Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tandg

I stopped the regimen and now I'm acne free.

Ok, so I've tried everything. So, I thought I would give the Acne.org regimen a try. I had to stop the regimen right away because my face turned red,swollen and unbearable itchy. I had already thrown away all my other regimens so I had nothing to use. After my face healed, I still had acne.

So I started using just the cleanser again. I wanted to see if I got any reaction. I didn't get any reaction from the cleaner and my face was no longer dry. I still had acne though.

Then, and here is the big thing-- I quit drinking Coffee. After 3 Weeks of just using the Cleanser, no acne treatment and no moisturizer, and NO COFFEE... I am acne free!!

Also though, I drink water in place of coffee. So I can't say if it was the coffee that was causing my breakouts or if it was that the coffee was dehydrating me and that caused my breakouts.

I haven't changed my diet and I am still super stressed (taking college summer classes and that's more crazy then regular length classes). I still exercise regularly and I still have trouble sleeping. I still use the same shampoo, conditioner and laundry detergent.

The only thing that has changes is that I stopped any kind of regimen, except for Acne.org's basic cleanser and I quit drinking coffee.

I'll continue to buy Dan's cleanser because it has no fragrance and no irritating chemicals. It's like washing with super water. I love it because it makes my face feel clean without feeling dry and over clean.

I just had to post to tell everyone. My acne cleared up right away after I stopped coffee... within a week but I wanted to wait before I posted my results. I wanted to make sure it wasn't just a fluke or that I was just having a good week. It still has not come back.

I still get pimples but its those tiny little surface once that pop up as a white head. I can pretty much just pick the white head right off and they leave no scar or any sign that I even had one, the next day. I think I only get those if I touch my face to much during my workout.

So good luck to everyone else! If you have a habit or us something that you think might be causing your acne, then get rid of one thing at a time until you find the cause. All these years, had I known it was coffee or dehydration, I would have quit years ago.

Most people forget two crucial things about nutritiion

1) You MUST drink fresh water each and every day

This is a basic biological fact. About 60% of the human body is composed of water. If you do not drink water, your body stops working correctly. The recommended amount is from 1 to 1.5 liters of plain water each day, considering you don't do exercise or live in a hot country. Even if you did not exercise, your body uses up water nevertheless, which you then need to replace.

Remember, if you feel thirsty, you are already dehydrated. This is something most people overlook. I know it sounds completely crazy, but try drinking a cup of water every 1.5 hours or so during the day. After one week, you'll notice that not only has your weight dropped without any noticeable exercise, but you also feel better and sleep better. The water is the life =)

2) Coffee dehydrates the body

Most people think that coffee is a good source of refreshment, while in fact this is not the case. Coffee is a major dehydrant due to the diuritetic effect it causes, and if you drink say 3-4 cups per day (which is still quite low for an average coffee user), you'd need to drink 2 to 2.5 liters of water to replace the fluid loss. If you don't do that, you expose yourself to dehydration.

Note that no scientific sources were quoted when writing this. These are just my general experiences and opinions on the matter.