Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jrm209

how long is niacin effective for?

I started using Niacin flush-free last August...so its almost a year since I started using it and I have been acne free. Thing is, its very hard for me to buy it where im located and I want to go off it...but im scared I might start breaking out again. But, i'll have you know that right before I started Niacin I was on a prescription antibiotic (Solodyn)....so maybe the result of my clear skin has been the Solodyn all along and not the Niacin? I cant really tell since I immediately started Niacin after stopping Solodyn. I dont know if its the Solodyn that has kept me free or if its the constant Niacin...for people who've used it, how long has Niacin worked for you?

and I dont want to take the risk of going off Niacin to see if that was what really worked, because its hard for me to heal after a flare up, and I have graduation and formals coming up....I wanted to be sure its not the Niacin thats keeping me clear before I take the risk of going off it