Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just have sugar cravings that go on and on. After dinner. Full healthy dinner I eaven have cravings! Half hour later they started. Eating something instead isnt the best solution. It keeps me of the sugar cravings as long as i eat. Being full doesnt help that much either. Its really a addiction i think. Im addicted very quick.

EDIT2:I didnt want to make a new topic, its not about L-glutamin anymore its more about ways to fix my cravings and such.

Original question: Does anyone have experience in using L-glutamin as a craving regimen?

What im currently trying to do:

-lowering carbs, mostly processed carbs, but not lowering calorie intake to much

-Lowering snack intake, Increasing healthy foods intake (e.g. raw veggies as snack and as lunch)

-Eating enough fat (eggs, meat etc) , eating good full meals that contain good nutrition.

-Chewing more and better

-Drinking more water, instead of snacking drinking water.

-Brushing my theeth after every meal

-Lowering bad habits not to quick because I dont want to fall back into it.

What I havent been doing

Past 4 weeks i couldnt find the motivation to go runnign once every other day :(

Edited by joris

that's interesting, I've never heard that before. I use it after really tough workouts to help my body recover faster and it doesn't make me any less hungry but idk.

Ive red that L-Glutamine helps against cravings. Has anyone used it for that reason? Or noticed a reduction of cravings when using it? This is really inportant because I just cant do it. Im getting fat and i think if i go on like this i wont fit in my pants in a month or 2. Also my acne diet isnt working but thats not that inportant right know. Just trying to reduce calorie intake.

Ps. Does anyone have any fat loss tips?

EDIT: Other craving solutions would be fine also. I just have sugar cravings that go on and on. After dinner. Full healthy dinner I eaven have cravings! Half hour later they started. Eating something instead isnt the best solution. It keeps me of the sugar cravings as long as i eat. Being full doesnt help that much either. Its really a addiction i think. And my mind inst strong enough... (get fastly addicted)

what does your diet consist of?

Normally :

8AM: 2slices of bread + 2 tomatoe (or some strawberries)

11AM and 1PM: Apple , Orrange , slice of bread + medium egg , 1slice of bread with ham or something sugary

5PM: 100-150g of potatoes, 100-150g vegatables (half of time canned half of time fresh), 100g meat, 250ml yoghurt , And 2 plates of soup (powder, coocked - not add water and done)

Then snacks: A LOT!!!! - 4PM and after 6PM are my snack times.... During the day I just dont have any money to buy something at school and dont have any snacks with me :P

Sometimes i dont have anything for in morning then i eat the egg in the morning and something else on bread during the day. IN weekend we eat rice, pasta instead of potatoes.

Edited by joris

Hey Joris! It's been a while! Still interested in health and nutrition I see.

I used L-Glut for a while (I think I'm through half the bottle) but stopped sometime earlier this year.

It didn't do anything for my cravings and I think I've still got half a bottle left in the bathroom =p

I'm trying to eat whole foods now to get my nutrients.

I'm learning more and more about drug interactions in the body (even supplements) and it's scary.

I'm on BP and it seems to be working (albiet very slowly) but I've run out and Dan's free one he gave to me expired (I thought it was still good to last me a week until my next order so I hope this doesn't set me back to sqaure one).

Really shouldn't spam your thread but It's good to see familiar faces around =] Hope you're well.

Also* this is totally up to you but I managed to ween myself off bread and diary.

Normally :

11AM and 1PM: Apple , Orrange , slice of bread + medium egg , 1slice of bread with ham or something sugary

5PM: 100-150g of potatoes, 100-150g vegatables (half of time canned half of time fresh), 100g meat, 250ml yoghurt , And 2 plates of soup (powder, coocked - not add water and done)

Then snacks: A LOT!!!! - 4PM and after 6PM are my snack times.... During the day I just dont have any money to buy something at school and dont have any snacks with me :P

Sometimes i dont have anything for in morning then i eat the egg in the morning and something else on bread during the day. IN weekend we eat rice, pasta instead of potatoes.

Just asking, not trying to come off as rude, but how exactly is that an acne fighting diet? Your eating tons of sugar, grains, carbs and dairy? Also I see a lack of protein in your diet as well.

PANIC

Normally :

Just asking, not trying to come off as rude, but how exactly is that an acne fighting diet? Your eating tons of sugar, grains, carbs and dairy? Also I see a lack of protein in your diet as well.

PANIC

He's got yoghurt, meat, and eggs in there. Protein looks fine to me.

Dude that's a healthy diet compared to how most people are eating.

