Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ScarsRevil

tca cross and me (will have pics)

So, I have decided to go through with TCA cross. I am going to test spot 1 icepick on my cheek to see how it responds. Tomorrow, I plan on placing the order for 100 g of pure TCA from a chemical supply site that says it also supplies to hobbyist. If the order is successful from this site I will post it's address after I have received it. If this site does not send the order to residential areas, I am going to purchase the tca from ezpeel.net. Right now, my skin is probably still healing somewhat from needling a majority of the scars I have on my face less than a week ago with lancets. I have not noticed much improvement from needling and I believe it would take a year or more to achieve the results I want. I believe that tca cross will provide much quicker results. If successful with the 1 icepick, I will then proceed to apply to 3 other icepicks. Anyways, that's in the future. I will most likely only be able to do cross treatments 2 times before the end of the summer, as at the end of summer I will be going away for 2 months and will be unable to perform cross at these times. I may then be able to resume cross treatments after this time, but will most likely only do 1 scar at a time due to the scabbing effect.

I will take pictures of the icepick that I plan to test tca cross on directly before I start the cross treatment and I will post it when I start treatment. My scarring is minimal / slightly moderate compared to a lot of the pictures I have seen on here or scar treatments. I don't know how well my camera will pick up the scars as it's macro mode sucks. To give you an idea on the scar sizes they are probably about the size of the tip of the toothpick; the icepicks anyway. I have 2 noticeable "line scars" that are as deep as icepicks, if not deeper, that I will most likely test tca on if the icepicks respond positively; 1 at a time though. I imagine this process is going to take up to a year before I am completely done with treatment; that is if the initial icepick responds positively. If it does not respond positively, I will not continue treatment.

I will most likely snap the toothpick in half and break off a splinter of it, as I do not want tca touching healthy skin. To perform tca cross, I am going to wash the area with an alcohol soaked cotton ball, dip the tip of the splinter from the toothpick into the 100% tca solution I prepare, make sure it's not dripping and will then place the tip into the center of the scar and apply pressure for probably a 5 count, I will wait for visible frosting to occur, once frosting has occured for several seconds I will rinse the area thoroughly with water, and apply a dab of some facial moisturizer which I have yet to purchase.

I will keep updating this thread over the course of a year if treatments are positive.

good luck !

Do you know how to mix the tca crystals with water ?

There are different opinions on the internet about the right percentages of the ingrdients, hm..

So, I have decided to go through with TCA cross. I am going to test spot 1 icepick on my cheek to see how it responds. Tomorrow, I plan on placing the order for 100 g of pure TCA from a chemical supply site that says it also supplies to hobbyist. If the order is successful from this site I will post it's address after I have received it. If this site does not send the order to residential areas, I am going to purchase the tca from ezpeel.net. Right now, my skin is probably still healing somewhat from needling a majority of the scars I have on my face less than a week ago with lancets. I have not noticed much improvement from needling and I believe it would take a year or more to achieve the results I want. I believe that tca cross will provide much quicker results. If successful with the 1 icepick, I will then proceed to apply to 3 other icepicks. Anyways, that's in the future. I will most likely only be able to do cross treatments 2 times before the end of the summer, as at the end of summer I will be going away for 2 months and will be unable to perform cross at these times. I may then be able to resume cross treatments after this time, but will most likely only do 1 scar at a time due to the scabbing effect.

I will take pictures of the icepick that I plan to test tca cross on directly before I start the cross treatment and I will post it when I start treatment. My scarring is minimal / slightly moderate compared to a lot of the pictures I have seen on here or scar treatments. I don't know how well my camera will pick up the scars as it's macro mode sucks. To give you an idea on the scar sizes they are probably about the size of the tip of the toothpick; the icepicks anyway. I have 2 noticeable "line scars" that are as deep as icepicks, if not deeper, that I will most likely test tca on if the icepicks respond positively; 1 at a time though. I imagine this process is going to take up to a year before I am completely done with treatment; that is if the initial icepick responds positively. If it does not respond positively, I will not continue treatment.

I will most likely snap the toothpick in half and break off a splinter of it, as I do not want tca touching healthy skin. To perform tca cross, I am going to wash the area with an alcohol soaked cotton ball, dip the tip of the splinter from the toothpick into the 100% tca solution I prepare, make sure it's not dripping and will then place the tip into the center of the scar and apply pressure for probably a 5 count, I will wait for visible frosting to occur, once frosting has occured for several seconds I will rinse the area thoroughly with water, and apply a dab of some facial moisturizer which I have yet to purchase.

I will keep updating this thread over the course of a year if treatments are positive.

Hey, You can't just buy regular industrial grade tca crystals and mix it with water. These crystals are not pure like medical grade tca. They carry heavy metal contaminents. I would worry not only about heavy metal poisoning your system, but also maybe heavy metals getting impregnated into your skin, and causing permanent discolartion. Similar to how silver can stain skin grey/blue permanently.

If you are going to do this, you shouldn't be ordering TCA from a hobbyist shop, thats deffinately industrial grade. You need to have a pharmacist compound it for you, or purchase pure crystals.

You really should think twice.

Hey, You can't just buy regular industrial grade tca crystals and mix it with water. These crystals are not pure like medical grade tca. They carry heavy metal contaminents. I would worry not only about heavy metal poisoning your system, but also maybe heavy metals getting impregnated into your skin, and causing permanent discolartion. Similar to how silver can stain skin grey/blue permanently.

If you are going to do this, you shouldn't be ordering TCA from a hobbyist shop, thats deffinately industrial grade. You need to have a pharmacist compound it for you, or purchase pure crystals.

You really should think twice.

good find sanjose, i didnt even notice it

why are you buying the crystals?

there are countless places on the net that sell 100% tca in liquid form. theya arent industrial grade either, but the proper one that can be used on the skin. ive purchased them before and have found they worked, so scarsrevil i recommend you do the same.

ezpeels.net tca is prepared using Reagent grade (ACS) according to their website. The tca I plan on purchasing is reagent grade analytical (ACS), most likely the same grade as ezpeels.net

PRODUCT SPECIFICATION

Assay 99.0% min.

Residue after ignition 0.03% max.

Chloride (Cl) 0.001% max.

Nitrate (NO3) 0.002% max.

Phosphate (PO4) 5 ppm max.

Sulfate (SO4) 0.02%

Heavy metals (as Pb) 0.002% max.

Iron (Fe) 0.001% max.

Iron (Fe) 0.001%

It's greater than 99% purity. According to google analytical grade is 99.9% pure. With the 0.03% residue max from ignition test, I imagine it'll be about 99.97% pure give or take less than 0.1%. I imagine ezpeels has the same amount of iron and lead residue since it's the same grade. I get more tca, cheaper price, and know for sure the concentration if I purchase from a chemical supply site compared to other sites; taking a risk of not knowing if I'm actually get tca or not and what concentration. I still haven't placed the order yet but most likely will tomorrrow. I've been procastinating cashing a check this week and depositing money. I've probably been exposed to higher levels of lead when I was younger just from drinking out of a water hose compared to the amount that will be applied to my face from preparing it myself. The iron I'm not worried about at all.

Edited by ScarsRevil

Good luck! :dance: I can't wait to see the results. I want to do TCA Cross on myself but am way too scared. Can you later also post what moisturizer you're using and if it's any good?

You're brave and I wish you the best of improvement! Maybe scars are really not that evil ;)

Oops posted a reply in the wrong thread just now.

Edited by Sapphire Lily

I ordered the tca (scar remover kit) from ezpeel.net for $65 after shipping for approximately 30 mL of supposedly 100% tca. The chemical supply site was hvchemical.com, and it says it supplies to hobbyists. If anyone uses that site I suggest ordering the analytical grade tca, either 25 g or 500 g and not the 100 g technical grade as it's less pure.

To prepare 100% tca mix 1 mL distilled water per every 2.2 g of tca. Or put 100 g tca in container and dilute to 100 mL or 25 g in container and dilute to 25 mL, 500 g tca in container and dillute to 500 mL, etc.

The shipping cost from the chemical site end up being around $35 due to it being a listed hazardous material, and you must sign for it upon delivery in order to receive it. You are guaranteed the purity of tca from that site though if they ship to residential areas, but it only becomes cheaper than ezpeel.net if you order 500 g which would make 500 mL of 100% tca solution. That's half a liter of pure tca, and enough for probably around 20 people or more, but at around $100. I hope ezpeels 100% tca is actually 100% tca and not false advertising.

I'll find out if it's a strong enough tca concentration eventually though seeing how 1 icepick responds after treatment. I didn't order from the chemical site because of the high shipping cost, and I didn't want to have to wait until possibly Monday to find out if they would ship to me or not as it's Friday. Also, I didn't want to sign for it upon delivery.

Anyways, I should receive the tca from ezpeels by either Tuesday or Wednesday, and will take before pics. I may also take during pics of the frosting to show what that looks like, and immediately after washing it off.

Edited by ScarsRevil

I personally would get a compounding pharmacy to do it, you don't need a perscription I don't think.

Also I wanted to add something, a few months back on my local news. I live in LA, so I think it was abc news or nbc news. They had a consumer watch warning, they purchased TCA peels from the net, from all the popular sites, including ebay, and sites claiming they are medical grade TCA. Every site was tested, all the ordered peels sent to a lab, they even showed those classic blue tca bottles you see from yovania, and that other estitician lady. They then sent them off to a lab, and all 100 percent of them were industrial TCA with heavy metals, and the advertised percentage was way off. The reason they did the investigation was because some woman had ordered the peel, she and her sisters used it, and all had burns, the peel was stronger than the stated percentage.

In a nut shell, all the Online TCA's are fake industrial, I'm 100 percent certain. There is no if's and or buts, I recognized all the sites they showed on the investigation even though the web address bars werent shown, they are the same sites many of acne.org people purchase from.

Edited by sanjoseskin

sanjose - if he wants to do it that way, let him.

i think we have a habit ofbeing overly critical in here. we think we are helping by putting our view forward all teh time, but we are probably motivating people not to respond. heaps of helpful people have left because of this :(

scarsrevil - i think its completely fantastic you are doing tca cross...i really am jealous. please keep posting, we love to hear how its all going.we also promise to be supportive :)

I personally would get a compounding pharmacy to do it, you don't need a perscription I don't think.

Also I wanted to add something, a few months back on my local news. I live in LA, so I think it was abc news or nbc news. They had a consumer watch warning, they purchased TCA peels from the net, from all the popular sites, including ebay, and sites claiming they are medical grade TCA. Every site was tested, all the ordered peels sent to a lab, they even showed those classic blue tca bottles you see from yovania, and that other estitician lady. They then sent them off to a lab, and all 100 percent of them were industrial TCA with heavy metals, and the advertised percentage was way off. The reason they did the investigation was because some woman had ordered the peel, she and her sisters used it, and all had burns, the peel was stronger than the stated percentage.

In a nut shell, all the Online TCA's are fake industrial, I'm 100 percent certain. There is no if's and or buts, I recognized all the sites they showed on the investigation even though the web address bars werent shown, they are the same sites many of acne.org people purchase from.

Are you sure it's for TCA? I also saw one, not TCA but for collagen implants... are you sure?

EDIT: Where did you purchase yours sanjoseskin?

Edited by rentstuff

Maybe... but many people on this boards have had good results with tca they purchased from the internet.

Concerning the women you mentioned: tca gets stronger when it expires. I guess waht the online stores do is that they don't throw the tca in their stock away when it expires. So face peels seem to be dangerous because you might get a stronger percentage than labeled. But if you want 100% tca you can't go over 100% ;-) So maybe if the tca is too weak you should store it for a while at home :D

My order just arrived. From the looks of it, this 1 ounce bottle probably has enough tca in it for multiple treatments of probably a hundred scars or more, depending on size. It appears that it would be more than the amount any 1 person should need for scar treatment of the face.

