Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jessasaurusrex

Scrub In The Morning Or At Night?

I scrub twice a week at night. I use a very harsh scrub (it's basically vodka, grapefruit juice, and coarse grind and fine grind sea salt) and so I think doing it at night is better for my skin because it gives it all night to soothe. In my opinion I think night is better, but I don't think it seriously makes a difference.

Keep in mind that scrubbing can irritate skin and irritating skin can bring about breakouts, so proceed with caution when it comes to using manual exfoliants (especially harsh ones).

^^^

They are right. How do you exfoliate now? Also keep in mind that there are things like glycolic cleansers and other stuff that you don't need to scrub on - just apply and they're exfoliate.

recently I've been using brown sugar, lemon juice, and honey. I'm no longer using any man made products on my face. I've been washing with plain water, lemon juice, or honey. I've notice that the less store bought products I use the better my face gets. So I've completely eliminated them. I've been scrubbing the brown sugar every 2 days so I don't scrub my face away and irritate it. I'm also very gentle when I scrub my face.

recently I've been using brown sugar, lemon juice, and honey. I'm no longer using any man made products on my face. I've been washing with plain water, lemon juice, or honey. I've notice that the less store bought products I use the better my face gets. So I've completely eliminated them. I've been scrubbing the brown sugar every 2 days so I don't scrub my face away and irritate it. I'm also very gentle when I scrub my face.

Omg scrubbing with brown sugar would be sooo yummy! Especially compared to salt! That's good your not scrubbing like crazy and I'm proud of you for not using any more man-made products on your skin. I wish I was like that - well, I don't use AHA's, BP, SA, or anything, just natural things so I guess it's not so bad.

@skguy- yeah brown sugar is so yummy. : ) it's a lot gentler than salt because the grains are a lot smaller. Yeah I really hate putting man made stuff on my face, I feel like a natural approach is better. I hate bp & sa, they never did anything for me they may have made things worse. I'm glad your using natural products, it'll be better for you in the long run. : )

@bek- how would you add the strawberry in?

@skguy- yeah brown sugar is so yummy. : ) it's a lot gentler than salt because the grains are a lot smaller. Yeah I really hate putting man made stuff on my face, I feel like a natural approach is better. I hate bp & sa, they never did anything for me they may have made things worse. I'm glad your using natural products, it'll be better for you in the long run. : )

@bek- how would you add the strawberry in?

Yogurt + brown sugar + mashed up strawberry(but not liquid mash)?

sounds yummy I'll have to try it. : )

I think I may do that with a kiwi though!! :) If I don't eat it first. haha. Kiwi's are so yummy! Maybe add some honey too! ;)