Baby steps ... baby steps ...

I just hope you're not snacking on junk food and that the soup is real soup, not powdered?

Id watch out with Glutamine, a quick google search will link you to a lot of people saying they think L-Glutamine breaks them out...

Guest DireStraits
Id watch out with Glutamine, a quick google search will link you to a lot of people saying they think L-Glutamine breaks them out...

You're right there.

I tried this shit back in December, actually i bought it last September tried it for a week and it broke me out on my cheeks. The stuff tasted just like sugar and sugar breaks me out in my cheeks so i stopped for a while. I gave it another go in December for about two weeks, lol big mistake broke out again.

I thought it would help with my self diagnosed 'leaky gut', but it didn't it made my acne a bit worse off.

However I was getting ripped though, that was the only positive i could think of.

Mhm lucky I didn't continue taking it! L-glut is in tablet form isn't it? How would it be sweet?

You got ripped doing nothing? Wicked side effect, can't side that happened to me.

Guest DireStraits
Mhm lucky I didn't continue taking it! L-glut is in tablet form isn't it? How would it be sweet?

You got ripped doing nothing? Wicked side effect, can't side that happened to me.

Supplements come in different forms brissie, the glutamine i got was powdered form in a small tub. I mixed it with water, stirred and gulped it down.

I didnt get ripped doing nothing, i was swimming during that time, but that alone wasn't enough to get me ripped. Once i started taking l-glut i noticed more definition, which i wasn't getting with just swimming alone.

Edited by DireStraits

Normally :

PANIC

Its not , as others said its a baby step. I ate a lot more sugar before, a lot more grains before and a lot more yoghurt. Im introducing a bit more veggies to my diet. So maybe i can get rid of some stuff. And I also said that currently im more into just a healthy/ and some fat loss then no-acne diet. Btw i only have to get rid of 1 apple 3 slices of bread and 1 cup of yoghurt and add some veggies in place and Im done... Maybe the soup btw.

@brissy

The soup is powdered. But its not the powdered type where you add hot water and your done. Its the powdered type that you have to let it cook for 10min. I dont cook, my mom does. I already stopped taking extra plates of soup, just one. I cant stop with it (they are already on my nerves for not eating that much milk and grains)... But in a year Ill be living on my own..

EDIT: snacks contain mostly: bread , fruits , coockies sometimes icecream and some other stuff. Every other week i take around 10beers (it breaks me out but vodka isnt affordabable) Only once a month i eat fries. And only few times a year real fast food.

Edited by joris

Normally :

PANIC

Its not , as others said its a baby step. I ate a lot more sugar before, a lot more grains before and a lot more yoghurt. Im introducing a bit more veggies to my diet. So maybe i can get rid of some stuff. And I also said that currently im more into just a healthy/ and some fat loss then no-acne diet. Btw i only have to get rid of 1 apple 3 slices of bread and 1 cup of yoghurt and add some veggies in place and Im done... Maybe the soup btw.

@brissy

The soup is powdered. But its not the powdered type where you add hot water and your done. Its the powdered type that you have to let it cook for 10min. I dont cook, my mom does. I already stopped taking extra plates of soup, just one. I cant stop with it (they are already on my nerves for not eating that much milk and grains)... But in a year Ill be living on my own..

EDIT: snacks contain mostly: bread , fruits , coockies sometimes icecream and some other stuff. Every other week i take around 10beers (it breaks me out but vodka isnt affordabable) Only once a month i eat fries. And only few times a year real fast food.

Dude, vodka's cheap as hell, unless you get Grey Goose or something. You can get a HUGE bottle of Burnett's for around 15 bucks. It would get a person of normal tolerance drunk like 4 times.

Vodka is not cheap in clubs. It is in shops.

True that, you're right. Nothing's cheap in clubs though really, unless there's a special or something. The trick is to go when it's 'ladies drink for free till midnight' or whenever, go there with a few girls, and have them get you drinks. I used to do that all the time.

Its going better.

My diet is now:

morning: Tomato + slice of bread , 100g of spinasch, 2carrots

during day: Apple, Orange, Banana, egg + slice of bread , something + slice of bread, 2 carrots

dinner: 1/3th of a cabbage , 1/3th of a cumcumber, 100g of other veggies half of the time canned, 100g of meat, 150g of potatoes, 1 plate of soup, 1 cup of yoghurt 250ml

evening: 2carrots

I only snacked 6things today, for me thats not much :P Its getting better everyday. Only 2 fruits 2slices of bread + something to cover , 1 waffle and 1 thing you guys dont know ow and 1 coockie. Well 2 weeks ago i ate double the amount of snacks.

