Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wafflestuff

How NOT to lose weight ?

So here is my short story - i tried a low carb diet 2-3 months ago.I also took grape seed extract and probiotics ( tho i had to stop taking them because i had really really bad die-off symtoms - nightterrors,night sweating , headache , brain fog ;x )

Anyway i knew it was working - i stopped forming new acne and old pimples were healing better than ever.Yeah sounds great,but...

Even tho i was eating a fair amount of green vegetables ,meat ,eggs , fish and seeds i lost weight very dramaticaly - like 10 kilos in a week..Then i stayed this way for 3 weeks..I had energy and i was feeling well but i was becoming extremely skinny..like wtf ? :doh:

So my question is simple - how can i be on a relatively low carb diet and not lose weight ??( or even gain some.. ) Any specific food suggestions are welcome or whatever..

thanks in advance

So here is my short story - i tried a low carb diet 2-3 months ago.I also took grape seed extract and probiotics ( tho i had to stop taking them because i had really really bad die-off symtoms - nightterrors,night sweating , headache , brain fog ;x )

Anyway i knew it was working - i stopped forming new acne and old pimples were healing better than ever.Yeah sounds great,but...

Even tho i was eating a fair amount of green vegetables ,meat ,eggs , fish and seeds i lost weight very dramaticaly - like 10 kilos in a week..Then i stayed this way for 3 weeks..I had energy and i was feeling well but i was becoming extremely skinny..like wtf ? :doh:

So my question is simple - how can i be on a relatively low carb diet and not lose weight ??( or even gain some.. ) Any specific food suggestions are welcome or whatever..

thanks in advance

i suggest you add olive oil to everything you eat. i think i use to intake about 1000 calories of olive oil everyday when I was on my weight gain acne diet. i would go through like one bottle in like two weeks.

Edited by thelastword

Follow these easy steps:

(1) Lift heavy things 2-3 times a week. Short duration, high intensity. No more than 30-40 mins per session.

(2) Eat enough calories to promote an anabolic environment (growth, muscle growth in this case).

(3) Rest and sleep enough to let your body grow.

If you are looking for a solid routine for beginners google "starting strength by mark rippetoe". Real basic linear routine, all olympic and compound movements.

Reducing body fat is a good thing. It means you are becoming more insulin sensitive, have lower systematic inflammation, etc. If you don't have muscles you'll look like a b!tch, so start working out and eating more.

If you don't have muscles you'll look like a b!tch, so start working out and eating more.

This guy is a sage.

thanks in advance

i suggest you add olive oil to everything you eat. i think i use to intake about 1000 calories of olive oil everyday when I was on my weight gain acne diet. i would go through like one bottle in like two weeks.

what the chuff is a weight gain acne diet? like gaining weight without increasing acne?

please show me what this list of foods includes!

this is why i had to add grains and carbs back into my diet... my skin is GREAT on a low carb, no grain diet paleo... BUT i cant keep on weight for sht, I would eat a TON and still just barely maintain my LOW weight. And yes I dumped olive oil on everything... ate a ton of protein yada yada, but it was still hard to keep my weight up. I weighed like 103 at the most. Sense adding 1 or 2 servings of healthy carbs back in I'm up to about 107 which is alot better for me (I'm female by the way). Although I honestly wouldnt mind another five pounds or so but its very hard eating healthy to gain weight, even despite dumping olive oil on everything etc. Also- I have my Mother on a very low carb, high protein, high veggie/fruit, high fat diet and shes lost over 35 lbs so far and NO I'm certainly NOT starving the woman, and this is with no exersice either... unless you count her walkingt the dog around the block a workout :). So- that should say something about how hard it is to maintain weight on low carb... I dont know how the rest of you out there do it!!

Also- this whole thing made me realize somthing... its NOT FAT THAT MAKES PEOPLE FAT, ITS CARBS ALL THE WAY NO IFS ANDS OR BUTS ABOUT IT!

Edited by butterflys & illusions

im male and weight 142 for 6 ft is quite light, i dont look light cause im built with muscle deffinition. i would like to gain size though.

going to chomp my way through anything and everything and take progain extreme which contains creatine. will put on 6lbs or so just of water retention

Follow these easy steps:

(1) Lift heavy things 2-3 times a week. Short duration, high intensity. No more than 30-40 mins per session.

(2) Eat enough calories to promote an anabolic environment (growth, muscle growth in this case).

(3) Rest and sleep enough to let your body grow.

If you are looking for a solid routine for beginners google "starting strength by mark rippetoe". Real basic linear routine, all olympic and compound movements.

Reducing body fat is a good thing. It means you are becoming more insulin sensitive, have lower systematic inflammation, etc. If you don't have muscles you'll look like a b!tch, so start working out and eating more.

Venam is right.

I did the same diet as you a few years back (very similar to Dr. Perricone's 'Anti-Inflammatory Diet' btw) and lost TOO much weight too.

Increasing your calories is the only way to stop this weight loss, especially via healthy fats (as Venam suggested olive oil, fatty fish eg mackeral, salmon etc.).

Also be very careful not to consume high fat meals with high carbs., you probably already know this (due to the insulin response and thereby creating a hormonal release leading to a possible breakout) but thought it was worth the mention.

Also be very careful not to consume high fat meals with high carbs

Fat is pretty much neutral for insulin so amount (and type etc...) of carbs would determine the insulin load mostly. Actually eating fat with carbs lowers the GL of meal in most cases.

Naturalis, you're totally right and I agree that such a combo would reduce actual GL of the meal, so would the inclusion of fibre.

I was talking more from a hormonal perspective. I found that when I ate high carbs with fats, I would very quickly get acne and oily skin.

See the article below for a better explanation of the effects of such a combo (more from a fat loss/gain perspective):

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrit...asseating_2.htm

does that mean carbs as in fruit?

couldn't you eat fats like avo and coconut oil and gain some weight?

1 avocado = 300 calories

1 banana = 200 calories

Make sure to include those in your diet. They help maintain/gain weight.