Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cherries

Keep smiling :)

HELLLLLLLOOOOOO everyone! welcome to my log! :dance::ninja:

My names Claire, i'm 24 years old, I live in the UK. :)

I've had acne since I was around 12, started mild by around 14 it got very moderate, and I was taking antibotics, Early 20's it turned cystic, over my face, chest, back. I got depressed, barely ever left the house, played internet games to hide myself. Literally only person I talked to was my cat! lol! :ninja:

Early 2008 I went on Accutane. It really helped with my back acne and my face, still was getting spots, but no longer cystic.

around june 2009, Skin started flaring back up again, I'd been using the same cleanser moistrzer, for about 2years, So either the accutance effects where waaring off i'm unsure. I kept going til around Jan 2010 it was just so bad REALLY bad again, And thought about going back on accutane. I decided agaisnt this, and just kept plodding on, trying different washes which only made matters worse, I love this site i've floated around it as a non-member for the longest time!

I decided even though theres custom charges large shipping, Acne.org, and Dans BP was what I really wanted to try, I tried a version of BP in this country called Quinoderm, it's 5 percent and way to strong for my face, I can use it on my chest though.

So this leads me to now June 2010, my Acne.org parcel has, arrived, i'm excited, motivated, going with it, with a open and ready mind, not ready to give up or give in!

Problem is I get so depressed with my acne, I let it drag me down, that's why I decided to make a log, see others peoples progress as well, i think it's nice to share, for motivation for others as well! were all in this together, let's end acne! :dance: i'm up for the challenge! hehe.

I'll post some pictures later when i take some, my skin is really bad at them moment very cystic :(

thanks for reading, i'm off to use the regimen for the first time!

Feel like logging already! After I recieved my treatment and posted that topic, I also coloured my hair for abit of uplifting treatment! :):wub:

Needed it hehe :clap:

So far I used the cleanser, and Moistrzer. and my god, the mositrzer is like a dream

feels abit watery at first, but you can feel your skin as if it's drinking up the mositure, alot of moitrizers i use, it sits right on top of my skin,and my skin seems to stay dry, just sitting on the top layer of the skin, really felt like this got right into my skin was a lovely cooling sensation, My familys here stopping over, I just walked into the room, and said ''This moistrzer is AMAZING'' my cousion suffering with acne tried abit on her red patches on her cheeks she thought it felt calming and soothing just like me :clap:

I'm so excited to try the BP tonight. here's how i'm going to do the regimen, for now (i'll log when I change to more BP):)

Morning

Acne.org cleanser <3

Acne.org moistrzer,<3 (i need to find a spf moistrzer for day but having trouble finding one that suits me)

Night

Acne.org cleanser<3

Acne.org BP (very small small amount) :)

Acne.org mositrzer.

I'll be following it this way til I feel my skins adjusted to the BP, i'll log in when I add more BP :)

I've also bought the AHA, not using that until skins fully adjusted to the BP first, I remember Dan saying that on a video :wub:

Edited by Cherries

Okay so last night I used the smallest pea sized amount of BP, is goes on much nicer then other treatments i've used.

Quniderm is very thick like topical cream like sudocream and i always find differn chalky.

Dan's BP is a lovely consistancy gel like, really sunk into my skin.

My skins abit red this morning :ninja: but that was expected.

I'm really enjoying my first uses just the general feel of the products them selves.

Cleanser doesn't leave your skin dry or red, irritated, just literally feels clean, not tight or anything it's the perfect blend and balance, the BP is gel like soft texture blends easily, and the mositrzer as a soft silky sort of feel sinks in SO EASILY, just the feel of it already by far is the best feel to any moistrizer i have ever used

Hey, good luck!! I really hope you continue your log so that we can all see your results. See you around :)

Sorry i didnt log for awhile, my laptop broke! :redface: have my new desktop set up now though :):dance:

I'm adoring and loving the products i've only suffered a minor breakout.

But i'm currently using more BP, and the AHA on the odd spot im getting which zaps it away its amazing!! Also startted using Eucerin Redness Relief spf 15 for the day mixed with jojoba oil. I tried to find hydro protect of Eucerin but cant find it anywhre! the anti redness really is antiredness though, it's working really well over the last week!

as of today I have 2 active spots, and alot of spots going down :dance: my skin tone is much more even, i think this might be a winning combo with the eucerin!

I'm almost out of acne.org cleanser already though! :( which is worrying as the cost to ship it over to UK is alot unless I get it in bulk, I'm thinking of trying Cetrphil which has just come out locally nearby, i'll keep you posted on what I decide to do :)

Hi there cherries, Thanks for your log. Try to keep it updated - it really helps to motivate others to start the regimen. Did you take any before / after pictures?

I've got some pictures still need to sort out uploading them. :)

Ok well so far i've been doing pretty well though tonight I had a break out of a rather large spot around the mouth area and one on my cheek feel really sore ow :'(

but my overall skin texture looks glowly and alot better :)

Heres what I'm doing

Morning:

Acne.org cleanser

Acne'org BP (small amount scared of bleaching lol)!

