Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Violetmoon

Something to make me look like i'm actually living when I use coverblend!

So i recently started using coverblend, i love it, but I notice that my skin looks pretty dull and lifeless! I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to get the "glow" when using coverblend. I was think maybe smashbox halo perfecting powder or maybe using everyday mineral foundation power in original glo just on top over coverblend???

Apply bronzer or some blush. I really like this girl's bronzer:

http://img443.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=79529577.jpg

She uses "Milani Touch O'sun Mosaic"

You can apply highlighting bronzers all over your face if you wanted to; brushing it on lightly of course :P

P.S. How are you liking Coverblend? I've been trying out so many foundations to conceal my acne scars and enlarged pores. So far I like Revlon Colorstay the best, but I might want to try Coverblend.

Edited by Sapphire Lily

Thanks for the suggestion, that girl has exactly the look i want, i'm definitely going to try to replicate that. :D

I know how you feel, i think i have tried every foundation ever made! When I first bought coverblend I really had a lot of trouble applying it, because I guess i was putting too much on, so it would cake really bad and make me look gross. Now that i have gotten the hang of applying it, I really love it. It doesn't cover my scars all the way so you can still see some indents in the right lighting, but it covers the redness of my face really good, so it actually looks like I have pretty good skin. So far though I like it the best out of any other foundation I have tried.

Edited by Violetmoon

you can just change your technique. I stipple my foundation on with a stipple brush from MAC and it works extremely well! I havn't changed my routine in months and I will probably only stipple my foundation since I have enlarged pores and red acne scars, this is the only thing that doesn't make it extra noticable, it gives the airbrush look. AND, you wont have to use much product because you apply it in tiny dots then blend, just like airbrushing.

you can just change your technique. I stipple my foundation on with a stipple brush from MAC and it works extremely well! I havn't changed my routine in months and I will probably only stipple my foundation since I have enlarged pores and red acne scars, this is the only thing that doesn't make it extra noticable, it gives the airbrush look. AND, you wont have to use much product because you apply it in tiny dots then blend, just like airbrushing.

Thanks!!! I have never heard of stippling. I looked it up on you tube, I'm going to try it see how it works.

Fresh has an exceptional highlighting palette.

here are reviews for it

It's expensive, but it really works without looking like little pieces of glitter and it lasts FOREVER! You don't need more than a fingertip swiped on to look glowy.

Thanks, that looks really pretty, it is a little expensive but if it is worth it i will try it.

Thanks!!! I have never heard of stippling. I looked it up on you tube, I'm going to try it see how it works.

Fresh has an exceptional highlighting palette.

here are reviews for it

It's expensive, but it really works without looking like little pieces of glitter and it lasts FOREVER! You don't need more than a fingertip swiped on to look glowy.

Thanks, that looks really pretty, it is a little expensive but if it is worth it i will try it.

Yeah it is. But some of the best (not all!!) products are. Do you have fairer or darker skin? And more than one person said this palette lasted them YEARS haha which is amazing. I use it everyday to give myself that airbrushed glow :) I love it. It is an investment though. But what if you tried 4 shitty highlighters etc @ 15.00 each? And if you buy from Sephora you can return and get all your money back in case you don't like it.

But anyway no pressure I just like to make a case for my suggestions so people don't think I am a snob or something haha. I just research my products a lot.

Thanks for the suggestion, that girl has exactly the look i want, i'm definitely going to try to replicate that. :D

I know how you feel, i think i have tried every foundation ever made! When I first bought coverblend I really had a lot of trouble applying it, because I guess i was putting too much on, so it would cake really bad and make me look gross. Now that i have gotten the hang of applying it, I really love it. It doesn't cover my scars all the way so you can still see some indents in the right lighting, but it covers the redness of my face really good, so it actually looks like I have pretty good skin. So far though I like it the best out of any other foundation I have tried.

Hey girly, I've been trying to replicate that look myself and... I GOT IT! haha with cheap products too.

There's a line called Hard Candy which you can find in drugstores. I found it at Wal-Mart, and for some reason the line was with Max Factor's line. Anyway, there's a "So Baked" bronzer in the color Tiki. I think it was $8. I brushed that one over a random pink blush and wala! I had that girl's cheeks on my face, lol

Well, I hoped I helped and good luck!

Great thanks for all the suggestions!!! I think I just might try them all see which one I like best.

Edited by Violetmoon

What about using a luminizer lotion to give you a glow?

Luminizers are great! But I haven't found one I really LOVE yet. Have you? I like Revlon's "Spa" luminizer but it's not amazing.

Just an example :)

Me wearing Fresh palette

BTW- I love Smashbox Halo Powder. I would recommend it.

Your skin does look amazing here...I don't know if my skin would ever look that good but now I'm really excited to try it!

Well thank you very much! Haha try it and see if you like it. I'm sure it would look great on you :)