Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
betterdays

Safe lipsticks and a lip gloss?

Hey all,

What do you find is safe (won't cause you to break out) in lipsticks?

Also, when you're just looking for a lip gloss, what do you use? I had used vaseline for this in the past, but I can't remember if it is good or not! Duh. I don't think vaseline broke me out, but I don't want to try it until I get a little feedback.

By the way, I use Almay products for makeup, is their lipstick good/non acne causing?

Thanks!

-Betterdays

lol, I do on occasion. Usually just lip gloss/chapstick though. Ive never had problems with any though (at least not that Ive noticed). Occasionally I do break out around the corner of my lips... but it's not very often so I doubt it has to do with what I put on my lips.

I usually use I think its called Soft Lips?, Burts Beeswax, and some Clinique lipstick. (not all at the same time). Ones my day chapstick,ones my night, and the lipstick is just on special occasions.

So... I dunno. Have you had problems with your lipsticks breaking you out?

Thanks so much for the reply! biggrin.gif

I haven't actually had any trouble with lipstick, but I USED TO get these pimples next to my mouth, and I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to bring that back now that I'm only down to pink marks. Call me paranoid, but I'm trying not to rock the boat of what has been working for me, but I miss wearing lipstick when going out and I miss my vaseline for days. I'll check out the ones you mentioned. smile.gif

Burts Bees is delicious and I adore the feeling, but I suspect it breaking me out. cry.gif It's loaded with coconut oil and beeswax, so it seems to block my pores.

I'm actually on the lookout for a good noncomedogenic lip balm. Some people have suggested Aquaphor Healing Ointment or something similar...lots of Accutane users are into it, I guess.

I've never had cheapo cosmetic lip gloss break me out, but I wear it very infrequently. I like some of Revlon's stuff and I have some Loreal Rouge Pulp that I like.

i love burt's bees... it's a staple for me. as far as glosses go, lancome's juicy tubes are A-MAY-ZING.