Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stevie8

Multivitamins + sleep + exercise twice/wk = acne not cleared up still ?

My story goes like this.

Been on roaccutane twice. Did clear up when i'm on it. Each time after 6 mths per course, acne came back and haunt me.

Till now, I did not want to go back to roaccutane because of its side effects and stuff. Therefore, i take a multivitamin everyday after lunch and try to sleep before 12am every night.

On alternate days, I exercise like running (to sweat out toxins) and swimming (cardio).

Every morning, I wash with a very gentle cleanser and applied BP. There goes same for night time.

On 1st June, my acne flared up and a lot of new pimples came popping out. On 31st May, I ate cheese with white bread and milk for breakfast. I dont know whether this is coincidental or maybe it's really those stuff are making my hormones imbalance.

Apart from my diet, what else do I still need? I'm considering Milk thistle (liver cleansing?) or Vitamin A pills (fish oil etc; dosage: 10,000 IU/capsule/day).

Desperately need some pointers.

Thanks.

i would say that what you ate on may 31st definitely caused your flare up. avoid dairy and refined sugars and processed foods. i think youll see a difference.

I guess I can only wait till my hormones are stabilize before eating such stuffs again. Hopefully those are the stuffs that are causing the outbreak, else im at my wits end.

I would think eating bad food takes a little longer than a day to cause breakouts. Am I wrong here?

Would figure it would take maybe a week or two

no some people here have food intolerances and are slightly sensitive to them and they are manifested as acne. Imagine food allergies but not as severe, and also not as instantaneous as allergies

Ya i notice that after I eat chocolate I'll have a break out. I figured it was all in my head so I just had a big bowl of chocolate mint ice cream. oo boy cant wait until tomorrow :(

yea I can break out less than 24 hours after eating something with lots of sugar...

I'm also sensitive to iodine, which is in some multivitamins, so I would be careful with that.

Also drink a lot of water, eat a lot of fruits and veggies

the best thing to do is keep a journal or log of what you eat on certain days, and when you get a breakout that appears to be out of the normal routine, you can go back and check if there was something that could have possibly caused it.

it definitely could have been your diet when it comes to this.

i'm undergoing a change in my lifestyle and diet and see how it's gonna improves my skin and body.

-taken out milk and sub with soy.

-less soda but more water.

-apples/oranges/other fruits twice a day.

-swimming/jogging with sunlight on 2-3 times per week.

-1 multivitamin pill per day, and also vitamin C (1000mg) after meal daily.

-a gdnight's sleep before 12am daily.

-try not to take in too much oily food though tempting at times.

hopefully, it's helping me. i'm open to advice/criticism.

thanks guys..

try to also just keep down on the stress. don't let yourself get worked up and stuff, and if you have a little breakout, you have a little breakout. but the more you freak out about this stuff, the more acne you'll probably end up with.

Also, from what I've read, if acne flares up or appears, it's not something you did recently. I think I read somewhere that acne takes about 2 weeks for it to appear on the surface of the skin. By touching the problem areas, you're causing irritation which will help the acne come to the surface.