Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mom2teen1996

accutane journel for my 14 year old

Day 43

My son has had a few pimples this week but very small above his upper lip. He hasn't had 1 cystic pimple since starting! He really isn't experiencing any side effects and just keeps aquaphor on his lips :)

He is started to train hard for cross country so we will see if he experiences any joint pain!

Day 59

Can't believe its been 2 full months. Dermatologist increased the dosage to 30mg. My son has no pimples and his oily skin and hair are still perfect. It is so wonderful to see people's reaction to him when they haven't seen him in a few months:)

So after 9 months on a low dose of claravis, my son has officially been finished for 3 weeks. His skin has looked amazing after the first few weeks of starting the medication. His worst side effect was the peeling lips. They were constantly peeling no matter how much aquaphor or any lip balm he used. It was funny 7 days post accutane and his lips went back to normal.

So far, Accutane has been a miracle drug for my son. We could not be happier with the results.