Eucerin redness relief SPF 15

( I'm also not wearing any make up at all, I haven't now for about 2 months, I want to try stay away til my skins clearer, :) )

Night:

Acne.org cleanser

Acne'org BP Full amount :)

Acne.org AHA

Now my skins fully adjusted to the BP i've added the AHA in every other night since 28th June :D

Edited by Cherries

Ok so i've decided to use BP morning and night I think overall it feels nicer on my skin :) (I was debating to switch up the BP for AHA in the morning routine)

I'm going to be using AHA every other night as my night time moistrizer :D

those huge spots I had have gone down really fast which is super :wub:

Morning:

Lot's of water during the daytime

Acne.org Cleanser

Acne.org BP

Eucerin redness relief day SPF 15

Night

Acne.org Cleanser

Acne.org BP

Eucerin Urea 5% (AHA every few nights in place)

(i'll be switching to Cetaphil soon as acne.org cleanser runs out which i'm close too, just because of shipping costs etc :)I'll be sad to stop using Dans cleanser! but I hope cetaphil works okay :wub: )

Edited by Cherries

Okay So i'm making sure I rub the BP in gently and allowing it to dry the full time now! don't think I was giving it long enough before! silly me, :redface: !

Also as of today 9th July i'm using Cetaphil gentle cleanser, As my Acne.org cleanser ran out last night :( wiith all the postage and customs here is a night mare and cleanser is always the first thing to go, I've got my fingers crossed on the cetaphi working becausel I can get it really locally if i run out at £6.49 whch isnt too bad :)

Another update my skins feeling really good at the moment it's just weeird i have dry flakes yet it tends to feel oily throughout the day

I'm using the cetaphil still feels quite nice on the skin, Now I just need to find a really good eye cream for dark circles lol! :doh::dance:

Hey, a very good luck to you!! I really hope you continue your log so that we can all see good results. See you around smile. :dance:

It's been so long since I updated this i'm so sorry

There's so much to say but i'll keep it short haha! :whistle:

Basically I've had some up's and downs with my skin, trying to save money, i decided to buy large Cetaphil cleansers from the USA, the ingredents are in a different order to UK one and for some reason burnt my skin made it red and inflammed in patches, I had to stop using bp, and let my skin settles just using warm water for a good month!

and in this time my skin got terrible again withotu the bp, Cysts were back :(

I decided after this to never change my cleanser ever again!! I'd been using acne.org's for so long, then switched to cetaphil as it was in this country easy to get hold of, and didn't get caught out by customs, then when i found USA huge bottles even cheaper seemed like a great save, i'd have no idea the UK, and USA one were different the steryal alchohol is higher in the ingredents list for USA so i'm guessing that's what was burning me? I have no idea.... because the UK one did sometimes burn abit but not as much as the USA ONE!

But soon as I went back to acne.org cleansers i've been great, My skin settled, got back on the bp slowly, took 3 months to clear it back up, but I got there in the end just following it again and being persistant.

I love the acne.org products it was just the cost that made me have to think elsehwhere for the cleanser, but nothing comes close, everything just burns ! no idea why ! lol!

I now use

Morning:

Acne.org Cleanser

Acne.org BP <333 my HERO.

Cetaphil cream

Night:

Acne.org Cleanser

Acne.org BP :D

Cetaphil, or AHA (every other night)

To save money with acne.org cleanser i stopped using it on my body, and i'm now using Sanex on my body the zero 0% It does seem really gentle and has hardly any ingredents in. I use BP and AHA on my back and chest every other night. my backs clear, but my chest is still being abit of a night mare in places! (was my fault i didn't use bp on it for while)

Hope everyone's doing well, and getting there skin clear on the regmine !

Made me laugh when you said you were never going to change cleanser ever again. Lost count of the number of times that I've changed because something wasn't working as well as I'd hoped, only for the change to cause my skin to go crazy, then changing back to what I was using in the first place! :doh:

Having said that, I did change my regimen recently. I had been using the same cleanser for years but started reading a lot of good stuff about using Manuka honey as a cleanser so decided to give that a go, mixing it with a bit of jojoba oil and tea tree oil. Was a bit worried that the change would break me out but it's going alright. The honey tastes pretty nice, too! :lol:

Does seem like these things just take time and patience, and establishing a consistent regimen perhaps help the skin stabilise itself. Just annoying that we have to do it at all I suppose and being patient seems kind of hard when you just want it to be gone Good that changing back has calmed things down for you again. :)

Thank you for the reply!

I know what you mean, I don't know how many times i've thought, I'll never change this or that, then changed it and gone back to square 1 :)

I love the taste of makuna honey, Heard such great things about it!, I remember someone using it as a spot treatment that worked well for me!

Good luck with your regimine it sounds fab and yummy!! xxx

Still having trouble iwth my chest acne, still giving the Sanex zero a chance though only been using it about 3weeks now, treating regularly with BP.

I lapsed abit on holiday with my chest and I kept breaking out really bad, :(

Have one really large cyst type spot its so sore! right on the bra line aswell you know what I mean don't you ladies, oucchhh!

hope it goes down soon, time to attack it with some aha !