Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chikadee1129

Apple Cider Vinegar

I had started to break out on my cheeks from STUPID Everyday Minerals and their formula change, and then a couple of days ago, 5 of them became cystic. I searched around, and it said Apple Cider Vinegar was good for reducing pimples BUT I went a bit overboard.

At first I put ACV on my cheeks with a cotton ball and held it there and like in a minute or two the gross cystic pimples had shrunk SO much, and then I got too excited and decided to sleep with the ACV soaked cotton ball and in the morning I woke up and the 5 pimples had turned dark brown almost BLACK. They are still kind of raised but VERY slightly...There's one on my left cheek and then 4 on my right cheek. The one on the left cheek had a white head this morning and it kinda oozed out but the burn is still there :(

I'm pretty sure it's a chemical burn.... they're not even really raised anymore, just really really dark. What can I do?! I put neosporin on there and I'm hoping it does something... but I don't know!

Advice please!!

I had started to break out on my cheeks from STUPID Everyday Minerals and their formula change, and then a couple of days ago, 5 of them became cystic. I searched around, and it said Apple Cider Vinegar was good for reducing pimples BUT I went a bit overboard.

At first I put ACV on my cheeks with a cotton ball and held it there and like in a minute or two the gross cystic pimples had shrunk SO much, and then I got too excited and decided to sleep with the ACV soaked cotton ball and in the morning I woke up and the 5 pimples had turned dark brown almost BLACK. They are still kind of raised but VERY slightly...There's one on my left cheek and then 4 on my right cheek. The one on the left cheek had a white head this morning and it kinda oozed out but the burn is still there :(

I'm pretty sure it's a chemical burn.... they're not even really raised anymore, just really really dark. What can I do?! I put neosporin on there and I'm hoping it does something... but I don't know!

Advice please!!

Edit; for bad typos'

:redface:

Ah, right well too late to 'cry over spilt milk' as they say.

Best thing to do now is either get some Aloe Vera gel (soothing, reduces redness/ burns)

Or

And this is what I do when I have red/ inflamed skin. get an ice cube and run it slowly over your 'problem area/s' untl you see some improvemnt, you can also wrap them in a damp cloth and press it against the area where the redness has occured for 10-15 mins. this Will make your skin feel chilly and yeah it goes numb, so just make sure you keep it in place for as long as possible.

I advize you Do Not go out in the sun, keep in doors until the redness has diminished slightly, or until you're satisfied with the result.

also, for 'black spots/acne' due to overexposure to sun or otherwise, aloe vera will help!

Try learn from your mistake, don't overdo things even if you think it's working.

Good Luck, and hope you attain the healthy skin you're after.

= )

Edited by Durbaniter~Zitigated

Dude, I did the EXACT same thing. I started using ACV as a toner, 50/50 with water, and it was making my skin glow and getting rid of red marks (even though it stung a little) so I kept using it. Then I decided that if half strength was working so well, full strength would work even better. That = terrible, terrible logic. I got scabs all around my nose from the burns, in the corners where I'd been using a lot because of redness. It looked AWFUL. I googled like crazy to find something on chemical burns.

I agree with the previous poster. Aloe vera calmed some of the redness around the scabs. I also used Neosporin which probably helped, but unfortunately it seems to clog my pores so it helped heal the scabs but resulted in some whiteheads later.

What I've been using recently to heal scabs from skin picking is manuka honey, and I have to say, it seems extremely helpful. A google search for "manuka honey skin" or something like that will yield tons of results about how it's antibacterial and healing and all that shit, so I can't be the only one who thinks it. That said, I used to use regular honey, and it also seemed to work a bit like Neosporin without clogging my pores. I can't say it will work for everyone, but honey or manuka honey helped my scabs, so if you have either of those, maybe try them out.

I put hydrocortisone cream on mine (despite all the advice against it) and it didn't really help, so given everything that happens with overuse of that, allegedly, I wouldn't try it. Just sayin.

Ultimately, I'm so vain that I FREAKED out about the scabs and put all of the above on them except for honey which I just recently started using, and I think what helped the most was aloe vera for the inflammation around them, an occasional dab of Neosporin to keep them happy, and petroleum jelly to keep them moist in the hopes that they wouldn't leave scars (which they didn't). I know how frustrating they are, but don't panic like I did! They'll go away.

Shit, I always write way too much...sorry bout that...good luck!