Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VisionInBlack

What sunblock can I use that doesn't cause breakouts or break the bank?

I can't use most sunblocks on the market. Right now I'm using Coppertone Sensitive and I think it made me break out. Last weekend I used it under my makeup and on my back because I went on an outside shopping trip and didn't want to get burned. Well, on monday I found a huge whitehead on my back! YUCK. :doh: And on my face were a ton of little whiteheads. I don't know if it was from the sunblock or from sweating. But I was wearing a backless sun dress, so my skin could breathe fine. Please recomend a sunblock that you've tried. Thanks! ;)

Edited by VisionInBlack

Sunblock can be tricky for us acne-prone people. A lot of companies like Coppertone or Neutrogena can have some pretty nasty ingredients. Even if they say something like "non-comedogenic" it might not always be true. I use Cetaphil's SPF moisturizer right now and it seems pretty good.

Here's a decent list of some bad and good pore-clogging ingredients you can look for. Anything with a number 3 or higher could possibly break you out.

http://www.vsskin.com/ingredient_ratings.html