Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anta

For those who have had their red marks for more than a couple of months, or even a year

Are you freed of acne or still dealing with breakouts?

I've been clear for 6 months, and I have a few red marks that I'm hoping to fade away with time and exfoliation. Just wondering for those who have had their red marks for a long time (1-2 years) were you still breaking out or have you been clear during that period? I've seen pictures of people in the regimen log section who had red marks far worse than mine, yet given a year or two theirs completely went away. Looking at their pictures you would never think they had bad skin. All they did was treat, exfoliate, and moisturize. I'm just hoping mine will go away as long as I keep my skin clear.

Edited by Anta

I've been on Accutane the past 5 months and I finally see some of my very, very old red marks fading because I'm no longer breaking out. Previously my skin would just constantly breakout and the acne would just keep overlapping on the red marks so they never had the chance to heal.

^This is my case too. My oldest marks are probably around 6 months old but seem like they're years old because I would keep getting new pimples in the same area, which would leave a new mark in the same spot. I'm on accutane now though so hopefully when I'm done they will fade faster.

The users I've contacted on this site said their red marks faded on their own. They were more concerned with getting rid of their acne, than the red marks it left behind. After keeping clear for a year or two, their skin is now mark free.

But then I hear the complete opposite from others on this part of the forum. That they've had theirs for a long time and it never faded away. @[email protected]

I don't know what to believe anymore. I keep thinking I'll be stuck with my red marks forever.

Edited by Anta

I've had red marks for a couple of years now. But I get a few white heads here and there which may be prolonging the healing process.

I'm just hoping that it is Hyperpigmentation and not Rosacea. :pray:

Guest frogskinshoelace

4 years. They dont always fade. Im getting professional treatment done next Tuesday.

4 years. They dont always fade. Im getting professional treatment done next Tuesday.

Good luck! I hope the treatment comes close to meeting your expectations.

Best of luck! Sorry yours didn't fade. How severe are your red marks?

Guest frogskinshoelace

Best of luck! Sorry yours didn't fade. How severe are your red marks?

Very. Dr. Bernstein is the doctor I am seeing. He has invented many lasers used for treating skin, including ones that treat pih. He also teaches clinics around the world on how to use them, I expect him to return my skin to normal. Ill post before/after pics if he gives me a copy. He said I should be good to go by August, cant wait.

I would really be interested in seeing before and after pics of the red marks, post them if you get a chance... if not on this thread, the other one there 'laser treatments for redmarks' lol

All red marks fade eventually, but could take anywhere from 6 months to 6 bloody years.

You don't see many people past 25 with red acne marks, unless they still get cysts or they have another condition such as rosacea

Guest frogskinshoelace

I doubt all marks would ever fade on their own. Ive had mine for 4 years and they have shown no improvement at all. Even with all the various treatments I have tried.

just chipping in

Ive had red marks for 3 yrs+ along with acne and now Im happy to say its only red marks

still abit pathetic

anyway just saying for laser treatments on red marks be sure to check out pulsed dye lasers. from what I've read they should be the best choice on it.