Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Right now my skin is pretty clear. It took me 2 minutes to fix my face to go to the store. Whereas before it would be 10+ minutes. So why I am not as happy as I should be? I feel like I don't want to experience joy and victory because it's going to come back and then where will I be? Does anyone else have this problem?

:/

I experienced this every month since I've gone off birth control. I have periods of great skin, and TERRIBLE skin, and I always tell myself during periods of clear skin "this is the calm before the storm" and it always is. Every month, the same thing.. and it breaks me heart a little more each time :(. I like your new profile pic, so purdy!!! : )

Hey, getting there in the first place instead of never getting there at all is something you should celebrate! Your skin looks gorgeous, I wish I had it! So what if you get horrible outbreaks later on or whatever it is you're afraid of?? WHY BE AFRAID?? You have good skin now, ENJOY it <3

I don't know the meaning of what I'm thinking isn't quite relevant, but your post makes me think of this one saying, that it is better to love and fall out of love than to never have loved at all. At least for a while you can experience nice skin!! Instead of never getting the chance to!

Hakuna matata (hehe "it means no worries":D), be happy =x

Does anyone else have this problem?

Yep this happen to me too sometimes. However, my clear skin days are verrryyy few and far between (and even on my 'good' days, I usually have at least two healing cysts on my chin lol).

So why I am not as happy as I should be? I feel like I don't want to experience joy and victory because it's going to come back and then where will I be? Does anyone else have this problem?

Why should you be happy just because your skin looks good? Challenge this thought.

The problem with most of us acne sufferers is that we've become so darn preoccupied with our skin that we let the state of our skin dictate our feelings of self-worth. We should find other things in life to be happy about. I guess what I'm saying is that your happiness should be a constant, rather than a variable that is dictated by your unpredictable skin. At least that's what I think. I hope that this helps to put things into perspective for you.

Edited by maggipie

Right now my skin is pretty clear. It took me 2 minutes to fix my face to go to the store. Whereas before it would be 10+ minutes. So why I am not as happy as I should be? I feel like I don't want to experience joy and victory because it's going to come back and then where will I be? Does anyone else have this problem?

I think I know what you're talking about. :(

When I'm breaking out, I am down about it. When I am clear, I am grateful...but still not happy. Those negative thoughts creep back in and tell me that it can't last. I'm trying to work on it.

Keep fighting. You are very purdy. =]

Urghhh, I know the feeling.

My skin changes on a daily basis.

When its dried up it looks good because the old spots are dying and the dryness seems to mask the red marks slightly.

But I know the dry skin is just preparing me for another breakout right around the corner.

So frustrating! :doh:

I experienced this every month since I've gone off birth control. I have periods of great skin, and TERRIBLE skin, and I always tell myself during periods of clear skin "this is the calm before the storm" and it always is. Every month, the same thing.. and it breaks me heart a little more each time :(. I like your new profile pic, so purdy!!! : )

Aw I am so sorry to hear that! I'm hoping with the combination of BC, Duac, Differin, Drying cream, lasers, and light treatments- that I will stay at least close to where I am now. Haha that's a lot of effort wasted if I don't. & thank you very much!! :)

Hey, getting there in the first place instead of never getting there at all is something you should celebrate! Your skin looks gorgeous, I wish I had it! So what if you get horrible outbreaks later on or whatever it is you're afraid of?? WHY BE AFRAID?? You have good skin now, ENJOY it <3

I don't know the meaning of what I'm thinking isn't quite relevant, but your post makes me think of this one saying, that it is better to love and fall out of love than to never have loved at all. At least for a while you can experience nice skin!! Instead of never getting the chance to!

That is true I must admit! I am here now! And thank youuuu!!! I will try to live in the moment more. Haha and that quote makes sense to me! Good thinkin! ;)

Does anyone else have this problem?

Yep this happen to me too sometimes. However, my clear skin days are verrryyy few and far between (and even on my 'good' days, I usually have at least two healing cysts on my chin lol).

So why I am not as happy as I should be? I feel like I don't want to experience joy and victory because it's going to come back and then where will I be? Does anyone else have this problem?

Why should you be happy just because your skin looks good? Challenge this thought.

The problem with most of us acne sufferers is that we've become so darn preoccupied with our skin that we let the state of our skin dictate our feelings of self-worth. We should find other things in life to be happy about. I guess what I'm saying is that your happiness should be a constant, rather than a variable that is dictated by your unpredictable skin. At least that's what I think. I hope that this helps to put things into perspective for you.

That is a good perspective to assess things from. I'll have to train myself to think that way after so many years, you know?

I think I know what you're talking about. :(

When I'm breaking out, I am down about it. When I am clear, I am grateful...but still not happy. Those negative thoughts creep back in and tell me that it can't last. I'm trying to work on it.

Keep fighting. You are very purdy. =]

That's exactly how I feel. Well keep me posted, we can beat this! The acne and the weird moods haha! And aww, thank youuuu!!

When its dried up it looks good because the old spots are dying and the dryness seems to mask the red marks slightly.

But I know the dry skin is just preparing me for another breakout right around the corner.

Annoying isn't it?!

:mad:

Annoying isn't it?!

It is indeedy.

I can't even use a moisturizer, because putting anything on my skin causes me to brake out at an even faster rate.

Annoying isn't it?!

It is indeedy.

I can't even use a moisturizer, because putting anything on my skin causes me to brake out at an even faster rate.

Wow really?! That doesn't work!! Moisturizer is so important. Do you think that maybe because your skin gets dry because you can't use moisturizer- it breaks out?

That is true I must admit! I am here now! And thank youuuu!!! I will try to live in the moment more. Haha and that quote makes sense to me! Good thinkin! ;)

Yay :] you got my blabbing !!=p Yeah it's normal to be down on yourself, but I hope you don't ever feel bad for too long cus you're pretty darn gorgeous in my opinion. Be happy =)

Annoying isn't it?!

It is indeedy.

D'oh! That sucks. I guess I know now why you were trying to avoid the moisturizers lol =p. Maybe you just haven't found a good one? I hope the oil works out :D

Yay :] you got my blabbing !!=p Yeah it's normal to be down on yourself, but I hope you don't ever feel bad for too long cus you're pretty darn gorgeous in my opinion. Be happy =)

Haha your blabbing is valuable insight :)

AWWWW Thank you girl so much!! It's nice to hear... I am happy now, kind people in the room :wub: