Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kyle 1

Random Accutane Questions

Well, I am going to the derm in 7 days, ( June 8th) and I am going to try to get accutane. A little history about my acne. It started in 7th grade, just some random pimples here and there. Freshmen year, it got bad. 5-10 actives at all times. Sophomore year I went on dans regimen, my face was red, dry, and irritated all year. Now, I still break out, maybe 5 or 10 actives a week. They are mostly small, but very persistent. I was given differin freshmen year, and it did nothing. Sophomore year, before going on dans regimen, I was given 10% BP and Ziana. Made my face horrible, and did nothing after 4 months. This year (Junior year) I quit dans regimen and started using maxclarity. Basically, the redness from dans regimen went away and my skin is less dry. However, I still break out frequently and develop small cysts. I'd love to solve this problem once and for all with accutane, especially because I am starting to get small cysts that are leaving behind horrible horrible hyper pigmentation marks.... So on to the questions!

Can I continue to use maxclarity for the first month or two on accutane?

Do most people with mild/moderate acne get bad initial breakouts? (I know, I know, I know there is no for sure answer, just wanted to see what kind of replies I would get back :D )

Do you have to get blood work done every month, or just when you change the dosage and start the treatment?

If I do receive the accutane, how long will I have to wait before I can start? (Bloodwork, waiting times ect..)

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!! :D:D:D:D

Edited by kyle 1

I don't know what maxclarity is, so I can't comment on that!

I have moderate, persistent acne and I experienced a pretty bad IB - I started out with a high dosage though - 60 mg/day.

Blood work is required every month.

I don't know how it works for guys starting accutane (I assume you're a guy based on your username), but two negative pregnancy tests are required for females before we can start (two pregnancy tests that are taken one month apart).

Good luck!

[Note: I live in the U.S.]

Well, I am going to the derm in 7 days, ( June 8th) and I am going to try to get accutane. A little history about my acne. It started in 7th grade, just some random pimples here and there. Freshmen year, it got bad. 5-10 actives at all times. Sophomore year I went on dans regimen, my face was red, dry, and irritated all year. Now, I still break out, maybe 5 or 10 actives a week. They are mostly small, but very persistent. I was given differin freshmen year, and it did nothing. Sophomore year, before going on dans regimen, I was given 10% BP and Ziana. Made my face horrible, and did nothing after 4 months. This year (Junior year) I quit dans regimen and started using maxclarity. Basically, the redness from dans regimen went away and my skin is less dry. However, I still break out frequently and develop small cysts. I'd love to solve this problem once and for all with accutane, especially because I am starting to get small cysts that are leaving behind horrible horrible hyper pigmentation marks.... So on to the questions!

Do most people with mild/moderate acne get bad initial breakouts? (I know, I know, I know there is no for sure answer, just wanted to see what kind of replies I would get back :D )

Do you have to get blood work done every month, or just when you change the dosage and start the treatment?

If I do receive the accutane, how long will I have to wait before I can start? (Bloodwork, waiting times ect..)

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!! :D:D:D:D

Edited by JHN3445

I don't know what maxclarity is, so I can't comment on that!

I have moderate, persistent acne and I experienced a pretty bad IB - I started out with a high dosage though - 60 mg/day.

Blood work is required every month.

I don't know how it works for guys starting accutane (I assume you're a guy based on your username), but two negative pregnancy tests are required for females before we can start (two pregnancy tests that are taken one month apart).

Good luck!

[Note: I live in the U.S.]

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!! :D :D :D :D

yep, I'm a guy. MaxClarity is a two step regimen. A BP foam at night (2.5%) wash and a salicylic acid foam (2.5%), and in the morning, its 2.5% BP cleanser and 2.5% BP foam that you leave on.

Thanks for the reply. Im sure I will have more questions later on, and ill try to post them on this forum. How long did your IB last?

My IB started at the end of the third week and I guess I'd say that it's been slowly improving since the end of the sixth week.

Does anyone know what happens to the blackheads when you are on accutane? some people claim they just "Fall out". Will these leave scars?

Hi Kyle, i don't know when you posted this lol so have you managed to get on accutane yet? I'm on my 4th month on 60mg a day. As for the blackheads, i'm not sure i could help you on that 1, i have had a couple of blackheads while taking roac, they have been very deep in the skin, but i have noticed they just come and visit me for a couple days then leave lol so i don;t think they would leave scars but every1's skin is different i guess

Does anyone know what happens to the blackheads when you are on accutane? some people claim they just "Fall out". Will these leave scars?

Hi Kyle, i don't know when you posted this lol so have you managed to get on accutane yet? I'm on my 4th month on 60mg a day. As for the blackheads, i'm not sure i could help you on that 1, i have had a couple of blackheads while taking roac, they have been very deep in the skin, but i have noticed they just come and visit me for a couple days then leave lol so i don;t think they would leave scars but every1's skin is different i guess

I actually go to the dermatologist tomorrow, and with any luck, ill be able to get accutane and solve my acne problems. Ill let everyone know what the outcome of tomorrow is. How is your skin coming along on the 4th month?