Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
!!sunshine!!!!

big red spots, and swelling 16th day on accutane

ok people im on my 16th day and have big red spots, which look more like sores on my cheeks and i look terrible, i dont know what to do. they are soooo sore.

i do confess that i put a blob of benzol on each one last night, could this of made them alot worse???

my boyf says my face looks swollen. im not sure to be honest. my face just looks sore and like im a freak. any suggestions. i should be at work tomorroew but dont think i can face it. i feels so down.

Ice will help the pain and swelling. See second link in signature for how to use ice properly. You can also just put a wet washcloth in the freezer, let it freeze up, then put it over your whole face. It's soothing and will help with the pain and swelling.

If you notice problems with breathing, or feel like you can't swallow, call your doctor ASAP.

thank u wynne. i think i read another post of your about ice and ant inflamatory. i did this this morning and then put germolene antiseptic cream on. it deffinatly isnt as sore and isnt swollen now. obviously the spots/sores are still theire, but not as red! thank god. i also managed to get tomorrow off work, so get an extra day to heal! thanks so much. x

thank u wynne. i think i read another post of your about ice and ant inflamatory. i did this this morning and then put germolene antiseptic cream on. it deffinatly isnt as sore and isnt swollen now. obviously the spots/sores are still theire, but not as red! thank god. i also managed to get tomorrow off work, so get an extra day to heal! thanks so much. x

I'm glad to hear it. It sounds like your skin may have just been highly irritated and dry. "Just"! Feels like it's much worse, right? :D

Anyway, at night you can even apply a thin coat of petroleum jelly. That's extremely soothing and very helpful for the inflammation and discomfort from Accutane. Or Aquaphor. I prefer plain old petroleum jelly myself though. :P It's inexpensive, too!