Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hellstorm

Girls- random question? Does ACNE hold you back from having sex with your boyfriend?

i have a new boyfriend and i really want to do it with him, but i'm too insecure about my body :( i dont have much acne on my chest or back, but it still looks gross. i want to wait until it's all gone so he won't be turned off

Hey Hellstorm,

First of all, try not to be too self conscious.

I don't know how bad your acne is (you even said it's not that bad), but if you are wanting to be with this person sometime soon, you may be waiting quite a while for it to dissapear first?

Remember that this person wouldn't be your bf in the first place if he didn't fancy you :)

Don't have sex....you will get pregnant and die

Haha but joking aside, really doubt he will care for a little acne.

I'm so jealous of you's.

I'm a 19 year old male and have never had a partner.

:boohoo:

Well there a few different responses I can think of, but what comes to mind is good for you. I am not in any way suggesting that people under 19 who have had partners are promiscuous or vapid [otherwise I would be haha ;)] - but I think that you won't regret it. You are mature emotionally and physically, at least much more so than 13, or even 16. When you do have a partner it will be memorable hopefully and again hopefully without regret.

I'm so jealous of you's.

I'm a 19 year old male and have never had a partner.

:boohoo:

don't worry, your time will come! btw you look cute in your picture

I dont really think he'd mind. But if you are really insecure about it maybe you can talk to him about it and work something out. like dim the lights or something if that will make you feel any better...

Hey Hellstorm,

First of all, try not to be too self conscious.

I don't know how bad your acne is (you even said it's not that bad), but if you are wanting to be with this person sometime soon, you may be waiting quite a while for it to dissapear first?

Remember that this person wouldn't be your bf in the first place if he didn't fancy you :)

thanks :) yeah i know but it's hard.. i want to look good for him! i just bought some head & shoulders with zinc pyrithione...i remember it worked very well on clearing my body acne

yeah he ain't gunna care one fucking bit.

if he does, fuck someone else. :genius:

lol this ^

just dim the lights if you're that worried. besides, shouldn't you only be having sex with someone you're comfortable with anyways? also, being NOT self conscious about your body is hot. If you are all worried about it guaranteed he'll notice you're feeling uncomfortable. But if you're feeling good he won't notice at all.

Edited by Figjam

Hey, you can be embarrassed about it, it's natural to be, but just so you know the guy won't care about it as much as you do. With that said though, only do what you feel comfortable with doing. It should be enjoyable, so don't rush into it and put yourself in an uncomfortable situation. If he really cares, he'd only want you to be comfortable, and not force you into anything.

I have chest and back acne (especially back) and I have never got a complaint :) . The only thing that may happen is if you're too insecure, won't be able to relax, and spoil the mood. That would be a shame, because I'm sure he won't mind.

If you really think he'll be turned off by you then I highly doubt you're ready for this. You have to be secure with yourself - acne or no acne - before you can make a decision like this. I have acne on my face only and although I hate people seeing me with it outside of my house I don't mind being make-up free when I'm inside with my boyfriend and when we're intimate and I'm pretty sure he doesn't mind either!

I only have acne on my face but not my body, and yeah it's stopped me from putting out. I really don't think guys care though. Us women put ourselves up to way higher standards than men do.

This happens to me, but not because I'm scared of him seeing it, but because I just dont feel pretty and sexy when I'm having a bad break out. I dont even remember the last time I felt genuinely pretty... I miss the feeling. Make up only does so much for my self confidence.

Anyway, the only advice I can give you is to just get lost in the moment :), dim the lights if it makes you feel better. Usually I just try to envision myself looking good even if I dont lol.

There's always creative ways to dress up...

hehe seriously though. IMO you should be gettin down with someone you are comfortable with. If you are that nervous then it might be more than your acne you are worried about. Also IMO, sex is best when it's spontaneous, so don't go too crazy trying to plan everything just right... just um do it, and enjoy it. I think sex might be one of the few things that keeps my mind off of my acne :blush:

As a guy, I'm here to tell you it doesn't matter and you stressing over it is probably making things more awkward. At least that's what I think. I date a girl because I like her for her and not because of superficial things, such as money or looks.

Beauty fades for everyone. You can't fix stupid.

I know how self conscious you feel.

I'll give you the honest truth, if you tell him you feel self conscious about it, he will reassure you he thinks you are beautiful and he will mean it. And the longer you've been dating, the less you will care about how you look in front of him because the more you will believe he means it.

I can't stress enough how important it is to be comfortable and confident during sex, it makes it so much better. And it's a lot more attractive to men. So don't ruin what could potentially be a great first time by moving too quickly, when you don't feel comfortable with yourself :)

I know what people say when they say if you feel like this you probably shouldn't be having sex, or sex with that person. But for me at least, it's a truly personal problem and I would feel self conscious no matter who I was with. I've been with my bf for a long time and I still get embarrassed. He is very kind and supportive so there is nothing wrong with him. I think it just takes time and effort to try and overcome this. : /

thank you for being supportive .. you're right! i keep reminding myself that confidence is sexy. i just had a long talk with my bf about it, and he was so understanding. it shocks me how sweet some guys can be

thank you for being supportive .. you're right! i keep reminding myself that confidence is sexy. i just had a long talk with my bf about it, and he was so understanding. it shocks me how sweet some guys can be

Seriously! In my experience all they want is for you to be honest and straightforward and let them know you are working on it. :D Sounds like you picked a good one too!! Yay :)