Anyways, I'm going to apply it later today. Still, need to get the toothpicks, alcohol, and probably going to get some vasoline/petroleum jelly as a moisturizer. I'm excited to have it and am hoping it works well. I'm going to apply it to my widest and most noticeable to me icepick later today.

post-124933-1276115511_thumb.jpg

Here's before pic. I applied the tca to these 4 scars using a toothpick dipping in tca before each treatment. I didn't notice much frosting with the 2 on the left, the first 2 I applied 2. But the 1 on the very right frosted a lot, and the smallest 1 also frosted a lot. Healthy skin frosted around the smallest 1 which somewhat worries me, but oh well. The frosting doesn't really wash away easily as it's coagulated skin. Anyways, I'm going to go soak my face in water for a little bit to see if some of the frosting will go away.

I held the first 2 for probably 10 seconds as well as the last 2. I applied slightly more pressure for the last 2 and I believe more tca reached the 2nd 2 resulting from redipping the toothpick in tca.

post-124933-1276115511_thumb.jpg

Edited by ScarsRevil

Your scars seem to be very shallow. Maybe you'll only need 1 or 2 treatments to totally erase them. good luck ! and keep us updated.

Well, I applied it also to the line scar in that picture as well as a few other small scars. Today, I have noticed no scabbing. Maybe I didn't apply enough pressure for long enough or let the acid stay on for long enough. I left it on a few for a couple minutes. After washing, I could still feel minor stinging on 1 spot. Anyways, I guess something didn't go correctly. I'm going to wait a few more days and see what happens, but I don't think I'm going to get scabs. The only results I can tell so far is that the outer skin areas directly surrounding the scar have lost color and turned white, this occurred directly after application though due to the toothpick also touching these areas from applying pressure. It's real minor amount of skin area around the scar.

If I see nothing happening within 2 weeks, no scabs or anything, I'm going to reapply in 2 weeks and this time I will apply with more pressure for a longer amount of time and let it sit on the scar for a longer time.

So, it's been about 2 months since I started tca cross treatment. I have applied approximately 2 treatments in that 2 month period with the 3rd treatment yesterday/today. I believe it has reduced the appearance of the icepicks somewhat and even a small "line" scar that I haven't taken pictures of.

I have applied it to a deep "line" scar on my cheek yesterday for the first time, after needling has failed to yield the results I desired for approximately 5 months. This scar appears deeper than normal after treatment, but this scar is the deepest scar on my face. Hopefully, it will fill in somewhat within a month, but I think tca cross requires several applications to yield the desired results. This scar may require 4 or 5 treatments, if it responds at all.

I think, I will be satisifed with the improvement in my icepicks from the original picture after either this 3rd application I have applied to them or possibly 1 more application which would occur in about 3 months from today.

I feel as though the icepicks improved a noticeable amount after healing of the 2nd application occured.

The scars where tca cross was applied to were very pink in color even after 3 or 4 weeks had occured since the 2nd treatment. I believe it to be temporary hyperpigmentation that may possibly last up to 3 months after treatment, but I won't know for sure until time goes on. If the healing goes good, in a few weeks I will take pictures of the scars from the original picture. I'm sure they will be very pink in color, but a reduction in the depth should be noticeable in the picture unless my mind is playing tricks on me.

I would estimate that healing from the 2nd application has resulted in a 25% - 50% improvement in the depth of the scars. I wish I could achieve 100% depth reduction but realize this is not likely. The scar closest to my nose didn't respond as well as the others, but I believe this is because my skin is oily close to my nose and not on my cheeks.

Will update again in a few weeks.

Edited by ScarsRevil

You should give it more time to heal and fill in. 6-8 weeks between treatments is often recommended.

Edited by Mr.Don

You should give it more time to heal and fill in. 6-8 weeks between treatments is often recommended.

mr don is absolutely right. the 6-8 week mark has been tested by other members on here and their results were much better having waited.

finally a tca cross thread! :)

i find tca very good as well i have rolling scars and whenever i have done the tca it feels/looks like the scars are lighter aswell in color.

BUT i really hate the downtime, how do you all manage that?