Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fraz_2010

Anybody manage to completely remove scarring?

Just wondering if there are any major success stories on here from people who managed to remove their hyperpigmentaion or indents completely?

I have shallow indentations on my face and am curious to know if its possible to remove shallow scars completely...

Just wondering if there are any major success stories on here from people who managed to remove their hyperpigmentaion or indents completely?

I have shallow indentations on my face and am curious to know if its possible to remove shallow scars completely...

never heard of anyone getting rid of them completely. it usually takes people so much effort to get them to a stage where they are satisifed and leave the site. even then though, they usually have some scarring. i suppose if you devoted your entire life to repeating the treatments that work for you, im sure you could. but most people are told to realise that a complete removal of scars is not possible and usually the face they end up with post treatment is good enough for them. you learn to lower your expectations over time.

a good example is reilly. she was on here back in 2004. she had rolling scars and ice pick scars. she used tca cross after trying almost everything on here and was able to get to a point where she felt she could leave. her skin looked great, though she was never completely happy, maybe due to the point she still had some scarring.

Well I would like to get to hte point where I am happy. I am still trying to achieve that. It is only my right cheek that really needs help so I guess that is better than both cheeks...but still working on it. So far had two treatments: Subcision once, Dermabrasion once (right cheek only both times).

still kind of unsatisfied and deciding what to do next. May do subcision again.

If you'll do a search for TCA CROSS, you'll find a few members who had such great success that they no longer post here. Femina Mala Est is one. Stefani. Reilly. Those I think are three names I can remember offhand. Oh, OursFan. She also had subcision I believe.

Me, I have had nicer results than I expected from one TCA CROSS and two TCA peels and semi-regular use of a retinoid (Green Cream). No, I don't do pictures.