Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
keviinx09

Thin/Thick SKIN!

Hey everyone I was wondering what's the difference between thick and thin skin? pls give me some good examples... THANK U GUYS VERY MUCH ! :)

KEVIN

Hey everyone I was wondering what's the difference between thick and thin skin? pls give me some good examples... THANK U GUYS VERY MUCH ! :)

KEVIN

I asked my nurse who does my laser treatments this question as I am a girl with very thick skin (advantage in some ways since I am always told I look much younger as thicker skin is less prone to wrinkling as quickly as thinner skin)

i was also told that scars on thicker skin is more noticeable and harder to treat compared to thinner skin and that topicals cannot penetrate thick skin as well as thin skin

I am currently using tazorac and my skin tolerates it extremely well

thanksss :) ...

any other good examples???

:)

one is 1mm and the other 2.5mm

joking :P, yeah thicker skin is protected better agaisnt the elements, wont wrinkle as easy, repairs better

thin skin is a sign of aged skin (nt so much old) that has lost its collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid. thin skin bruises easily, more lightly to scar and leave blemishes

>> extract

Supplements can help your skin and your overall health, too.

Look for a supplement that contains at least 30 mg of SAMe (S-Adenosyl-Methionine) and at least 50 mg of Carnosine. SAMe is a wonderful nutrient involved in a key process called methylation; Carnosine stops glycation, which destroys healthy proteins, including collagen and elastin; Carnosine also has the unique ability to halt glycation which has already begun.

The other supplement that has a powerful record for skin health and repair is omega 3 fish oil. A just-introduced omega 3 fish oil contains the antioxidant astaxanthin, and a lycopene extract. The lycopene complex in this oil has been shown in clinical trials to actually thicken skin, add density, and dramatically reduce scaling and roughness -- both very common in aging skin.

Skin care lotion or cream

Several ingredients in skin care lotion or cream have a proven clinical record of reversing the causes of aging skin. They can thicken and toughen skin and renew its flexibility, month after month. Here are some of the best:

-- Cynergy TK stimulates the skin's own natural production of collagen and elastin. It increased new skin cell production by 160 percent and improved skin elasticity by 42 percent in trials with human volunteers. It also reduced inflammation and had powerful antioxidant qualities.

-- A seaweed extract called Phytessence Wakame allowed the skin to rebuild its hyaluronic acid levels. In trials, it did this by blocking 52 percent of the action of an enzme that degrades hyaluronic acid.

-- If the product contains Coenzyme Q10 in tiny particles, often called a "nano-emulsion," it can penetrate the skin deeply. In general, other forms of CoQ10 are not well absorbed. With natural vitamin E, CoQ10 makes perhaps the most powerful antioxidant combination in healthy skin.

Edited by .JacktheLad.