mud) Masque all over face.

[6] Leave it on for 15 minutes.

- While the mask dries, it pulls out all the impurities from your face. You can literally see it working too.

[7] Wash off with warm water.

[8] Apply a toner (I use Dickonson's Witch Hazel) to close your pores back up.

[9] Apply an oil-free moisturizer or an essential oil as a moisturizer (like Emu Oil.)

And viola! haha seems like a lot but it really isn't. You may have to do this mask x2-3 a week to see results if the blackheads are stubborn. Usually mine comes all out within 2 masks.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck :) You can get the masks and toner I mentioned at Walgreens or Target. They're cheap too!

Oh, and for the ones on my nose I use a blackhead extractor by Tweezerman. I use it sometimes right when I get out of the shower followed by toner.

Edited by Sapphire Lily

What I do for my blackheads (except for the ones on my nose 'cause those are just stubborn) is:

[1] Boil some water.

[2] Pour it in a bowl.

- I also add some lavender oil in it or something for a good/relaxing smell. That's optional.

[3] Sit down somewhere comfortable with a towel over my head and with my face placed over the bowl.

- The towel keeps the steam from escaping and keeps the cold air out. Don't put your face too close over the bowl.

[4] Stay that way for about 15 minutes.

- The steam opens up your pores and cleanses them out a little. You can feel it :)

[5] Immediately after taking the towel off, apply Queen Julep's Mint (or Mud) Masque all over face.

[6] Leave it on for 15 minutes.

- While the mask dries, it pulls out all the impurities from your face. You can literally see it working too.

[7] Wash off with warm water.

[8] Apply a toner (I use Dickonson's Witch Hazel) to close your pores back up.

[9] Apply an oil-free moisturizer or an essential oil as a moisturizer (like Emu Oil.)

And viola! haha seems like a lot but it really isn't. You may have to do this mask x2-3 a week to see results if the blackheads are stubborn. Usually mine comes all out within 2 masks.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck :) You can get the masks and toner I mentioned at Walgreens or Target. They're cheap too!

Oh, and for the ones on my nose I use a blackhead extractor by Tweezerman. I use it sometimes right when I get out of the shower followed by toner.

This is preety much what my dermatoligist told me to do for blackheads except without all the detailed products to use. Blackheads are deep in your pores and th best way to get them out is by sweating and opening up your pores. Even if you try to squeeze it with a tissue after you t opened up your pores you can notice how much easier it is to get them out.

Help wanted: So just plain sweating will work? Like if i excersise alot everyday eventually it will come out? Ihave two deep blackheads

nah exercising won't do much, some blackheads can be extremely stubborn.

As suggested, try steaming your face and use a mask, or pore strip or comedone spoon