Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LambieKay

Hormonal acne of a different kind!

So, It isn't really of a different kind BUT!

I used to have pretty severe acne when I was younger, but as I've gotten older, (I'm 18 now) it's slowed down quite a bit. My main two problems now are the red marks and this hormonal acne that I get right before my "time of the month". It's basically the only time I ever break out, but it's still frustrating because due to my pale skin, ANY kind of pimple leaves red marks that last for years. It's very persistent and no matter what kind of treatment I use, it still appears. I know how common this problem is, but my question is; Is there anything that has worked for any girls out there in preventing monthly breakouts. I've tried birth control, and basically any kind of topical treatment there is.

you should try evening primrose oil (capsules) they have helped many with hormonal acne

you should try evening primrose oil (capsules) they have helped many with hormonal acne

I will definitely look into that. Thanks!

Is there males here that got clear from taking it for hormonal acne?

well i know that there are a few males who have tried it - i don't think it got them clear, but it didn't hurt. It has GLAs which are anti-inflammatory

Im curious too. The only time I ever get zits is on my period, hnnnng.

I started this supplement called Vitex about 6 weeks ago, but apparently it takes about 3 months to work, soooo I dunno.