Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Le_Chaim

Dermify...will it work for me?

I have severe acne (about 5 cysts/nodules- not sure exactly how to tell the difference, I just know they're huge pimples), and I recently started Retin-A Micro for the second time- last used it a couple years ago, and it cleared me up very well but I eventually started breaking out again and called it quits (Dumb move? Possibly...ok, probably :doh: ). My skin has gotten a bit worse since starting Retin-A Micro, and I know about the IB, but I'm also experiencing an extreme change in oiliness (going from quite dry, never needing to blot my face, only having to wash once a day, etc. to being quite greasy upon waking up, getting a huge oil slick all over my face within a few hours of washing, and so on...). I'm scared to go on Accutane because of all the scary things I've heard about it, so I'm keeping it as a last resort...although I must admit, after looking at LabGirl's before/after galleries, I almost wish I could start popping Accutane tomorrow.

At any rate, I came across Dermify (dermify.com) and was wondering if it would work for someone with acne of my severity. The fact that it is "all natural" appeals to me, but more than anything I'm looking for something that works. So, has anyone tried Dermify? How did it work for you?

Thanks for your help!

I have severe acne (about 5 cysts/nodules- not sure exactly how to tell the difference, I just know they're huge pimples), and I recently started Retin-A Micro for the second time- last used it a couple years ago, and it cleared me up very well but I eventually started breaking out again and called it quits (Dumb move? Possibly...ok, probably :doh: ). My skin has gotten a bit worse since starting Retin-A Micro, and I know about the IB, but I'm also experiencing an extreme change in oiliness (going from quite dry, never needing to blot my face, only having to wash once a day, etc. to being quite greasy upon waking up, getting a huge oil slick all over my face within a few hours of washing, and so on...). I'm scared to go on Accutane because of all the scary things I've heard about it, so I'm keeping it as a last resort...although I must admit, after looking at LabGirl's before/after galleries, I almost wish I could start popping Accutane tomorrow.

At any rate, I came across Dermify (dermify.com) and was wondering if it would work for someone with acne of my severity. The fact that it is "all natural" appeals to me, but more than anything I'm looking for something that works. So, has anyone tried Dermify? How did it work for you?

Thanks for your help!

Hey there

I have used dermify, I still use it as a mask sometimes, and, as a mask, applied for 15-20 minutes, I love it because it really takes the redness out and seems to dry out the pimple and help it heal faster.

As a full on treatment for acne, however, I wouldn't say this is an answer. It would more be one aspect of a holistic approach... and there are like 25 ingredients in it so it's still a complicated formula and you are still putting a lot of different ingredients on your skin.

Recently I started using Apple Cider Vinegar topically on my skin, and drinking about 6 oz a day also. In one week my acne has been reduced by fifty percent. Might not work for you, but heck it's worth a shot.

On the dermify, I would reccomend it, only order one pack, and use it as a mask, or try it as a full care system if you like, one word of caution it can be very drying so make sure to follow the directions exactly. Their customer service is also excellent.