Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foreverdoomed

IDEAA!! Can tanning lotion hide red acne marks?

My whole cheeks are FILLED with RED SPOTS from old acne that was scrubbed off at the spa.

I don't have deep scarring just minor imperfections like a gentle poke with a toothpick. but the redness from the pimples are very noticeable.

I thought of a brilliant idea. Why not use tanning lotion to hide the marks? like a really dark and good quality one that makes me darker instead of orange?

yes????

thanks. & my skin color is almost pale.

I'm actually kind of doing this right now. I have some very noticeable red marks on my face that I'm trying to fade. I've been using a self tanning lotion with SPF just because I don't want to damage my skin from the sun but I still want some color on my body. It does seem to hide them a bit but I honestly wouldn't recommend this entirely. A lot of self-tanning lotions have some chemicals that could be potentially pore clogging...which would pretty much just screw over the entire point.

Nonetheless if you wish to give it a shot, go ahead! I would believe that it's better than actually tanning outside and ultimately damaging your skin and darkening your red marks.