Do any of you guys know any good veggies to eat raw. (easy to eat). Like carrots.

I have a question. I don't know if you already stated it but if you have just please point me in the right direction. What exactly have you taken for your acne in the past? Have you been on a lot of antibiotics or anything?

I have a problem with this but see the funny thing is I've been dealing with it for a couple years. I got the WORST cravings for anything with sugar for the longest time and struggled with my weight (I didn't gain much because I'd always run but I did gain some). I seriously thought I had an eating disorder and now I realized it's all caused by a giant yeast infection that I didn't think was all that serious but yeah I probably have leaky gut now. If you have something like this you'd probably know though.

Clerasil -1.5years ago to around 2.5years ago

More profesiional cleaners + scrub + anti bacterial cream - 9months ago to 1.5years ago

PB (the regimen) - half year ago

Colostrum - few months ago

As far as i remember my cravings started after the colostrum. So kinda weird. Also it looks like i gain fat easier.

I took 2.5weeks of strong antibiotics against a life treatening infection. That was just at the time i was doing PB (no correlation to be clear)

If the antibiotics were strong enough, they could have messed you up even in a couple weeks. I looked up colostrum and it is actually used to strengthen your immune system so that shouldn't be bad at all. Do you often feel fatigued, tired, sick,stomach aches***? Have you noticed any yeast or fungus on your body (toenails would be common)? I don't know if you would have any problems with yeast but if you are having uncontrollable cravings then it could be it. After you eat sometimes, do you feel full near it and then crave a bunch of sugar and eat it even though you are full? You try to eat something healthy instead but all you crave is sugar? Do you ever feel sick after eating a bunch of sugar (like gas, bloating, indigestion)?

It seems like you could have gotten an overgrowth from antibiotics and then maybe fed it too much with sugar and then it multiplied? Other than that I have no idea. I used to always be hungry during cross country season but that was different. Usually exercise won't cause massive, uncontrolled sugar cravings, maybe just causes you to take bigger portions to make up for what you lost. I could definitely tell the difference between my exercise induced overeating and these candida sugar cravings. If you do have yeast or maybe even if you don't, you could try going low carb. If you eliminate what causes the cravings, you won't crave more. I'm on a very strict low-carb right now so I don't "feed" the yeast any more sugar. I don't have any cravings yet but if I do at least I will know I have to avoid them for a reason.

Chey: So the fact that his cravings and fat gain started after the colostrum is something we should just ignore, just because its supposed to "strengthen your immune system"?

I'm going to guess that antibiotics taken a half year ago aren't going to suddenly cause weight gain and cravings now, a half year later. And I'm also going to guess that the colostrum is a much more likely cause (it may not be the cause, but I think it's a more likely one based on the timing).

Why do people think that everything natural and supplemental is safe and can do them no harm? It just makes more sense that colostrum had an impact based on the timing.

I figured the colostrum was able to be dismissed as I found it was used for treatment of Candida. I'm sorry I just didn't think it was possible even considering the timing. I don't really know much about colostrum and I'm not really worried about what is causing the Candida (if he has it). It's probably more important to diagnose him first before jumping to any conclusions.

Ive had craving times before the colostrum. But this is the worst one. Maybe thats why i started gaining weight because now is really to much. Lets not blame the colostrum because its most likely not the cause and also because we wouldnt be able to give an explaination or something to cure it.

I have bad reactions with beer. Itchy skin , few red spots under eyes, breakouts few days later.

Have been trying to eat healthy things instead of bread or coockies etc.. But Im going to run out of veggies today. And i don't know enough veggies to snack

The anti biotics or the BP caused my forehead acne to come back. I dont know which because the BP messed up my skin pretty well. My forehead wasnt able to make any oil for 1 week. It was really dry and was flaking like hell.

I was fatigued year ago and earlier. Not ever since. It was pretty bad. Outfinally it turned out that i had a super low blood presure or something like that. I started eating more salt (which was odd because i already ate a lot) I dont know if it really was fixed by that because i stopped it and im not fatigued anymore. Or if it just was something else. The disaperaing of the fatigue wasnt correlated with the antibiotics it was earlier. Colostrum made me a bit more energized though but that was just from good to better.

When i eat sugar i dont feel as good as normally (afterwards). But not that much, just a little bit.

Low carb diet yes that is what im trying but what isnt really working :P