Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nilou

Tca peeling and beautyskin light?

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know your opinion about the following:

Last wednesday i had a tca peeling done and i am now peeling it's almost gone. And i would like to use the beautyskin light BUT would it be harmful??

Really need some info about this matter asap, thank you

Hi everyone,

Last wednesday i had a tca peeling done and i am now peeling it's almost gone. And i would like to use the beautyskin light BUT would it be harmful??

Hey, im not a professional with the use of lights, though i definitely plan to use them a few days post peel esp if they are red/yellow ones. they should really help your healing - they do after a lot of other treatments :)

Haha, wow, I wanted to post this EXACT same question.

Technically only UV radiation should cause pigmentation to occur, and since the beautyskin doesn't really emit much of that it would be fine. But I would wear sunscreen while using it to be safe.

Technically only UV radiation should cause pigmentation to occur, and since the beautyskin doesn't really emit much of that it would be fine. But I would wear sunscreen while using it to be safe.

and if it does, you'll look live you've been away on a nice holiday :)

Hhaha, that is very coincidental!! Was it just lingering in your mind or are u in the same situation as i am?

Hmmmm i get what your saying BUT the userguide of beautyskin does state that one should not have anything smeared on the face ....correct me if i am wrong though

Edited by Nilou

Hi everyone,

Hey, im not a professional with the use of lights, though i definitely plan to use them a few days post peel esp if they are red/yellow ones. they should really help your healing - they do after a lot of other treatments :)

Thank you for your reply :) How long exactly is 'a few days post peel'??

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your reply :) How long exactly is 'a few days post peel'??

id do it after around 3 - 4 days, since the skins supposed to be kept moist in the initial stages. putting neospoin on that seems good. ive just started using this product and i already like it.

as for the sun cream, i wouldnt. it will annoy your skin and possibly cause more acne.

no you shouldnt hyperpigment using it, its been proven red lights actually do the opposite and reduce redness.

and if it does, you'll look live you've been away on a nice holiday :)

No, lol, it doesn't. Don't be thinking you'll be getting a nice tan. When I did my first couple chemical peels I never used any sunscreen because I thought it wasn't essential, and I got light brown discoloration spots on my face. They are quite unsightly.

Hhaha, that is very coincidental!! Was it just lingering in your mind or are u in the same situation as i am?

Hmmmm i get what your saying BUT the userguide of beautyskin does state that one should not have anything smeared on the face ....correct me if i am wrong though

Well, since you can't use topicals while peeling I decided to use the Beautyskin lamp as one way to compensate against acne. But when I got those discoloration spots I wasn't sure if they were from the sun, or if they were from the Beautyskin, or from both. I decided not to risk it and started to use sunscreen everywhere.

While it is true that the Beautyskin works best when your skin has nothing on it, sunscreen doesn't block any radiation outside of UV, so the ~415nm and ~660nm wavelengths should get through just fine. I've been putting sunscreen on while using the Beautyskin for some time now and haven't noticed any reduction in effectiveness.