Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
.JacktheLad.

gaining weight with shakes

When you say weight, do you mean generally weight or muscle mass?

Did you know that nearly all milk contains IGF-1?

I looked at the supplement you posted, the IGFs are actually from the colostrum, the first food babies (not just human, but cows too) drink from their mothers.

Hence it is not illegal.

The supplement also contains Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA), I hope it is the R-isomer form and not the RS which has shown to be counterproductive in some studies (the 'S' is a synthetic form of ALA).

The supplement also contains Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA), I hope it is the R-isomer form and not the RS which has shown to be counterproductive in some studies (the 'S' is a synthetic form of ALA).

counter productive as in ? not putting on muscle mass?

yeah i mean weight and muscle mass

didnt know milk contained it. i watched a you tube video on it and they said raised levels of igf-1 caused cancers

you dont need any fancy shakes. just consume more calories and more protein. Those protein shakes break me out anyways.

I make my own weight gainer shakes. A couple cups almond milk, 2 tbs peanut butter, 3 tbs olive oil, 4 eggs, a greek yogurt. A little more than 1,000 calories. I split it up to 4-5 servings (a glass between breakfast and lunch, lunch and dinner, after workout, and hour before bed). Between the shakes, 3 square meals, and a couple snacks it ends up around 2500-2700 calories, which may not be enough for most if you're looking to gain weight, but I'm a small guy (5'4 115) so I don't need to much.

counter productive as in ? not putting on muscle mass?

yeah i mean weight and muscle mass

didnt know milk contained it. i watched a you tube video on it and they said raised levels of igf-1 caused cancers

Sorry, I meant counterproductive in antioxidant activity, ALA is a strong antioxidant.

260g per serving and only 52g protein, there are better shakes out there, also it has 30g of sugar which can be bad for acne.

260g per serving and only 52g protein, there are better shakes out there, also it has 30g of sugar which can be bad for acne.

ONLY 52 grams protein? What do you mean only? For a 200 pound person that like 1/4 of their daily value, if they workout or play sports, etc. A serving and a half of that stuff plus the rest of the food you eat in a day and I'm sure you get plenty, and that is for a hypothetical 200 pound person. Unless you are one of those people that buy into that whole "2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight" garbage. The supplement companies tell you that because they want you to use up their product up twice as fast so you will buy more of it, more often. The only people that need that much are people on roids because it increases protein synthesis or whatever. You can still get crazy strong without shoveling protein down your mouth all day long.