Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jacobi

do I need to wear sunscreen in this case?

on my 6th month of accutane. I HATE wearing sunscreen, so i've avoided the issue by not hanging out outside when it's sunny. My graduation is this weekend, and the forecast is "partly cloudy." it should last about 2 hours, around 4-6 pm. Can I get away without getting burned or do I need sunscreen? Thanks!

I would say hell no you can't. Haha. What do you hate about it so much? You will get sunburned and it will hurt and look funny and damage your skin. That's no way to graduate!! My FAVORITE sunscreen is Peter Thomas Roth Uber-dry. You can't even feel it on. Please wear some :)

I just HATE looking greasy/shiny and the feeling it gives me. I've gone running for an hour in overcast weather and not gotten burned; so I've just stuck to only going outside if it's overcast.

I've been using Cetaphil SPF 50 moisturizer when I have to. Maybe other brands are better?

I just HATE looking greasy/shiny and the feeling it gives me. I've gone running for an hour in overcast weather and not gotten burned; so I've just stuck to only going outside if it's overcast.

I've been using Cetaphil SPF 50 moisturizer when I have to. Maybe other brands are better?

Hmm.

Maybe!! Cetaphil is very moisturizing so that may be it. I heard people like the Neutrogena "dry" sunscreen. If you live near a sephora they will give you samples of anything you want! Just ask for a couple samples and that should last you ;) I personally like Aveeno. Try a dab in the store before you buy any of them to see if it soaks in after a bit.

Yeah I would definitely not skip the sunscreen. It's super important, rain or shine. Just watch out for some of the ingredients that could possibly clog your pores.

Edited by mercyunbound

yeah I agree. I'd go to sephora or maybe an Ulta and find a sunscreen that is "dry" or nonshiny. graduation is long and even with the clouds you will burn. I'm pale and even without accutane I burn through the clouds. If its only your face that is exposed, Clean and clear makes a face lotion "morning burst" that has SPF in it. and it doesnt cause you to shine at all. i use it daily and never have greasy face. and its cheaper usually. I've even spread it on my arms once when i ran out of regular sunscreen and it worked haha